Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Aitor Karanka...

[quote user="Mickdundee"]It''s all about the results if people want entertaining go to the pictures.[/quote]I''m not demanding the right to be entertained, merely expressing a preference for a manager who plays attractive, attacking football. And on balance, if we were top of the league by miles playing attractive football, I think on balance people would be happier than if we were there playing binary football. Karanka is good at what he does, I''ll give him that.

[quote user="Mickdundee"]Granted but you said you''d rather see us lose 4-3

I''d rather watch a dull game and see us win[/quote]Fair comment. Obviously I''d rather we won every game 1-0 than lost every game 4-3, but on balance I''d sacrifice a few points over the course of a season if it meant being better entertained. It was great when we were performing well under Hughton, but as soon as the results stopped coming we were like rabbits in the headlights and it was painful to watch. Admittedly it was painful under Neil too, but he didn''t really seem to have any strong tactical identity other than 4-2-3-1 and hope for the best. A genuinely attack-minded coach would be fantastic for this club in my view.

In an ideal world then yes, and it''ll work in the championship with the right man, but, truthfully this year as it''s our last we could really do without any nonsense appointments just get in a manager who can do the job, Karanka can as he''s proved before

In truth when we''re up the reality is without a pragmatic approach we''ll be down again before we know. Get up stay up build from there ,and we''re not going to do that if we go full keegan and just try to score goals it just doesn''t work for a club with our financial limitations