Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Paul Heckingbottom...

...a name I''ve seen mentioned in passing in connection with our vacant managerial/head coach position. Heckingbottom has done well with Barnsley on a relatively small budget, has them playing attractive football and used to play for Norwich which may make us a more attractive proposition for him.

If we are to have a director of football, it might work quite well to have a young coach like Heckingbottom in place as he may be more amenable to ceding control over transfers to someone else, than an older manager who could be reluctant to relinquish control over such matters.

I''ve mentioned him a few times. Seems a good fit, although not sure how it would fit in with getting a new manager in before the end of the season as Balls mentioned. If we are going to wait til the end of the season he is worth looking at

Jokanovic is another I would look at, although can''t see us getting him away from Fulham

He''s a name I''ve mentioned before- one concern would be the fact that Barnsley''s defensive record is as bad as ours.

On a serious note.

We are not appointing the new manager until after this game which gets me thinking that they might be in for him.

Makes sense in not rushing beforehand and gives them a two window to get things sorted.

We could be watching our new manager/coach tomorrow.

He is certainly making the most of a pretty limited Barnsley side and sussed out the right approach to overcome AN''s City side at their place - although the latter is not a very exclusive club this season.

When Heckingbottom was a Norwich player I asked Worthy about him as I was thinking of recommending him to a club. Worthy told me that Heckingbottom hadn''t settled and wanted to leave to go back to Yorkshire. I thanked him for letting me know and passed a tip to him in return... to sign Dean Ashton.