Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Aitor Karanka...

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Oh dear, anyone we are after will now be applying for the Middlesborough job [/quote]It''s great news.  Pearson will probably go there! [Y]

If we haven''t offered a manager a job I would change for Karanka.

Obviously it depends if we have lined up a top manager.

My Brother-in-law is a Boro supporter. Says that fans hated him, Boro dont score & puts a CM on instead of a forward.

However, we aren''t in the Premier League so cant really judge on how managers perform their (Look at Hughton now..)

What we need is a manager that can get us out of this league - Karanka & Pearson have both done it in the last few years

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]If Karanka is appointed I''ll start spending my Saturday afternoons watching paint dry instead.[/quote]Is it the cricket season already?  [:^)][/quote]Cricket is a technical game Lakey so I''m not surprised you don''t understand it. To be honest, you struggle with a simple game like football. [:D]

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]My Brother-in-law is a Boro supporter. Says that fans hated him, Boro dont score & puts a CM on instead of a forward. However, we aren''t in the Premier League so cant really judge on how managers perform their (Look at Hughton now..) What we need is a manager that can get us out of this league - Karanka & Pearson have both done it in the last few years[/quote]

I remember when they beat us 1-0 at CR, they basically got the goal and did everything to kill the game for the rest of the 90 minutes.  And tactically he was second best for the playoff final.  So I''d be dubious for sure.

That game at Carrow Road was a disgrace. Watching him tell his keeper to go down to waste time, taking an age over every kick or throw, just terrible football.

With regards to that game at Carrow Road, I''m sure away to a direct promotion rival we would also have wanted to win at any cost.

I wish we had tried to do that a few games this season away from home...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]If Karanka is appointed I''ll start spending my Saturday afternoons watching paint dry instead.[/quote]Is it the cricket season already?  [:^)][/quote]Cricket is a technical game Lakey so I''m not surprised you don''t understand it. To be honest, you struggle with a simple game like football. [:D][/quote]Pah? Technical?  Cricket is so dull a sport, with so many matches with no satisfactory result, that the players'' only recourse to ease the boredom is to take part in stupid antics, or getting drunk during tours instead of  being the professionals they are supposed to be. Cricket is almost as dull as watching a Karanka team........

Clearly I''m alone in this but I wouldnt be too opposed to him.

At least has track record of taking Boro up which is our current priority.

True it was awful to be on the receiving end of those tactics against us when they won 1-0. But fair play they knew what they had to do, got a plan and stuck to it...if Alex could do all that he''d still be here!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Highly thought of in the game.

A lot of Boro fans are split on the sacking.

Judging him by one game against us at Carrow road is daft. Middlesbrough played some attractive stuff that season, and last season too.

Could work.[/quote]Not really. They got automatic promotion by scoring just 63 goals in 46 matches - the lowest total for a top-two finish in Championship history. They were - and are - dull as dishwater, and I''d rather lose 4-3 with Ian bloody Holloway in charge than sit through another two years of that.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Highly thought of in the game.

A lot of Boro fans are split on the sacking.

Judging him by one game against us at Carrow road is daft. Middlesbrough played some attractive stuff that season, and last season too.

Could work.[/quote]Not really. They got automatic promotion by scoring just 63 goals in 46 matches - the lowest total for a top-two finish in Championship history. They were - and are - dull as dishwater, and I''d rather lose 4-3 with Ian bloody Holloway in charge than sit through another two years of that.[/quote]

You must have been happy with neil then as we''ve scored loads but been losing

It''s all about the results if people want entertaining go to the pictures. If we''re were top of the league by miles playing binary football nobody would moan