Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

James Nursey - Hodgson! Mirror report!

[quote user="VW"]With a young thrusting manger beneath him[/quote]I didn''t realise he was gay!BTW, is a manger the male equivalent of a minger? [:^)]

What a joke of a club we are

The board appointing a manager even More senile than them

Even worse him as DOF and Nepotism Tom as head coach mark my words this is going to be hell

We are all going to hell in a hand cart

If there was any truth in that report/guess/prediction/fantasy then Woy wouldn''t still be 2nd favourite and available at odds as high as 3/1.There is hope yet that it isn''t going to be him.

Top manager and best choice in my opinion. WBA fans would have him back tomorrow as would Fulham fans. Maybe a job for big Grant Holt in there somewhere?

Warburton was my first choice, but I would say Roy Hodgson stands head and shoulders over any of the other candidates, including Pardew, for respect and big club experience in the game. Has managed all over the place, and despite losing to Iceland, he smashed the qualifiers for England churning out the results that mattered. If he walked through the doors of Carrow Rd, you know as well as I do he''d have instant respect from the players. Their are so many more pros than cons as far as I''m concerned - and you''ll get cons with ANY manager to be fair. It does seem people will focus on the times it''s not worked out as opposed to the times it has - if you actually look at his CV it''s quite impressive, and perhaps why England, who it should not be forgotten had their pick of managers, tellingly selected him. It also sets us up nicely for the next manager after Hodgson should we appoint him - we will surely be looking at someone of a similar calibre rather than another up and coming who should really be learning his trade at a club below the 22nd(?) biggest in the UK (source - TalkSport).

Time for some real experience, and the more I think about it, I''m all for it. 👍

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]If we needed a DoF then why wasn''t Hodgson given that role but with Neil still as manager? If Hodgson were to be appointed first as DoF then surely it restricts us in terms of who would be prepared to work as manager ''under'' him. Seems a strange one to me and for that reason I wouldn''t be surprised to see him as the manager for next season, to try and get us back in the Premiership.[/quote]

We have been led to believe that Alex Neil wanted autonomy in all things managerial. That may well have been part of his undoing.

If Hodgson is appointed manager/head coach we might as well jack it in. Another crony appointment with the majority owners having their pals both on the board and in the dug out. As DOF he might be OK provided we have a dynamic foreward looking head coach.

Why appont your friend to such an important job.

It''s just going to end in tears for somebody, or it gets dragged into a long drawn out saga again.

I''m just not sure it is the direction we want to take

Attracting Roy Hodgson to a role would be a considerable coup for Norwich City. And a huge mistake of catastrophic proportions.We don''t want a coup we just want a decent manager.Neil was bad enougth but a 70 year Woy Hodgson is not going to take this club forwards.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Why appont your friend to such an important job.

It''s just going to end in tears for somebody, or it gets dragged into a long drawn out saga again.

I''m just not sure it is the direction we want to take[/quote]If you friend has years of experience and knowledge of the footballing world then why not. If he was just some fat oaf that they knew form their local then i would be concerned.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Attracting Roy Hodgson to a role would be a considerable coup for Norwich City. And a huge mistake of catastrophic proportions.We don''t want a coup we just want a decent manager.Neil was bad enougth but a 70 year Woy Hodgson is not going to take this club forwards.[/quote]I don''t think most are talking about him as an out and out manager, but as an overseer of the manager/coaches etc.

lappinitup wrote the following post at 13/03/2017 9:05 PM:

"BTW, is a manger the male equivalent of a minger? Huh? [:^)]"

I wondered how long it would take you to spot that Lapps. Good work sir 👍

"Taking this club forwards" is as much about getting things right off the field as on it. Saying "we just want a decent manager" is simplistic in the extreme. "Decent managers" expect good off-field support including effective scouting/recruitment. We desperately need the kind of experience Roy Hodgson would bring.

Report does not mention DOF it says he is thinking of dropping into the Championship to revive his managerial career , surely there is somebody better out there than a 70 year old .

Initially I thought that''s it CJ taking corners, but joking aside he is the most outstanding applicant and he has done good jobs with smaller clubs like West Brom and Fulham, he was not good at Liverpool and some of his signings were terrible. I could see him doing a good job for us whether as manager, DoF or even owner he has probably amassed enough money over the years to buy out Delia.

I can imagine Delia and the board pushing the boat out way too far (ie taking on too much debt) to back Hodgson in the transfer market. If we don''t get promotion then it could be Ricky Martin leading a bankrupt club into league one in a couple of seasons.

[quote user="Herman"]I don''t think most are talking about him as an out and out manager, but as an overseer of the manager/coaches etc.[/quote]Well excuse me but I think if you go back to the OP ten you''ll find that this thread is about Woy becomming Manager, nothing else.Don''t think anyone is taking bets on who, or if, we appoint a DoF.For me it''s about enthusiasm & determination - during the Euros he had none of either, he looked & sounded totally disinterested.If he couldn''t get inspired about that, and given that was only 8 or 9 months ago, would you be prepared to trust him to get enthusiastic & determined about NCFC in the Championship?Out of the 30 or so who have got a new Manager since the start of the season it would appear that nobody else has wanted him.That is until a close friend comes along looking for a cheap option who won''t rock the boat.

So a guy completely lacking enthusiasm and determination nevertheless managed to get England to two major tournaments, and in the case of the Euros did so without losing a single qualifier? What would we give for a record that read: Played 56, Won 33, Drawn 15, Lost 8, Goals For 109, Goals Against 44, Win Percentage 59%, which is Hodgson''s record with England? To misquote George II''s words about General Wolfe: "Lacks enthusiasm and determination does he? I hope whoever is brought in lacks them equally then."

In defence of Herman, although the original poster, its James Nursey who indicates Hodgson is considering a move into management with us!

Now it''s his take at what level he becomes a manager - if we are about to reorganise and restructure - hopefully announced today, who knows, then is Mr Hodgson likely to become manager of not the club overall, but DoF in charge of a coaching team.

I called it on Saturday, I think he will, and I still think he will bring Gary Neville in as his coach, in the same way that they worked in the England set up. I may be well out of kilter here, but that''s how I see it. And yes I would go for that!

@westcoastcanary

Not really sure you can bring Win % into it when talking about England managers, especially qualifiers.

World Cup qualifying group...England, Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova and San Marino

Euro qualifying group... England, Switzerland, Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, and San Marino

Other than maybe Switzerland, there is nobody really there that England should fear & it would have been unthinkable not to win the vast majority. It would have been embarrassing to not have a good record in those.

Yet in the games that matter, in big tournaments, we were nothing short of embarrassing. Not saying that would be the case here, just think that you can''t base somebody''s career on games against far inferior opposition.

Look at Arsenal for example...nobody is forgetting Bayern Munich just because they beat Sutton and Lincoln in the FA Cup...

Well, since we struggled the beat the likes of Rotherham, Burton, Wigan etc (and no disrespect intended to them), a manager who gets us winning the matches we would expect to win wouldn''t be such a terrible start.

I thought the timetable Ed shared on sat was to divide announcements to structure this week with new manager search to be completed after that, hence the certainty of Irvine being in charge v Barnsley.

Do we have any idea when those announcements will come, I assume in the 48hrs or so?

I would be surprised if it happened but could be a great appointment if it did. I''m sure that we would stop letting in all the soft goals that have become our hallmark and I can''t think of a manager more likely to get us promotion next year. His club record is very good - I can''t understand the responses of some on here.

Very fair point Nuff Said...

Regarding timelines, it seems Derby have had no issue in moving quickly. Given the sudden and bizarre nature of Neil''s sacking, I thought a plan would have been in place and replacement lined up. Clearly that was not the case.

It seems we have completely sacrificed this season (Balls said as much). How are we supposed to get up for Saturdays game, knowing that the club has effectively written off the rest of the season - that''s before you take into account we could close the gap to Wednesday again

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Very fair point Nuff Said...

Regarding timelines, it seems Derby have had no issue in moving quickly. Given the sudden and bizarre nature of Neil''s sacking, I thought a plan would have been in place and replacement lined up. Clearly that was not the case.

It seems we have completely sacrificed this season (Balls said as much). How are we supposed to get up for Saturdays game, knowing that the club has effectively written off the rest of the season - that''s before you take into account we could close the gap to Wednesday again[/quote]Bizarre....RB, what has Derby''s situation to do with City''s?. Derby change managers often, and a manager is all theyre after seemingly. Balls and City have announced the plan for a restructuring, not just a new manager, also that they would get things right this time, i would be both amazed and a trifle worried if they completed all that in just a few short days.Of course they have virtually written the season off, that is mainly why Alex has gone. Like the majority of fans, they look at the table, look at the form of the past few months, not just weeks, know that its been relegation form,  not even even mid table form. Burton, Rotherham, Wigan, Bristol, Blackburn...played them all recently, not a single victory. Closing the gap on Wednesday?...right..i think closing the gap on Fulham ...and Preston, comes 1st.