Sign in to follow this  

Bring back Mcnally.

Russ did say the fans would like the changes. I''m still trying to work out why this could possibly be the case. Does he believe McNally was popular with the supporters? Or could it be WFL Grant Holt?

I love how McNally''s past with us is being whitewashed and now only seen through rose tinted specs.

The guy has a ceiling, he hit it with us then moved on. We should too.

It''s a fate worse than death.

"Lambert apart he didn''t exactly get it right did he?"

Apart from three promotions, debt free and three Pl seasons? I can think of a few clubs who would kill just for some of that. Ipswich for started.

I for one would love him back now!

I suspect that if he had his way Neil Adams wouldnt have been appointed, that and other issues are the reason he left. Look at the way Moxey had enough after a few months, Delia et al need to get McNally back and let him hire and fire , under him we wouldnt have waited this long to sort things out.

He sorted this club out before and can do it again

[quote user="CJ"]

He sorted this club out before and can do it again[/quote]

Did he? I wonder what Alan Bowkett would say to that....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Bring back Mr Neil Doncaster......It''s the only way this club will progress! FACT![/quote]

I once spent an hour on the phone on Doncaster - who to be fair would always listen to fans - but was far too corporate for my liking.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]An hour on the phone on Doncaster? Was said phone perched on his buzz cut haircut?......[/quote]

It would have fell off with all the hair gel...

[quote user="komakino"]No fabrication. Fact.[/quote]This is your "impeccable source" again, I assume, komakino. The one who claimed we had not budgeted for trying to get straight back up. And which claim you kept repeating despite being told all the evidence pointing in the opposite direction - that if anything we decided to take quite a financial risk on an immediate return to the Premier League. As Paddy Davitt, using the arguments and information I had already put forward, stated a couple of days ago:
Norwich retained the bulk of a Premier League squad to plot an instant return. Neil discovered to his cost on Friday City’s roster did not possess the guile or the cunning to bridge that gap from a Championship which is no respecter of reputations.Norwich’s board sanctioned the Scot’s desire to keep his top flight performers. Nathan Redmond was afforded the opportunity to retain his Premier League status but Timm Klose an Robbie Brady stayed and the likes of Pritchard and Nelson Oliveira were added to swell the growing mood of optimism.But that strategy came at a cost. City have carried too many passengers on large salaries who, it would appear on the evidence of a wretched campaign, were quite prepared to pocket the financial rewards while they remained on the periphery. That is hardly a conducive formula for a collective promotion push.

The way this season has gone I feel more than justified. Norwich City unfortunately having never looked like going up this season. If the club were serious about Promotion, Neil would of gone last year. I maintain the club were not serious regarding this season or a very best extremely complacent.

Also you are assuming that keeping the bulk of the squad was good thing? I didn''t at the time and the proof was in the pudding. Neil kept a squad that was increasingly playing against him and players with nothing to prove as Michael Bailey pointed out much earlier in the season was not the way to go. Neil''s bullying of players - especially as he had no track record as a player - did him no favours.

With Bowkett and McNally gone, the board compromises of well meaning amateurs and I wouldn''t put anything past them. They are hopeless.

Problem is, 70% of our fanbase abused McNally towards the end and I said at the time - the chances of us getting someone better was pretty much nil.

We got Jez Moxey. Reckon I was right.

The same impeccable source who told you Delia used to support Ipswich and tried to invest with them before us but Sheepshanks send her packing?

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 15/03/2017 2:04 PM:

Was it hair gel? Or Ben Stiller''s ''There''s something about Mary'' type gel?

Not a pleasant thought 😀

No a different one, but have no recollection regarding Sheepshanks, other than it was a rumour but no more.

You can''t deny Mcnally saw this club through some of our best years. Granted he made a couple of mistakes but undeniably did a good job. Him and Bowkett steadied the old ship.

hogesar wrote the following post at 15/03/2017 3:30 PM:

Problem is, 70% of our fanbase abused McNally towards the end and I said at the time - the chances of us getting someone better was pretty much nil.

We got Jez Moxey. Reckon I was right.

Well played Hoggy😀

Fans were angry at relegation and he fell on his sword, the wrong man went of course.

There was a much more open feel about the club when he was there.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]You can''t deny Mcnally saw this club through some of our best years. Granted he made a couple of mistakes but undeniably did a good job. Him and Bowkett steadied the old ship.[/quote]

They are both missed in their own way and certainly have not been replaced effectively.