Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Rob Butlers Tweet

Never ''erd of him

Put his name in google and all I got was basket ball players.

Clearly a jest.

Worth reading this - talks a good game!

http://visionarysportsinvestment.com/news/celtic-fcs-david-moss-talks-sporting-directors-and-saving-40-million/

I haven''t had time to look at it yet, just letting you know what he tweeted, his tweets usually fairly sensible

dibbler wrote the following post at 15/03/2017 6:30 PM:

So we will have Steve Stone and Moss to join the directors.

But surely a rolling stone gathers no moss dibble?

Number 9 wrote the following post at 15/03/2017 6:32 PM:

Could Hodgson have pointed him out?

😀

Doesn''t seem like an illogical appointment

Ticks all the boxes that the role requires, isn''t an ex-manager who will be ''primed to take over'' every time results go against us.

The sort of person a manager wouldn''t mind working with, somebody who is not a direct threat to his job

As Celtic have themselves appointed a new head of recruitment today, there might be something in this.My only concern is that although he persuaded Van Dijk, Wanyama and Dembele to join Celtic, it''s not exactly a tough sell with 60,000 every home game and guaranteed Champions League football every year. It''ll be interesting to see if he could persuade people to join an underachieving Championship team with limited capacity (or even desire) to compete at the highest level.

Celtic paid £900k for Wanyama, £2.5m for Van Dijk he''ll do.

Glad to see the board can see recruitment is probably the biggest problem we''ve had in the last 3/4 years. Probably fed up seeing all the £s wasted on the likes of RVW, Vadis, Klose, Naismith, Lafferty, Jarvis etc.

Get some gems in, get good couple seasons out of them then sell on for huge profits, then repeat.

Sounds like a decent fit for the role we''re anticipating - something along the lines of Saints; if it works out anything like as well as for them we''ll be more than happy

This looks like a very good move if true. However I''m not getting too excited because our club has a long track record of turning opportunity into utter disaster.

Don''t think it can be a good move if true because the cook, wynnie, nepotom and ballsup must have been behind it. Probably advised by the man from mulbarton. ....

I''m going to be positive on this (assuming this chap comes).

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yes so am I Len.[/quote]I''m a little surprised that you''re in favour of employing someone like Moss Nut''s. Especially how you were poopooing the idea of a Moneyball set up less than three months ago.

Butler said in his tweet that he was waiting for an answer from Celtic.

Be interesting to see what they say, if anything.

[quote user="im spartacus canary "]Celtic talent spotter ??? We may as well hire true grit 😅 what a joke.[/quote]oh dear

The man who found Wanyama/Van Dijk/Kayal/Roberts etc etc etc for a club without much financial pull? Yes please!

If he joins in any capacity it should give our recruitment team a big boost. I know nothing about him though, with Hidgeson seemingly ruling himself out an appointment like this makes sense.

Mcnally worked for Celtic as CEO for a while as well btw.

*Haven''t read the thread btw, only the OP and links in the first 6/8 replies. Sorry if I''ve repeated what anyone else has said.

Ahh Celtic. A team guarenteed to win the league and to play against Europe''s elite...Must be a tough call for average players to make.So... mid table championship then... what can we offer that Celtic can''t?