Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Stuart Pearce Odds 😱

A footy legend. He''d knock the sh*t out of some of our players on the training pitch. Well respected when he coached the England U21s. Experienced manager with Nottm Forest and Man City. Sacked from both due to ownership rather than results I believe.

I was watching a premier league years the other day from when he was Man City boss and they went months without even scoring a goal at home, he even bought David James off the bench and put him up front. Awfull manager.

Why would anyone say yes to this? His time at Forest he was sacked after picking up three wins in 21, at Man City his team only scored 10 games at home in a while season.

"Pearce failed to bring about an improvement the following season, with City playing a dour brand of football that saw them score just 10 goals at home in the league, and none after New Years Day in 2007, a record low in top-flight English football."

From a MCFC website.

201 games as a manager.

78 wins, 54 draws, 69 defeats. 38.8% win rate. I''ve seen worst statistics. (source Wiki)

[quote user="Col"]Forest fans turned on him after less than a season.[/quote]
And he had the goodwill of being a legend there. He wouldn''t have that here. 

He''s a forest legend and even they wanted him out,

"Stuart Pearce has been sacked as manager of Nottingham Forest, the club confirmed on Sunday evening.

The 52-year-old, who took the reins last summer, has overseen just three wins in 21 Championship matches since September"

Love we the way some people are just happy with any old has been. John Gregory & Martin Allen are available too.

Is Mike Newell available? He was once a popular choice on here. As was Paul Jewell. Perhaps we could team them up. Newell & Jewell. Sounds good to me....

Unless we get Conte from Chelsea there will be a downer on whoever has his name put in a thread title. FACT.

In the right set-up, I think Pearce wouldn''t be a bad option - did rather well with the England u21s so could be good at bringing the youngsters through and would certainly get the defence sorted.

people on here say the board have no ambition etc etc then the same people see positives in appointing Stuart Pearce 😂🤣

Who is your choice Move Klose or have i missed it in all the threads chucking names around ?

I would take Pardew, hodgson, even take a risk on a manager in a lower league who''s doing well, rosler, jones (luton). Or someone inexperienced who''s done there coaching badges and are well respected and have contacts like a ryan giggs with an experienced head to help them.

Just not hasbeens like Stuart bloody Pearce who''s been Awfull in the 2 league jobs he had.

[quote user="Move Klose"]I would take Pardew, hodgson, even take a risk on a manager in a lower league who''s doing well, rosler, jones (luton). Or someone inexperienced who''s done there coaching badges and are well respected and have contacts like a ryan giggs with an experienced head to help them.

Just not hasbeens like Stuart bloody Pearce who''s been Awfull in the 2 league jobs he had.[/quote]Interesting you don''t classify Hodgson at nearly 70 years of age as a has been.

Why are we only being linked with has beens, ex England rejects, OAP''s, failed Championship managers or the totally useless?Boring, the whole lot of them.Oh for a rumour about somebody exciting.

Pearce is one of my all-time footballing heroes, but as a manager I wouldn''t touch him with a bargepole.

Surely we''ve got to look at forward thinking, and up and coming managers, than likes of Hodgson or Pearce!