Sign in to follow this  
TheRock

Martin O'Neill

Realistically do you yh ink he would take the job , if he was offered it?

I think he has an outstanding managerial record, and I can''t remember he source (his book I think) he always said one day he would love to return to NCFC.

What are people''s thoughts?

He never would have left in the first place if Chase had given him the money to buy Dean Windass.I expect of course that Big Vince will have a different take on it. [:P]

Yeh it''s the interest that MoN has expressed himself before that make me thinks he is gettable...

I reckon he is happy as ROI manager , but I can''t see that he has anything to prove with them now. They did well at euro 2016 , and with WC2018 so far away , he could be tempted to come here.

Frankly, I''m far more interested and excited about the possibility of some sort of Hodgson/Hudson/Moss triumvirate than I ever would be about MoN.Left the club once after spitting his dummy out over Windass, and isn''t going to have the money to spend that he did at Villa to make them more competitive either.It''s a no from me.

O''Neill has said on a regular basis during the last few years that his wife was in poor health and, when asked about returning to club management, he has always said that couldn''t commit to the day to day activity required from being a club manager. Being the manager of a national side suited his personal circumstances much better.