Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

what a surprise norwich dither whilst others act

Do we have sufficient competence within the existing board to be able to get us out of this mess?

Who is driving the bus?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Nuff Said"]To quote the BBC, this will be the fifth consecutive East Midlands derby with a different manager in charge of both clubs. Nuff said.

What is unsurprising is that posters on here criticise the club for taking time to make a crucial decision. They would equally probably be complaining if we''d appointed someone quickly.[/quote]

Nobody is criticising the club for taking time to make a crucial decision. I think the point being made though is that any self respecting football club who have known for at least 3 months that they may need to sack their manager should have a potential replacement lined up by the time they sack that manager rather than appearing to start the search from scratch a while afterwards, particular where any further delay is caused by this "restructuring" red herring.

Derby clearly acted swiftly in sacking McLaren and getting Rowett in because our job became available and they were concerned he would be offered and take it. Their hand was therefore forced to a degree but obviously he was the man they had identified to succeed McClaren. Whether or not you agree Rowett was the right an for us it would be nice to feel that the club had a similarly clear idea of who they want. It doesn''t quite feel like that.[/quote]

Completely agree with this

Agree with that Jim. Neil going is no shock with the form we''ve been in under him but you''d expect them to have someone lined up. I''m hopeful that we''re targeting someone who is already at a club and thus taking a bit longer but I don''t have a great deal of faith in this board right now.

Jim, the point is that we''re effectively outsiders looking in and just because we can''t see that 3 month list or whatever, doesn''t mean they don''t privately have a clear idea who they want. As I say, Rowett and Warburton may never have been of serious consideration, hence no quick (or otherwise) move for them. Also, it doesn''t sound as simple as just hiring a manager, if the DOF role is to be believed then I would imagine there''s plenty of complicated talks ongoing back and forth between all parties and that by its very nature is likely to take some time.

Regardless, the flip side is that we''re not getting relegated and unlikely to finish in the play offs so personally I''d be happy to wait till the end of the season if needs be - it''s a quite reasonable possibility that the board may well wait till then with Irvine in temporary charge as the likes of Wagner, Jokanovic and Monk etc become available, after all they won''t all get promoted. If that''s the case, I doubt many would complain in the long run.

Added to the fact that both the board and Irvine said after Friday''s sacking that he would be in charge for the next two matches.

Given the unprofessional comments directed at the board for the timing of the sacking of AN, imagine what the impression would be if they said a caretaker manger for 2 matches then appointed someone during that period? Cries of lack of organisation and the like, I''m sure.

Happy to wait, to ensure the club will appoint who they see as the right man for the job, which includes, availability, cost, experience etc, and i will support whoever they are, as manager/coach of our team, even if they appoint someone who wouldn''t have been my choice.

OTBC.

Spot on, Greavsy.

Anyone who''s ever had to hire staff will know that you can offer everything that the potential employee wants, he/she makes all the right noises yet let you down for any number of reasons last minute. Doesn''t mean the board or incompetent in that respect, hiring and firing is what it is. But I don''t think that''s the case here, it''s been 5 days or so!.

Bottom line is this, I want them to make the right decision, not a snapshot appointment to impress us all with their speed of delivery.

Anyway, it''s derby and forest. At least one of these managers will be sacked before the start of next season.

The board of NCFC are not incompetent......They are though, being astute and very, very, very......careful.....Patience y''all....

@Alfie54
"Nobody is criticising the club for taking time to make a crucial decision. I think the point being made though is that any self respecting football club who have known for at least 3 months that they may need to sack their manager should have a potential replacement lined up by the time they sack that manager rather than appearing to start the search from scratch a while afterwards, particular where any further delay is caused by this "restructuring" red herring. 
So people are justified in pouring scorn and criticism on the board because of how things "appear" to be, rather than waiting to see how they actually are? Sums it up nicely I think Alfie. As for the restructuring being a red herring, people really need to recognise the concept of the omnipotent football manager for the anachronism it is. British managers who can''t manage any other way are themselves becoming an anachronism in the game. 

[quote user="7rew"]Anyway, it''s derby and forest. At least one of these managers will be sacked before the start of next season.[/quote]
That''s probably nailed on!
Great to see you posting 7rew.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="7rew"]Anyway, it''s derby and forest. At least one of these managers will be sacked before the start of next season.[/quote]
That''s probably nailed on!
Great to see you posting 7rew.
[/quote]

I bet anyone £100 that Mark Warburton will be manager of Nottingham Forest And Gary Rowett manager of Derby County at the start (Game 1) of Football League Season 2017/18.

And how much will you bet that they''ll last the season? I wouldn''t waste £1 on that. Half the season? The shelf-life of their managers is so short it must have an effect on people''s decision to go there. Or need a generous compensation clause in the contract to compensate.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]And how much will you bet that they''ll last the season? I wouldn''t waste £1 on that. Half the season? The shelf-life of their managers is so short it must have an effect on people''s decision to go there. Or need a generous compensation clause in the contract to compensate.[/quote]

I would not bet anything on them lasting the season.

Just the idiots on here who make ridiculous statements every day like Nutty Nigel, if NCFC had appointed either of them 2 as manager they would be saying what a brilliant appointment etc etc.

Fans like them are the ones who kept Alex Neil in a job for so long, when it was obvious to 80% of fans the poor man was struggling with the job.

As an aside I understand from sources (BBQ before anyone asks) that Rowett knew his destination at the weekend and he was never going to be coming to Norwich.

As for dithering its all about next season, so what is the rush to make a hopeful low quality available appointment. There is not an outstanding (or decent) available candidate at the moment. Derby are delusional if they think they can make the play offs.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Just the idiots on here who make ridiculous statements every day like Nutty Nigel[/quote]Nutty is on here every day and not like you, only posting when we lose or in uncertain times. Get back to TWTD.http://www.wheeliebins.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/smelly_wheelie_bin.jpg

Whilst I agree that there is no immediate rush, I do think someone must be in place before the end of this or already named for next season.

We have been atrocious in the transfer market in the last couple of years and appear to always leave it to the last minute and not necessarily bring in who we really want.

I would like to see a manager set out his stall in time for pre season and have the majority of the ins and outs done before the kick off.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]We have been atrocious in the transfer market in the last couple of years and appear to always leave it to the last minute and not necessarily bring in who we really want.

I would like to see a manager set out his stall in time for pre season and have the majority of the ins and outs done before the kick off.[/quote]If the rumour about David Moss arriving to work for the club is true then transfers may well be no longer be the sole domain of the manager.This is an overlooked advantage of having a sporting director, as the club''s transfer business wouldn''t necessarily be held up should we not have a manager in place by the time the window opens.It follows that we wouldn''t need to rush to appoint a manager under such a scenario.

Twice we agree on this thread Len.
And just a heads up PUPs if you''re making a list and checking it twice. Idiots is allowed but morons isn''t. 

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We were supposed to have restructured after we sacked Houghton. Who is leading on this latest restructured there is noone on the board with any footballing competence. It doesn''t matter what the structure is we just need a manager who can motivate and organise players and make positive signings[/quote]

Perfectly put. Agree 100%