Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Worthington & Mcveigh - Is It Personal ?

Best player on the pitch vs Plymouth - substituted.

Only City player capable of being creative yesterday - substituted.

No more need be said - it has to be personal...

[quote]Best player on the pitch vs Plymouth - substituted. Only City player capable of being creative yesterday - substituted. No more need be said - it has to be personal...[/quote]

I think so. It has to be personal. What was going through his head when he made the change. I can understand wanting to bring Hux, but to substitute are most creative player is utter madness! I for one am calling for his resignatation. Goodbye worthless.

[quote]I think so. It has to be personal. What was going through his head when he made the change. I can understand wanting to bring Hux, but to substitute are most creative player is utter madness! I for on...[/quote]

I hear frequently that Mcveigh doesnt work very hard in training, and is a bit of a "Big time Charlie" And its clear that Worthy doesnt tolerate those type of players (See P Mulryne, J Brennan, M Rivers. - Just a few players whom I have heard similar things about)

I personally dont care that much, if he can win us a game he has to play. 

i think you might be right because this goes back ages. When worthington came in he played mcviegh to great effect. But mcviegh must have done something to tick off worthy for him to be treated the way he has. Lets remember that had someone come in for mcviegh at the beginning of the season i very much doubt we would be having this converstation. 

One thing''s for sure, McVeigh looked well hacked off at being subbed, presumably because he knew that he was doing well.

I''m sure the crowd''s reaction cheered Mcveigh up. He was without doubt the only player on the pitch who was hurting the opposition. They where backing off him everytime he had the ball.

[quote]I hear frequently that Mcveigh doesnt work very hard in training, and is a bit of a "Big time Charlie" And its clear that Worthy doesnt tolerate those type of players (See P Mulryne, J Brennan, M Rive...[/quote]

I really dont care if McVeigh doesnt put in the effort in training, if he''s putting the effort into a match for all to see, then that will do for me. Who tells you he doesn''t put the effort in in training? If Worthless wasn''t playing him then we obviously wouldnt see his performances. But to take him off when he did was wrong. 

[quote]I really dont care if McVeigh doesnt put in the effort in training, if he''s putting the effort into a match for all to see, then that will do for me. Who tells you he doesn''t put the effort in in trai...[/quote]

Enough people to know there is substance to it. The same people that told me Rivers smoked a lot, was lazy etc..hence why Worthy never played him.

Although as I briefly mentioned, he should play.

its probably over the fact that mcveigh took delias last sausage roll the other day, but worthington wanted it and had a sulk

WORTHINGTON HAS GOT TO GROW UP - the fact we arnt doing well is bad enough, without leaiving out the players who can turn things around.

Over the years there have been many players who have not trained well but on match day have been winners. Worthington has a duty to pick the strongest team available irresective of personal differences. As I asked on another thread what does Henderson bring to the team and I think it has been answered here he must be one hell of a trainer!

I agree on the subject of "Wee Paul".

Its obvious Worthington doesnt want him here. McVeigh had a reasonably good start in the prem last season, Skinned John O''Shea to score at Old Trafford no less, yet found himself increasingly frustrated by lack of chances as Mathias Jonson, Bentley, Helveg all came in ahead of him.

Worthington sites the fact that wee Paul was lazy, that may or may not be the case, he was place on the transfer list and Worthington left him to rot in the reserves.

This season however he has no option but to play McVeigh, considering all 3 players he used ahead of him last season are no longer here.

He has removed him from the transfer list, probably grudgingly, and has resigned himself to the fact that as there is other alternative then he''s stuck with McVeigh.

Paul must be fuming! we all know how good a player he is, he is the highest goal scorer at present at the club. yet when he gets his chance, regardless how well he plays he finds himself hauled off.

I bet if he scored a hat trick in the first 10 minutes and set up another 3 for Deano in the next 10 minutes he''d still get hauled off! in fact, he probably has a sweep stake with Ladbrokes and bets on the minute he will depart, he''ll be loaded by May.

jas

Just one or two examples for you from the past:-

David Bentley v Worthless, simple training ground spat (allegedly) = Bentley dropped

Craig Fleming v Worthless, disasterous defensive clangers = Flem on the teamsheet

Phil Mulryne v Worthless, bad attitude to training(allegedly) = Mulryne dropped

Hucks v Worthless, below par, predictable performances = Hucks on teamsheet

Paul McVeigh v Worthless, big time charlie attitude(allegedly)= McVeigh dropped

Dean Ashton v Worthless, continued poor performances & concussed into missing penalty= Deano on teamsheet

I could keep going, citing such examples but I think it is plainly apparent that ''good natured Nige'' the quiet unassuming manager of ''plucky little Norwich'' has exposed himself as a man who regularly fails to manage professional players on performance, but lets personalities affect his decisions, as we are finding out to our cost. It''s a case of ''if the face doesn''t fit, you don''t play'', but then again, he''s already told us supporters what he thinks of us and our opinions, so I wouldn''t be surprised to be turned away at the turnstile for daring to disagree with '' He who must be obeyed'', but then again I''ve only been a season ticket holder for the last ten years, and coming to matches for the last fifteen, so what do I know. I have to bow to his obvious superior knowledge. I think the McVeigh issue is simply because we, the supporters like this player, and the fact that he has a song extolling his virtues obviously grates on Worthless. I''m currently taking bets as to which one will be first on the dole queue.