Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Player Manager

Maybe we should have demoted AN back to a player, so he could have been closed to the players, and shown them how it''s done!!!

Russ Martin, surely you are having a laugh the non existant captain who thinks the team should be only those he likes and are the in crowd.

I have yet to see him organise anything on the pitch, mind you he struggles to fulfill his own position so unlikely to be able to command respect or authority!

CJ,

As I said in reply to you on another thread, you obviously didn''t see the amount of cajoling and discussion that took place between RM and the rest of the team last Saturday, especially during breaks in play. Admittedly more than usual but that is probably because he was free of the shackles of AN.

He has already flown through many coaching exams and I believe I''m correct in saying he is at least as qualified as AN, not that says much!

He is very highly respected by the other players, for all sorts of reasons, so I can assure you your assumption that he wouldn''t command respect or authority is just that, an assumption, which by definition means without factual knowledge.

Furthermore, it was he who called the change against Bournemouth when we went done to 10 men, in a game we then went on to win, not AN and contrary to the call of the bench, although AN accepted the plaudits.

I can assure you there is no ''in crowd'' as far as RM is concerned, he''s too bright, well read and deep thinking for that to be the case. Does he expect professionalism from others, no doubt, that doesn''t make an in crowd, it makes a professional team and if our team was full of players who give 100% all the time and always strived to perform to the best of their ability, just as he does, that would do for me.

Jerome seems like the smartest guy or at least the best talker in the squad. Howson is a clever player so he could probably do tactics. A jerome/Howson combination for me!

Wes is everyone''s mate and not really a leader, I''m put off my Martin just by how often I catch him ball watching or out of position, he might make a good coach though. Can''t really see any potential in the rest of our squad.

Oh damn, I hope we''re not giving the board any idea here!

James Maddison. He will be able to pick himself at least.

It seems clear to me that Martin has been planning a career in football after his playing days, and the club are probably encouraging him. I didn''t know that he''s already got his coaching badges but it makes perfect sense. The obvious candidate.

TGMB,

Hats off to you Sir.

There are not many on here who have an open mind and prepared to publicly announce they have been swayed by coherent discussion.

Ray

Ray, forgive me if I''m wrong but I get the feeling you are either related to Russ or work closely with him in some capacity, which has given you the insight to form these views of him??

Can you imagine Howson getting the squad motivated? Whenever he''s interviewed it''s the most boring, bland and painful experience, not to mention the "uuhhhmmmmmmmmmm" after every 3rd word, at best.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Our players aren''t capable of doing one job properly let alone two at the same time.[/quote]Good point, Then the obvious candidates are the Murphy twins, they''d only have to do half a job each, on the pitch and off, one manages while the other plays, if one gets tired, or bored then they can swap roles seamlessly. Plus with that uncanny twin think thing going on, at least one player would know exactly whats going on in the managers head.Problem solved, Consultancy fees in a brown paper bag please to me , care of the People Republic of Cork.Thankyou.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Correction ....''Peoples Republic of Cork / Western Division''[/quote]

To be announced shortly the club will appoint the first woman manager in the league.

The recommendation has come from the highest authority following a prolonged board service.

At present we are negotiating a compensation package but the Mother superior is playing hard ball

Our target Sister at present runs the top under 14 team in the ecumenical league and has proven a strict disciplinarian teaching her players new defensive habits (something we can well do with)

She will be bringing her own support staff with her and promises a totally new approach to the pre match ritual.

OTBC will be replaced with “Onward Christian soldiers” and the Beer and pie at half time will be replaced with wine and a wafer.

With this guidance we cannot fail.

it with be a double martin header, Ricky working the strategy while russ leads the daily tactical grind.

Something to truly excite the fans.

[quote user="Matt Hopkins"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Correction ....''Peoples Republic of Cork / Western Division''[/quote]

To be announced shortly the club will appoint the first woman manager in the league.

The recommendation has come from the highest authority following a prolonged board service.

At present we are negotiating a compensation package but the Mother superior is playing hard ball

Our target Sister at present runs the top under 14 team in the ecumenical league and has proven a strict disciplinarian teaching her players new defensive habits (something we can well do with)

She will be bringing her own support staff with her and promises a totally new approach to the pre match ritual.

OTBC will be replaced with “Onward Christian soldiers” and the Beer and pie at half time will be replaced with wine and a wafer.

With this guidance we cannot fail.[/quote]

Seeing as Ed Balls is on the board, will this female appointee''s interview be ''a discussion round the kitchen table'' after being selected from an all female shortlist, with her being driven to matches on a pink bus?