Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Your 10 games are up Nigel

So 10 games are gone, 2 wins,9 points, 18th position 2 points off the bottom and a massive 18 points off the top with a goal difference of -3.  Nigel still says we have good energy and spirit, when is he going to realise this is no longer enough. He must go now! It is not good enough the results speak for themselves.  So many of you said give it 10 games etc Well where are you now saying enough is enough? Wiz you are right on this one as are many others but no doubt there will be those who come out with the same old excuses, the same old lines, we are still behind Nigel, lets give him 20 games now!!  By many of your own admissions 10 games was the bench mark, and we have fallen below it,  It is so depressing to see a team of our quality falling and failing so easily, there is no longer any inspiration, not only has the teams belief gone I think Nigels belief has gone in his own ability. We keep having moments we all hope will set us alight but the truth is we have not put any type of consistent form together and we need a run starting yesterday!

Please there has to be a change at the top, fresh blood, someone who will shake things up a bit, inspire and instill new confidence and self belief.. There is still time to make a push and finish in a play off place but I think this is the best we can hope for and I for one would certainly take that based on our current position. If this is to happen and we are not to have a season of doom and gloom (we will probably lose the likes of Dean in January anyway) the club has to take some sort of action. 

You have all heard the expression "A new broom sweeps clean"....I think in Norwich City case this could be the answer! 

OTBC

St.John

i basicly said the same thing as you yesterday in a thread about how we all said at the beginning when it wasn''t going great that worthy had 10 games to sort it out. We then won at plymouth which made some of us think he had cracked it. Then a few days later having done so well against plymouth we don''t even turn up at watford until the second half when it is to late. Still though giveing him a chance as he won the last game at home. We then said that we had to win at ipswich because losing there was unthinkable. We know what happened there, he made the changes we wanted and got the result. When he goes and ruins it all by

A: leaving hucks on the bench

B: Mcviegh off for henderson

C: colin off for fleming (flemings a great crosser of the ball as we all know!)

D: making them stupid comments after the game

E: Anything else you can think off.

SAturday wasn''t a good day for worthy. It wasn''t a good day for any of us!

I agree with you cooper. Things aren''t going to get better with worthy incharge

totally agree with you now St John.

I have never been a fan of Mr Worthington but was prepared to give him 10 games to get the team to gel and to get some results and get a footing to make an immediate return to the Prem. This has not happened and as a result of his totally inept displays on the touchline with his tactics, team selection et al I am now once again calling for the Silver fox to hang up his white socks. Also I would add that I would like to see his band of merry men, Steve Foley and Doug Livermore to also follow him out of the door.

Delia- put all friendships aside and get your board members together to bring this sorry debacle to a close. Lets approach someone like Brentford and offer some form of compensation package for Martin Allen. I know he is unproven at this level but so was Dowie and look what happened there.

So for the last time Nige- thanks for the couple of good seasons and best wishes for your future away from Carrow Road.

ive had enough of this worthy in, worthy out rubbish. Ive allways supported worthy up untill now. but that doesn''t mean those who where calling for his head a couple of months ago where right and i was wrong. we merely reached the conclusion at different times. i believed it was fair to give the manager a chance (as it could have gone either way, sadly the situation didn''t turn out how we''d hoped). other people gave up on him earlier. yes i agree with you all now, but i believe you just jumped the gun a bit and didn''t give him a fair chance. if he''d managed to turn things around im sure you''d have all been cowering away pretending you said nothing. now the league is starting to take shape, and its now thats the time to start making rash decisions like that. no ones right or wrong, we all just have different views on whats sensible within the club and we all take differing lengths of time to make decisions (i guess some of us are more fair that others?).

Secondly, i hope those of you that are calling for his head have a sensible replacement in mind? (and not the usual names that crop up around EVERY club when theres a managerial crisis.

thirdly let me remind you, that if worthington is sacked, ashton will be gone in january without ANY shadow of a doubt.

[quote]ive had enough of this worthy in, worthy out rubbish. Ive allways supported worthy up untill now. but that doesn''t mean those who where calling for his head a couple of months ago where right and i wa...[/quote]

So Andy Johnson left Palace then?

so what!

at the moment I wish we took the 7 million for ashton.

He''s good but not that good.

Games agianst Leeds/Reading and some away games  his performance has been below par. His first touch and passing was poor.

The penalty on saturday was poor. If you have a headache come off!!! Give the penalty to Hucks.

I''m glad we lost saturday, The performance was average agian. If we had drawn with a last minute penalty then nothing would have been said. It would have been the same old. "hard game agianst a top 2 side." I thought Reading were poor, like Leeds. They won''t last in the Prem if they get there.

As for Ashton - I know hes young and a talent, but we won''t keep hold of him anyway.

Time for Worthy to go .....

"So Andy Johnson left Palace then?"

how is that even relevant? what the hell has aj or even palace for that matter got to do with the situation here? nothing. each club has different problems to overcome and different issues surrounding a management crisis, its rediculous to try and compare two together. im talking about norwich city, and thats my opinion on what will happen. diassagree with me if you wish, but please at least argue with my post with some thought and logic instead of a silly unthought out answer based on an entirely different situation at an entirely different club!

at the moment funds are tight at carrow road. worthington is still on a long contract at the moment, so if he is to be sacked, the remainder of his contract would have to be paid off.... the only way this could happen is by selling a player, as that sort of payment could not be made otherwise. simple as. after we were promoted worthington recieved a contract extension and a BIG pay rise... its going to take a lot of money to buy him out.

Ashton will improve! The guy is clearly very low on confidence at the moment, maybe it will take a new manager to come in and boost his confidence, maybe it wont? But there is no dubting that is he "that good" some of the goals he has scored for us so far, (e.g newcastle and man utd) pure class!

10 games have indeed gone. And we''ve been poor in a lot of them. But for me Worthington should be given a bit more time. After all, at the start of the season we were title favourites, the majority of fans were tub thumping "we''re going up, we''ve got Leon, Ashton and Huckerby - we''re going up". I was among them. But is it really Worthingtons'' fault that McKenzie''s form goes out the window, as does Ashton''s (who is playing v.average although he is still beyond criticism from most fans as he is young - ageism is definitely rife among most Norwich fans as any one over 30 who has a dodgy patch suddenly has ''lost a yard of pace'' or is ''past it''). He wasn''t to know that our first class strike force would be useless? And then there was the Francis situation. That hardly helped. He was forced to sell in the end. And the problem position - right wing - still hasn''t been filled. But how many of you would''ve thought Dean Marney would turn out to be so average? We were all singing Worthy''s praises when he brought Marney in - and he''s hardly done anything to suggest his future isn''t playing for Swindon or Colchester in a few years time.

I honestly think, once we sort out the right wing, with Davenport back in defence, we will be moving up the league very soon. Hughes is looking impressive now, and once he learns to hit the target, he could every bit as effective as Francis. Safri is class. Finally we need to start playing Huckerby at CF. Yes I know he drifts wide left. But if Henry can play CF for Arsenal like that then why can''t Huckerby???? Play McVeigh wide left and have him and Huckerby swapping roles - confusing the opposition defenders. When are fans going to realise Huckerby is NOT an orthodox left winger - he can''t play there. He MUST play CF. Do that V Hull and we will win.

A good suggestion that Hux starts up front, but it won''t happend because:

(a) its too sensible

(b) it means Hux would probably be playing in the correct position, which we know Nigel disfavours

(c) Nigel thinks Doc is a better CF option.

We''re as likely to see Ashton play left back as Hux CF, unfortunately.