Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Where is this "new structure" announcement going to happen?

With you on this one LDC, I would think today or tomorrow would be a preferred option, or do we have another team press conference then announce the changes.

Good morning all, don''t think there was a difinitive date or time but read somewhere Pink Un thought it might be today.

Guess it depends if they have anything finalised yet.

Here''s hoping for exciting news!!!

The way they were going on in the statement after Neil''s sacking and the interviews with the media on Saturday, it sounded like an announcement would be made early in the week, I was even expecting something on Monday, but silly me, this sort of dithering around is nothing new for our board.

I also thought I read they were expecting something today - although i''m sure it would have been confirmed if there was a big press conference

That''s not what the EDP story says Yorkshire, well it isn''t if you read beyond the headline.

It says that it is believed he is helping them with the restructure but isn''t interested in becoming manager.

Considering the restructure has been in process since at least Moxley left (and you would assume earlier as they will have known they were getting rid of him before it was announced), then I doubt they are now suddenly asking Hodgson to be the DoF (which won''t be called a DoF) when he has been advising the process along the way. You''d think if they wanted him in that role he would have been sounded out straight away, considering the personal relationship he has with the owners.

I always presumed any announcement would be towards the end of the week, hence Irvine being given two games in charge. A bit like when Neil took over, announced before the weekend but too late for the new person to be in charge for the game.

I don''t think there''ll be a lot of news to be given this week... new structure might be explained al little further, but finding a manager will take the ncfc board a lot longer than it will other clubs... I just hope it''s someone with pedigree and a box full of experience with Chumps football...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]That''s not what the EDP story says Yorkshire, well it isn''t if you read beyond the headline. [/quote]

That would be a first for some people on here!

Never let the facts get in the way of a good whinge. The club said it would be announced this week, why wasn''t it done at 9AM Monday morning!!!

Re Hodgson...

Is anybody surpised hes not interested in becoming manager?

At 70, why would you want such an intensive full-time job like being a manager?

You would either want an international-team job, or to have a more backseat job & leave it to the younger coaches (Neville?) coming through

What may be holding it up Nuff, and if all the ducks weren''t in a row why announce the announcement.

@vw

Can you make an announcement before you are going to make posts like that please???

Nothing is holding it up. They said last week that it would be announced this week. It''s still this week. It''s this week until the end of Sunday (or Saturday, depending on your religious views). Until then, nothing to see here. Move along please.

I suppose it all depends on whether the announcement is going to be the actual proposed structure itself or the personnel filling the roles within that structure are also going to be announced at the same time.

If the former then I don''t know why there would be any cause for delay. If the latter then presumably they are finalising the details with the individuals involved before announcing anything.

Well the ''old structure'' eventually removed the manager because they felt he was unable to achieve what they hoped he would. Hopefully the ''new structure'' with our superb board and with business battle hardened Delia''s Nephew taking on a more committed and influential role at NCFC, will rapidly push this club ''Onwards and Upwards''.......YEAH!

Exciting times ahead.....Yes soiree! Certainly no complaints from me!

maybe the manager they want doesn''t want to work with a DOF, or the Dof isn''t happy with the potential appointment.We''ll spend the next 3 weeks blundering before appointing Schteve...

[quote user="VW"]Maybe the announcement was about an announcement which will announce something else?[/quote]But don''t we need to announce when the announcement will be about an announcement which will announce something else?

When is an announcement not an announcement?

When it''s an announcement about an announcement of an announcement!