Sign in to follow this  
Bill

That was NOT ared card

I''m struggling to see how it even warrants a yellow card.

Possibly one of the most shocking pieces of refereeing I have seen in a long, long while - and there could be no excuse for him being unsighted, as he stood less than ten yards away and had an unobstructed view,

If anything Elmes should have been booked for feigning an injury

The club needs to appeal this.

I wasn''t sure at the match, but having seen the replays on the tele, i must say, in my view it was.

Great position from the ref (who is a knob) and produced the card almost immediately, and their physio was also on in seconds.

Yes a accept that could make it look worse, but it was 1౦౦% a red for me.

Sorry.

Straight red, over the top tackle, leg breaker, red card all day long!

Did you see Djiks complain, or his team mates?!

Admitted by our stand in manager in his post match interview. And if the ref missed it, which he didn''t, it would have been called by his Lino, and certainly the fourth official.

Have you tried spec savers op?

Sorry i agree with O/P if you send someone off for that a yellow at most you will end up with two a side, not a sending off

Definitely a red. I wasn''t at the game but listened to it on Radio Norfolk and the commentary said that it was the right decision as Dijks could have broken Emnes'' leg

Tim Dawson wrote the following post at 2017-03-12 11:27 AM:

They saw it as it happened am sure after watching a replay they may have thought differently !!

Did you actually see it? Did you listen to the after match report. Anselin stated he has watched the replay of the incident - and it was definitely a red card!!

Having watched the incident four or five times now I think that most referees would have sent Djiks off (Hooper, the closet binner, couldn''t get his card out quick enough though). However, I think that the challenge was reckless and not malicious, an important distinction to make. It''s not as if Mitchell pulled a Roy Keane and went in, studs knee high, looking to end Emnes'' career. That said though they are similar types of challenges and after the fact that Haaland never played a full professional game again following the horrific clash with Keane you can understand why tackles like this are now severely punished.

The most telling thing for me was Pritchards reaction.

Immediately he turned to the ref to try and say don''t send him off. He knew it was a red, players really complained which also gives it away

Hooper is a shockingly bad ref but he got that decision right. About his only one.

I''m a big fan of Dijks, but I said a couple of weeks back that his recklessness will cost us, and I''m afraid it did yesterday. Plus now of course we have Whittaker for the next three games!

Reckless and very much warranted red card. Can''t defend that at all. Hope he enjoys his three weeks off...

Only just seen the highlights, Red card clear as day. Stupid, stupid stupid, on a par with Gary ONeills v W Brom ,i think. Shame, because he''s a handy player and settled quickly.

Was a red. Whittaker should have gone too so we got away with it yesterday thanks to Mr H. But, he''s certainly not an official that fills one with confidence.

Red all the way, he should know better. Another idiot whose actions cost us another 2 points against another piss poor side''

Another one who will be gone come the summer

Wcorkcanary wrote;

Only just seen the highlights, Red card clear as day. Stupid, stupid stupid, on a par with Gary ONeills v W Brom ,i think. Shame, because he''s a handy player and settled quickly.

Was against Stoke (A) and was in a similar position where the player was going nowhere, silly and rash in both cases.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Was against Stoke (A) and was in a similar position where the player was going nowhere, silly and rash in both cases.[/quote]To be fair to Dijks you can''t compare his to O''Neils because he didn''t run flat out for 50 yards with the full intention of cleaning the bloke out and taking him into touch.But it was still a red card.