[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Oh, by the way Lako, i think you are so optimistic that you would swim with Piranas wearing Lady Gagas meat dress.....and expect to get away with it. I bet you know who''s trigger finger is itching , if only he could still post.[/quote]It''s not optimism, it''s reality.  Win on Saturday and Sheff Wed/Fulham fail to win and we close the gap by at least two points in one week - and there are eight more of those weeks, or matches.  [/quote]It''s reality but insanely optimistic too.I''ll bet if we lose on Saturday and Sheff Wed and Fulham both win you''ll still say the fat lady''s nowhere in sight.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Oh, by the way Lako, i think you are so optimistic that you would swim with Piranas wearing Lady Gagas meat dress.....and expect to get away with it. I bet you know who''s trigger finger is itching , if only he could still post.[/quote]It''s not optimism, it''s reality.  Win on Saturday and Sheff Wed/Fulham fail to win and we close the gap by at least two points in one week - and there are eight more of those weeks, or matches.  [/quote]It''s reality but insanely optimistic too.I''ll bet if we lose on Saturday and Sheff Wed and Fulham both win you''ll still say the fat lady''s nowhere in sight.[/quote]

No. If that happens we will be eleven points off sixth place and another home game gone - but I don''t think as it stands now - 8 points off 6th place - that it is insurmountable. But we have to start winning games! 

If you look at our fixtures in April, our current form, our form against top six teams, then you have to conclude that we are not going to make the playoffs. Last season with five or six games left it was mathematically possible for us to stay up but most saw the reality of the situation. No longer about playoffs but now the focus is on making the right appointments and rebuilding to have a better chance next season. That''s not being negative, it''s being realistic. That''s "why", Lakey 👍

There is no chance of this team making the playoffs.

The first issue we have is that we have a deficit of 8 points to make up on Sheffield Wednesday and we''ve only got 27 points to play for. Realistically we would need to win at least 7 or 8 of those matches to stand any chance.

Given that we''ve won once away from home since about October I think it''s almost bordering on dilusional to think this team is capable of form like that. The fact we''ve also got to play Brighton, Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield - 4 of the top 6 just makes the task even more unlikely. Particularly as we''re yet to register a win all season against a top 6 team.

The other problem we''ve got is its not even like we''re chasing just one team now. Both Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday will have to slip up horribly to allow us through into the playoffs. Even Preston are better placed than us and would probably finishing above us. They''ve got a kinder run in and they play us at Deepdale.

The priority now has to be being patient. Getting the right structure in place and appointing the right people into the right roles, including a manager who''ll work within that framework.

Mathematically he''s not wrong of course but I struggle to see how anyone can look at our form and really believe.

We''ve taken 4 points from the last 6 games, four of which were against teams in the bottom half. For us to make up 8 points I feel like we''d have to win at least 7 of our last 9 games. To do this with no manager in charge, Whittaker at left back and our terrible away form seems impossible to me.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Gary Rowett has taken over Derby who are two points behind us and one place, yet he is saying that they can make the play offs [/quote]

Kind of backs up my point - and least there is a bit of positivity there.  We all know teams can go on a good run from nowhere - and we certainly have good players- so we should be a bit more positive in my view.  Forget the last game, forget the season that''s been - the only thing that matters is the next game - win that and we could start that run.  A new manager will hopefully get a response too, but even now - if the players take the responsibility - the season could end well.

Yes, if the rest of this season goes entirely against all of the season that has gone so far in terms of solidity, fight

, resilience and teamwork, we could do it.

I have seen Rocky II and Rocky III, and to a lesser extent Rocky IV.