Not having a go at the OP, but if he went to more games like a lot of us do, maybe LDC you would see why! It''s all well and good being optimistic but even you must occasionally live in the real world?

Sorry, but I don''t believe the future is written in advance.  A club can go on a run of wins from even the most dire of positions......but if the the board, players and fans have largely given up, then what on earth is it all about?   Vibes bad?  Well why not shake yourselves down and get on with it - the season isn''t over until it''s over.  Monty Python had it right - look on the bright side!! 

Jamie Witherspoon wrote the following post at 14/03/2017 12:12 PM:

That unicorn sure is hungry.

Why don''t you stay with it for longer then, and then you won''t be posting on here, it''s a win win!

What''s not to like!!!

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]We could suddenly reverse our form and win all our games.

The teams above us could suddenly reverse their form and lose all their games, or draw the ones in which they play each other.

It is possible. [/quote]It is possible, it could happen but it won''t happen.I know it, you know it, the Board knows it, the players know it.The time for replacing the Manager was 4 months ago, then it was more likely to happen but not now.We wasted time making a no brainer decision to get rid of him and with 9 games left we won''t recover from it.

We are without a left back for the next 3 games and can''t even beat the sh*ttest teams in the league.
Other than it''s mathematically possible, the bottom of the barrel reasoning, there is nothing to suggest we will make the play offs.

Jamie Witherspoon wrote the following post at 14/03/2017 12:29 PM:

Personal attacks Greavsy? I thought only other people did that.

And there''s you with your yellow card already.

No more personal than anything anyone else has said Jamie, is it?

Thanks for drawing attention to my yellow card, AGAIN, it''s not like I''m the only one is it?

Now run along.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 14/03/2017 12:55 PM:

If there''s a problem it wasn''t Morty.

Very clever. But won''t work.

Anyways, I''ve better things to do than play your games, so move on, it''s done.

L8rs.

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 14/03/2017 1:24 PM:

Awwww NN, you scared him off.

Whatever Mark!

Buh wrote the following post at 14/03/2017 1:26 PM:

Greavsy is still doing a great job at ignoring morty

Hard to ignore someone who posts under other names.

Frustratingly for me, we left it just a bit too late to have a real chance at the playoffs - with 27 points available and an 8 point gap and 2 teams above us who will also be trying for 6th spot, I can''t see it happening.

If the board had sacked the manager a month earlier, there would have been a real chance of making up the ground, but I think it''s too late now.

Sheff Wednesday are actually on a poor run at the moment, with just one win in their last five.  Some of us remember that single win much more clearly than we''d like.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Frustratingly for me, we left it just a bit too late to have a real chance at the playoffs - with 27 points available and an 8 point gap and 2 teams above us who will also be trying for 6th spot, I can''t see it happening.

If the board had sacked the manager a month earlier, there would have been a real chance of making up the ground, but I think it''s too late now.

Sheff Wednesday are actually on a poor run at the moment, with just one win in their last five.  Some of us remember that single win much more clearly than we''d like.

[/quote]

Reading''s defence is starting to look like a seive too, so if they and Sheff Wed continue to struggle, then Fulham are the most likely beneficiaries of that - but with nine games left, Preston and us still have a shout - if we or they can put a run together.

If we put a run together.

Well, with no manager, four away wins all season and an awful run of form, there''s no to little chance of that.

No way we''re finishing in the top six LDC, and I think you know that.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]

Reading''s defence is starting to look like a seive too, so if they and Sheff Wed continue to struggle, then Fulham are the most likely beneficiaries of that - but with nine games left, Preston and us still have a shout - if we or they can put a run together.

[/quote]

LDC, there''s "having a shout" and there''s having a "real chance".  We no longer have a real chance, but yes, we''re in with a shout in the sense that if we go on an amazing run and enough of the teams above us cock it up, we could still make it.  Stranger things have happened but I''m not going to lose any sleep over the possibilities.

Fulham on their way to making it 9 points adrift.

...our january business is looking increasingly bad now.....if we werent good enough before with Olsson and Brady, then we''re not going to be with the now suspended Dijks and the less than convincing Wildschut

We are good enough but we are not playing well enough. Look what''s happened to Leicester last few games ....same players!

Fulham dropped two points at home tonight and failed to take advantage and get in the top six.   If we win on Saturday and Shef Wed and Fulham fail to win their matches again, the gap closes.  It''s not over.

Exactly VW, look at the feckers, put a amazing run together just to stay up, then won the Prem following season,all went a bit tits up in the lge this season now look,  sacked the manager, won a couple and in the QF of CL.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Fulham dropped two points at home tonight and failed to take advantage and get in the top six.   If we win on Saturday and Shef Wed and Fulham fail to win their matches again, the gap closes.  It''s not over.

[/quote]Nurse he''s out of bed again. [:''(][:(]

Oh, by the way Lako, i think you are so optimistic that you would swim with Piranas wearing Lady Gagas meat dress.....and expect to get away with it. I bet you know who''s trigger finger is itching , if only he could still post.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Oh, by the way Lako, i think you are so optimistic that you would swim with Piranas wearing Lady Gagas meat dress.....and expect to get away with it. I bet you know who''s trigger finger is itching , if only he could still post.[/quote]It''s not optimism, it''s reality.  Win on Saturday and Sheff Wed/Fulham fail to win and we close the gap by at least two points in one week - and there are eight more of those weeks, or matches.