Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

David Moss CV

Here is a CV for David Moss, copy and pasted .

My main responsibilities are to manage and co-ordinate the scouts to ensure they target players that fit the Celtic recruitment criteria. Identifying the right players for all clubs is not easy but I personally believe it is very difficult recruiting the right players for Celtic for the following reasons;

We do not receive the £80-£100 million Premier League clubs receive each year from SKY/BT in comparison to the approximate £2.5 million Celtic receive. We therefore cannot compete for players playing in the Premier League and even majority of the Championship clubs due to the salaries and transfer fees now demanded. In general we are targeting players valued under £2.5 million.

Although we can only spend approximately £2.5m we are still seeking players who can compete against some of the best teams in Europe in Champions League games and also have the potential to be sold to the Premier League or other top European teams within 1-2 years. We therefore operate in a high-risk market as we cannot afford the ‘ready-made’ players and need to identify young and ‘un-proven’ players. In recent seasons however we have done rather well working to this strategy with Goalkeeper Fraser Forster, Midfielder Victor Wanyama and Striker Gary Hooper selling for £10, £12 and £6 million respectively. All these players were bought for under £2.5m. Central Defender Virgil Van Dyk will also probably be sold for in excess of these figures in the coming weeks.

YOU HAVE HELD A NUMBER OF POSITIONS IN A NUMBER OF CLUBS. HOW HAS THE INFRASTRUCTURE OF CLUBS EVOLVED OVER THE YEARS?

From finishing my playing career at Swansea City I have been fortunate to hold four senior positions within clubs as Academy Director at Swansea City and Crystal Palace, Head of Academy Scouting and Assistant Head of 1st Team Scouting at Celtic Football Club. The infrastructures at each of these clubs has certainly been different which in turn has been very beneficial to my personal development as I have had to change my management and leadership style to suit.