Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

Timm klose

Good.

Get the overpaid apology of a footballer off our payroll.

Turning circle of a ten ton truck.

Made no difference at all to Neill''s defensive issues.

Bye Timm

Has certainly been a bit disappointing this season, not really suited to the rough and tumble of the Championship. IMO we should get as much as we can for him and move on.

What is it about our centre-backs and consistency? Do we ruin them?

Bassong''s first season with us he was absolutely fantastic and then been dross every since - simultaneously the best and worst centreback I''ve ever seen at Norwich.

Turner had a dodgy start but formed a great partnership with Bassong for a while - the only time in recent memory I''ve had complete faith in the defence.

Klose looked great when he first arrived, now seems to have been written off.

What do we do to centre-backs?? Or do they just stop caring/trying?

I doubt Klose would be in talks with Basel or that it would be good news for us as, such talks would mean we''d be selling him at a massive loss. Basel does not seem to sign players for over 3.5 m euros , and for young up-and-coming ones at that. (This season they spent a combined sum of 15 m euros for 8 players).

What Klose says is that he does not see his future clearly, Basel (his first club) has a place in his heart but he has unfinished business in the Prem - which is in keeping with realities as we''re more likely to get the sort of money for what it would be worth selling him for than form Basel.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Has certainly been a bit disappointing this season, not really suited to the rough and tumble of the Championship. IMO we should get as much as we can for him and move on.[/quote]I think that will be the sentiment of many (if not most) City supporters, sums it up exactly.

I know he got injured at the end of last year, and who knows we may have stayed up without that. That''s in the past now.

I think it''s reasonable of any relegated club to expect the players, who want out following relegation, to stay for the following year, and see if they can get promoted. With that in mind i think Timm has done that, and for that i applaud him.

Whilst his performances haven''t been up to the standard of last year, i do think he is capable of being the best defender at this club, so on that basis i would prefer to see him stay, but understand his comments, and wanting to ''better'' himself.

I wish him luck if he does move on.

Was chatting to An ex player yesterday at the barbers , he said he was really surprised how poor Klose had been this year, and we came to the same conclusion , that it was after he was beaten up by Ricky Lambert ,, never the same player again .

We would get a better defender from League one or the champs imo, and for less than half we paid for him .

Not a Bassong fan, but I don''t think he would have done any worse than Klose this season, and most likely better against physical players.

I am always amazed how fans have a short memory. When Klose joined us he transformed the defence and at one stage was so respected by others was touted for player of season in Premier League. Unfortunately he got injured for run in effectively ending our chances of survival.

I suspect the 14m bid turned down by us , probably turned his head as he is clear that doesnt want to be playing at Champs level. Very very bad management decision by AN , never good idea to keep players who want to move on.

Wasn''t it West Brom and £12m?

I can''t see anyone in Europe who''d want him (i.e. Basel or a lower Bundesliga team) being able or willing to spend more than £6m, which is what we''d surely be wanting for someone with more than a year left on his contract.

I don''t think he''s as bad as people make out, seems to struggle against physical, hard working strikers, and had a couple of stinkers at Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday, but when he has time on the ball, I think he''s a good passer and reader of the game.

Quite simply, Klose is a more culture, ball playing defender who is far better suited to the Prem than he is the hustle and bustle of the Champs.He has been poor at times this season (which of our defenders hasn''t?), but he''s still a clear cut above ANY of the other CB''s we have on the books, but sadly he''s never likely to be at his best at this level, and unless we somehow manage a miracle to get up via the play-offs, a move away would probably be best for both parties.If AN hadn''t done such a pi$$ poor job last season and kept us up, I expect we would have seen even more from Klose this year (in the prem) than we have at this level.A real shame IMHO, as he''s a damn good defender in a decent backline and well organised team...

We should have sold him the moment we got relegated instead of preventing him from leaving. Utter madness to turn down a good bid.

His heart hasn''t been in it this season and he has lacked the strength and decisiveness he showed in the Premier League. Shipping him back to Basel or another PL club would be good business for us, though he is unlikely to be a first choice PL centre back unless one of the teams going up want him. He could be a Hughton type player I guess.

[quote user="king canary"]@len

If we''d have sold him in the summer you''d have been meaning about a lack of ambition.[/quote]I would have been happy if we sold half the squad. Proper ambition would have been building a younger squad instead of patching up what we had.

Good to seen the rebuilding gathers momentum.

Sad he didn''t live up to our hopes and says it all about our problems that in spite of all his failings he has still been the least worst centre back.

It does also highlight the terrible recruitment under Neil. Klose was seen as one of his big hits but really we only got about 10 really good games out of him.

In an ideal world he would be getting a move back to the prem either with us or through a transfer because he has proved he''s one of our top players on the pitch. Comes across a nice guy but obviously not the determined winner attitude we currently need, and boy do we need some winners.

I think it says alot about modern football that you dont have to perform well to get a move back to the top division, just have a perceived pedigree. On the up side at least we should get a decent transfer fee.

He has to tackle and head the ball in the Championship and I don''t think he is that good at either, from the limited games I have seen.

Some defenders just shuffle across into spaces and look like they are defending.

He is suited to a different style. Very much akin to the boring stuff I watched Wednesday and Thursday. I think I could have defended against Man City and ManU.

All they did was play balls in front of the defence, pundits telling us " to draw players out of position", Passing for the sake of it at times, so much that even the pass master Guardiola thought ManCity overdid it. No wonder Monaco beat them. They played it more direct.

Thoroughly entertained by the Leicester match, a game of two styles and one team willing to take a risk.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Quite simply, Klose is a more culture, ball playing defender who is far better suited to the Prem than he is the hustle and bustle of the Champs.He has been poor at times this season (which of our defenders hasn''t?), but he''s still a clear cut above ANY of the other CB''s we have on the books, but sadly he''s never likely to be at his best at this level, and unless we somehow manage a miracle to get up via the play-offs, a move away would probably be best for both parties.If AN hadn''t done such a pi$$ poor job last season and kept us up, I expect we would have seen even more from Klose this year (in the prem) than we have at this level.A real shame IMHO, as he''s a damn good defender in a decent backline and well organised team...[/quote]

Spot on, Indy Bones 👍

Funny how in England he is considered a ''cultured ball playing centre back'' while in Germany he was considered a stopper who can''t pass. Wolfsburg replaced him with Dante as they felt he wasn''t good enough with his distribution.

I won''t cry a river to see him leave, he''s been angling for a move all season.