Sign in to follow this  
Bill

That was NOT ared card

Sat even closer than Lessingham to it and it was an obvious red. No complains from the players or anybody in the dugout plus Dijks just walked off with his head down without protesting his innocence.Where were you sitting City1st as i seem to recall your observation skills are somewhat limited as you did not see the flares at the Scum game either?

The fact that Emnes played for the remainder of the game suggests he was not that badly hurt, not saying it was not a red, but clearly a little bit of play acting there, watched Emnes when he came back onto the pitch after treatment, it was the regulation three limps to the middle of the park, before suddenly being able to run after the ball when Blackburn attacked, this sort of thing also needs to be stamped out.......

It was a red card for a high, raking boot, no arguments there.

However it is my opinion that Dijks hasn''t gone out to do so, rather to shield the ball from Emnes in that lanky, aggressive manner that he tends to and has misjudged it.

It''s done now, anyway. Whittaker at left back.

If that had been a Blackburn player on Dijks the fans would scream blue murder.Clear red.. no debate. Lucky it didn''t break his leg

The OP and those supporting his view are quite clueless. Their opinion is based on one of two possible views of the incident. Either, they have seen it clearly, in which case there are no grounds whatsoever for questioning the red. Or, they have not been in a position to see it, in which case why come out with statement such as the thread title.

These people must be the contingent within the ground who proceeded to boo the victim for the remainder of the game. The fact that Dijks, the other players and the acting manager all saw it the same way as Hooper doesn''t seem to register with some.

Aaah Daniel so your opinion is right because you say so, we are all entitled to have a view and its my view and you will not change mine , Emnes was booed as he rolled around after the tackle but seconds later ran about like a spring lamb or did you miss that ??

Love how so many modern day fans are spoon fed opinions by the media. Back in the dark ages only those close enough to the action could make the call. Probably three quarters of the crowd didn''t know. So rule of thumb took place where if it was in our favour it was a good decision and anything against us was a bad decision. The subsequent pressure on refs was part of home advantage.

Then I remember the advent of sky sports and mobile phones. There was a guy in the Barclay who''d phone home. Those around him would wait for "mum''s verdict". "Mum said the bloke on the telly said it was a pen/red card/offside". Now folk see for themselves on smart phones. So instead of a tirade of abuse at the ref there''s a bit of a pause whilst phones are checked and knowing nods exchanged.

Dear Tim, a tackle is not judged on the severity of the injury to the receiving player, it is judged on its level of danger, risk of injury, whether or not it was high, reckless or unsporting.The reaction is an entirely unrelated issue.Glad to help.

So a reaction to a tackle may not influence a referee? Mmm ok then, that never happens, bad tackle i am not arguing but it looked way worse due to the oscar winning performance from Emnes

So those saying it wasn''t a red would feel the same if it was Elliott Bennett doing that to Jerome would they? It was a clear red all day long!

Tim, you talk of him sprinting off "seconds later". I seem to recall five minutes being added to the first half, most of which would have been down to that stoppage. I suppose you could convert that to seconds.

Daniel''s r/b, whilst i agree it was a red etc, there was also a delay for pinto getting treatment in front of Barclay/away fans in the first half, before the red, that would have added to the injury time for the first half.

Thanks Greavsy , Pinto was down quite a while getting treatment but hey Daniel don`t let the facts ruin your story, i really couldn`t care less what you think of my opinion i am entitled to one just as you are, so thats put to bed you can go start your Hooper/Emnes bumchum fan club, enjoy ;)

Np Tim

Only just logged on for the evening so not read all this thread, just responding to the most recent one.

I remember thinking Whittaker went from the unwanted man, to almost coming on at right back, to the playing left back, and you would assume that position for the next 3 games.

Yes Greavsy, I agree that there were add-ons other than the Dijks incident, I was just saying to the OP that actual hurt had been sustained and it was not a case of play-acting. Indeed, if it was the case, the player would have recovered pretty much as soon as Dijks was dismissed.

Looks that way Greavsy, any Norwich player on saturday should have been on best behaviour bearing in mind Hooper was the ref, Whittaker left back is our only option which sort of shows the madness of loaning Toffolo back out, may aswell throw a few young uns in and see what they can do, crowd will back them 100 percent

Hmmmm, not sure. Plenty of players get treatment for lesser injuries, to break up the oppositions momentum etc and to ease some heat etc.

Their player was certainly very mobile quickly after the incident.

There does not have to be contact for it to be a red, although i think there was in this case.

Yes Tim, we are entitled to our respective views but don''t you think it rather strange that so many on here concede that Hooper got it spot on when he is despised by just about all of us?

Be nice to see the youngsters i agree.

I think there is one reason why pinto, camjam, Wes, dijlks, Howson, oliviera (not meant to be an exhaustive list). are liked, in my view, and that''s due to the effort they put in.

Not everything will come off, but if a player is giving 100% effort you can''t ask anymore.

"Love how so many modern day fans are spoon fed opinions by the media. Back in the dark ages only those close enough to the action could make the call. Probably three quarters of the crowd didn''t know. So rule of thumb took place where if it was in our favour it was a good decision and anything against us was a bad decision. The subsequent pressure on refs was part of home advantage.

Then I remember the advent of sky sports and mobile phones. There was a guy in the Barclay who''d phone home. Those around him would wait for "mum''s verdict". "Mum said the bloke on the telly said it was a pen/red card/offside". Now folk see for themselves on smart phones. So instead of a tirade of abuse at the ref there''s a bit of a pause whilst phones are checked and knowing nods exchanged. "

''Old Man Yells at Cloud''

[quote user="king canary"]"Love how so many modern day fans are spoon fed opinions by the media. Back in the dark ages only those close enough to the action could make the call. Probably three quarters of the crowd didn''t know. So rule of thumb took place where if it was in our favour it was a good decision and anything against us was a bad decision. The subsequent pressure on refs was part of home advantage.

Then I remember the advent of sky sports and mobile phones. There was a guy in the Barclay who''d phone home. Those around him would wait for "mum''s verdict". "Mum said the bloke on the telly said it was a pen/red card/offside". Now folk see for themselves on smart phones. So instead of a tirade of abuse at the ref there''s a bit of a pause whilst phones are checked and knowing nods exchanged. "

''Old Man Yells at Cloud''[/quote]ROFL

Daniel i am not going to deny it seems a 75/25 split on the sending off but does that mean the majority are right? No it means there are like minded people to me, i don`t know how old you are and maybe the fact i played football in the 80`s that a tackle as poor as that warranted a straight red.

Was it a foul - yes no doubt, yellow card, good talking to and a free kick, still for me not a red, but i respect your view but just have a different one myself.....

If the club think it wasn''t a justifiable red card......have or are they contesting it? Don''t think they are......are they?

Well said Tim, the beauty of football and a discussion forum, will always attract a difference of opinion etc.

Mello yello why would they contest it? After the farce of the Brady sending off why would they, oh oops same ref ( shock, horror) the FA clearly do not like little old Norwich, no appeal, no shock, does not mean the sending off was right