Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Left back

What do we do for the next three games ? Sorry, for me Whitaker is just not good enough, maybe for Barnsley but the next two, no way. Martin did play on that side once and wasn''t too bad. If Klose is fit that''s what I''d do. Thoughts ?

Not good thoughts particularly.

My only thought was three at the back if Jarvis is fit.

But apart from that, somebody will be played out of position.

Assuming that Bassong is not acceptable, we have three regular CDs - Klose, Bennett, and Martin. Klose seems to have lost the confidence of the staff, and is probably not quick enough. Bennett has played fullback but is only just in the team again.

Is it spin-a-coin time, or are there any other left sided players? - Wildschut is right footed but is quick, although he lacks experience of fullback, I assume. Could there be a game for Turner, who probably wouldn''t be any worse than the other CDs.

Would they trust Godfrey at fullback? Are there any other youngsters who can play left back?

After the rather strange sales of Brady and Olsson in January, the cupboard is bare!

Not sure Klose is out of favour now that AN has gone - Irvine said the team on Saturday was selected by Neil. I think Turner is out injured for the season.

I''d go 3 at the back with Klose, Martin and Bassong; with Pinto and Wildschut or Jarvis in front of them with Tettey, Howson, a Murphy and Pritchard supporting Jerome. A sort of 3-4-2-1.

Always thought Bassong could do a rough job at left back if needed.

But Whittaker probably our best shout.

Fenway - By "strange" I meant only the disposal of the whole of the LB part of the squad, and bringing in eventually the fairly reluctant DJcks. It was good business, but left us with no cover if the Dutchman didn''t come.

Klose hasn''t played last two matches due to a bad back, admittedly that was info from AN.

Turner was injured. As would have been moved in the Jan window if fit. Not sure about his current status but got the opinion it was long term, and he''s not been playing for the u23s recently, as far as i am aware.

v Barnsley the back 5 should be

-------------Ruddy

Godfrey Bennett Klose Martin

There''s a mistake in Godfrey, but Whitts is just as likely to get completely done for pace at least once and gift them an opening. I think Martin is better than Whittaker at left back and we need to get Godfrey ready for next year. He might even flourish and we could have another potential star to talk about.

If it goes pear shaped for him against Barnsley then use Whittaker for the next two. I''d rather see us give the first chance to a player likely to be here next year though