Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Big Mick.

This whole process is getting so depressing that I''d favour him over some of the other names currently being mentioned!

He''s an experienced disciplinarian who would sort our wretched defence out if nothing else. His cup pedigree would be a perfect fit for us too!

[quote user="Stone"]This whole process is getting so depressing that I''d favour him over some of the other names currently being mentioned!

He''s an experienced disciplinarian who would sort our wretched defence out if nothing else. His cup pedigree would be a perfect fit for us too![/quote]Tending to agree with that. None of the other names mentioned fills me with any optimism, but McCarthy might sort out some of the more precious egos we have and get us organised defensively.

Not sure if it''s a reflection of the state of the club, or the state of mind of posters on here that we''ve sunk to the level of hoping to steal Ip5w1ch''s manager. The latter I suspect.

Get a grip! We''re better than that!

In case you are not sure just check out Big Mick''s record in the Premiership.

Why are so many people seemingly satisfied with mediocrity?

Where has the ambition gone?

I can''t say I want McCarthy or would be happy with him here but I think the Stuart Pearce rumour has set me off (that possible appointment has disaster written all over it). Like it or not McCarthy has an equal or better pedigree than some of the other names being mentioned! Grayson, Warnock, Pearce, Davies...

For now I''d focus more on a managers'' record in the Championship than the Premier League.

Oh dear god.
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
No thanks.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]In case you are not sure just check out Big Mick''s record in the Premiership. Why are so many people seemingly satisfied with mediocrity? Where has the ambition gone?[/quote]

Newsflash - check which division City are in right now ?

What we need is a manager to get us promoted.  We can worry about a manager to keep us up, when we''re up.

McCarthy has always struck me as a good Championship level manager.  A lot of the names being suggested are much, much worse.

Why are people concerned with his record in the Premiership? We are Championship and look set to be there for a while the way the club is currently run, so that''s what should be taken into account!

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 15/03/2017 11:48 AM:

Why are people concerned with his record in the Premiership? We are Championship and look set to be there for a while the way the club is currently run, so that''s what should be taken into account!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So think ahead.

We appoint Big Mick, he has a bit of cash to spend (well a lot more than he has now) and he manages to get us promoted.

What do you do then? Sack him before the Premiership season or let him prove again that that is a step too far?

We should surely be looking to the future and the future development of the club not just at the present time and somebody who might be a ''solid Championship manager'' but somebody who could have a future in the Premiership.

Mediocrity is not good enough.

Yellow Wal, it''s hard to disagree with your longer-term outlook and I hope the board are working with the same mindset, but we need to be realistic on 2 fronts...

1. Who are we likely to attract that fulfils your criteria?

2. Our board are a rudderless shower at present, and I''d be surprised if they had ANY kind of plan in place.

Therefore I''m thinking that a seasoned championship operator with a degree of relative success actually sounds more appealing than several other even more underwhelming rumoured possibilities.

That''s just the man for us.   He would have no nonsense with youth policies, young players being developed - though we would certainly see an endless stream of useless young players brought in who would leave after a game, or one.And to hell with this modern rubbish about how the game should be played. You cannot be beaten if they don''t score, so just kick the ball (and/or the opposition) as far away from your goal as possible. That''s all.

ps as to those being named then if you are daft enough to believe mystig meg type nonsens then you deserve to be upsetting yourself... remember all the names being bandied about before AN was apponted and how much wailing there was on here about those being named ?

Never said I wanted McCarthy, I don''t at all! But this thing about having Premier League experience is a joke surely? How many of our previous managers appointed by this board had Top flight experience?

I don''t particularly want a manager with Premier League experience but at the same time what I don''t want is a manager who has not been able to succeed in the Premiership and is an experienced ''Championship Manager''.

I, too, would prefer an up and coming manager but now accept that a DOF working with an inexperienced manager could be the way to go.

whereas down at the farmyard the binners have also been having there say on Mad Mickhere are the three top rated (ticks) posts

"Gates down 5000, 17th in the table, one win in 13, 34 goals in 36 games.

Playing 8-2-0. Signing over 60 players with a 1 in 10 success rate.

Many players paid to leave, contracts scrapped or just told not to

bother coming to work. Academy left to run itself and players loaned out

or benched. Loan players developed or recuperated at ITFC''s expense.

Yes Mid table Mick is a proper manager. "

"Unbelievable. Deluded and arrogant. Incredible how he has the front to tell us what a good job he has done. Short conversation - thank you and goodbye Even shorter, Foxtrot Oscar. McCarthy OUT"

"Should

have gone long ago and he better before next season or may as well shut

three quarters of the stadium ,,reckons he has done a good job says

who! only sir bonehead McCarthy boring as his football."all posted today, and little to argue with

@Yellow Wal

I''d argue he''s too good for Ipswich and we''d be doing him and the footballing world a massive favour by releasing him from that dead end mire.

It''s rare that when a rival is performing worse than you that fans still like and rate their manager. Most of us like Mick I''d imagine, most of us would love him to be sacked from the binners as he''s done such a good job there. If they appointed a coach who tried to get them playing football they''d be relegated.

I''d have him here. He''s not the man to establish us in the PL but I''m certain he''d get us there at least.

I like the man as well I have to admit. Every Time an Ipswich related article pops up I always hope it''s them sacking him

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]@Yellow Wal

I''d argue he''s too good for Ipswich and we''d be doing him and the footballing world a massive favour by releasing him from that dead end mire.

It''s rare that when a rival is performing worse than you that fans still like and rate their manager. Most of us like Mick I''d imagine, most of us would love him to be sacked from the binners as he''s done such a good job there. If they appointed a coach who tried to get them playing football they''d be relegated.

I''d have him here. He''s not the man to establish us in the PL but I''m certain he''d get us there at least.

I like the man as well I have to admit. Every Time an Ipswich related article pops up I always hope it''s them sacking him[/quote]Yes he''s done a cracking jobstagnating the club, emptying the stands, wrecking the youth sysytemal the time playing a brand of football that would even bore the ar se of a corpsewhoever finally takes over will have on helluva mess to clear up - though given the number of clubs beatng a path to his door it will only come if ME has also had enough this summerMad Mick the living death to a club

Yeah, but look at what he''s had to spend and the poor support structure through the club. We''re lagging behind the Watford''s and Bournemouth''s in terms of infrastructure but even we make Ipswitch''s set up look completely antiquated.

Then consider that he''s managing a poisonous little, oddball of a club with an owner that has long since given up his PL dream and is just keeping them ticking over. Getting them to the positions has has these past few seasons and turning talentless athletes like Knusden, Berra, Bru and Skuse into anything resembling a competent football team is nothing short of outstanding!

He''s a great manager at this level and he''s far too good for them!

Let''s not forget that when Mick arrived at Ipswich they were total fodder, and looking set to go down. In that time he''s had to lose the high-earning overpriced dross (sound familiar?) Keane and Jewell brought in and then cobble together a side of loans, frees, real cheapies and youth players to compete in this league. He''s barely paid a fee for a player in the time he''s been there yet managed their best finish in a decade and has steered them well clear of any trouble.

He got Sunderland and Wolves promoted out of the Championship when he did have some backing.

Yes, some of the football has been poor, and when you''re shopping in the bargain bin you''re bound to pull out plenty of duds. I can see why the scummers aren''t going to be overjoyed with where the club finds itself but as far as I can see that lies at Evans'' door - since he''s basically withdrawn his funding for anything over the absolute necessary for them to operate.

I''m not advocating going after him, it would be the most uninspiring of appointments, but I just think that when placed alongside some of the other names being mentioned his record betters many of them.

But as Alex Neil knows you are only as good as your current season or record.

And Ipswich have performed poorly since they made the playoffs.