Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Preparing to be underwhelmed again.

Another drawn out appointed like all other previous selections only to be disappointed with the end result.

That''s the way I am beginning to feel, but just once would like to be pleasantly surprised by the clubs selection.

The board is heading back to square one with the fans due to the lack of urgency and the push for the playoffs, together with missing out on two top managers.

It the Board have given up this season, what about the fans and selling tickets for the remaining games.

Playoffs are still possible if the club is proactive.

I am a half glass empty person but after AN sacking I was in a positive mood about the playoffs, until the boards lackadaisical approach about it all.

Most of us knew AN time was up in November and would have had candidates lined ready, not our board.

"I am a half glass empty person" - you don''t say? I hadn''t picked that up at all.The club are taking their time to come to a considered decision for the long-term, rather than snatching at the first first available option like a toddler in a toy shop. Contrasting that with the history of managerial appointments at Derby and Forest, I find that reassuring.And I will try and come back in nine months time and point out that Rowett and Warburton were described as "top managers". I agree Rowett looks promising and Warburton has had some success, but there''s nothing remotely guaranteed about either of them.

It''s possible that the re-structuring may amaze us in its conception, and that the Board have names ready for the various roles.

But somehow, I doubt it. The sacking of AN after an away match press conference, suggests bungling, especially as they had plenty of chances.

Perhaps they thought that Hodgson was "in the bag", so they didn''t need to replace one young manager with another. He seems to have said know. The two most acceptable candidates have now signed on to manage rival Championship clubs.

I hate to say it, but it seems to me to be the usual muddle, and I fear that we may have missed the boat.

Russ Martin said we''d be happy with what''s on its way......I''m excited and happy if the Captain''s happy......

I think a lot of people are going to be underwhelmed by our replacement ''manager''

I''m sure we''re looking at a head coach and it won''t be a big name. Darrell Clarke, Gary Holt, Steve Clarke, Alan Irvine, the Cowley''s etc are probably about the level and type we''d be looking at.

I''m not necessarily against that and I''d give the new structure a chance, I think it''s something we should''ve implemented a while ago, after Hughton, but prepare for another Alex Neil type shock/wtf appointment

It''s going to be drawn out as well as I''d expect we''ll get the new structure in place first. The only chance of a recognised name is in the DoF role imo

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Russ Martin said we''d be happy with what''s on its way......I''m excited and happy if the Captain''s happy......[/quote]I don''t doubt he''s ''happy'', he appears to be untouchable.

I wouldn''t be surprised if jaws drop when Nigel Adkins is unveiled. He will be decribed by Wynn-Jones as "best in class" because of the back-to-back promotions he achieved with Southampton.

Fair play, these things take time to plan.

You can''t expect anyone on the board to have been considering a sacking, it must have come as shock to them all when they put their hands up.

Pharrell Williams told me he''s Happy.

im spartacus canary wrote the following post at 15/03/2017 5:56 PM:

The most disappointing thing of all is a total lack of a plan by the board ! They really are a joke.

No surely not. Don''t you know it was a scheduled board meeting and there was an agenda to be followed.

Why on earth would you want to schedule in a special meeting to deal with something''s by like sacking your manager. Wait for the routine meeting I would say.

Did it come up as AOB?