Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Press Conference?

Is there a pre match press conference today as it''s normally done around lunchtime and no mention of it on Pink Un front page.

Maybe it''s a bit later to incorporate the big announcement that''s supposed to happen this week?

it is going ahead, but doesnt seem to be any more than the usual friday pre match entertainment.

We must assume the week starts on a Monday and so we still have Saturday and Sunday for the announcements. If Russell Martin thinks it is exciting, it sounds like the structure is known but the individuals are not yet signed up.

If Norwich were confident of announcing within a week then I imagine the individuals are already onboard. That would also fit more into Martin being ''excited'' - hard to get excited about a job title over an actual person coming in.

I suspect it is more about getting everyone in the right place at the right time and working out how to present it to the media more than anything.

Looks like announcements could be next week now

Rob Butler‏V @BobRutler 8 minutes ago

Alan Irvine says he''s been told one more game and then expects more news next week. He said it would be "fabulous" if he''s asked to carry on

Rob Butler‏ @BobRutler 14 minutes ago

Alan Irvine: Nothing has changed. I won''t apply for the job.

Michael Bailey‏ @michaeljbailey 10 minutes ago

Alan Irvine says it''s not yet clear who will be taking ncfc training next week. He''ll happily do it if asked. Expects Sat to be last game.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]We must assume the week starts on a Monday and so we still have Saturday and Sunday for the announcements. If Russell Martin thinks it is exciting, it sounds like the structure is known but the individuals are not yet signed up.[/quote]In one sense the overall timing fits in ok ie we now have a fortnight''s breakI''m not so sure as whether making any announcement this close to the game will help, as it will be competing with previews, comments after the game etcPut it out next week so as to allow plenty of time for it all to be digested before we are back at CR. Though if the restructuring is as big as suggested could it really have been drafted up and agreed in such a short time ?  Will it be a massive overhaul or just a re-arranging of the deckchaors.We have a new CEO, a new manager and a new u23''s coach to fit in. Could McNally return, I believe he is still living locally. If so it might help to hve a strong hand at the .... non football side of things, with a DOF cordinating the the football side.  For those of a knowledge of WW2 will know Eisenhower was chosen as overall commander in 1944 for his ability to co-ordinate things and keep such brilliant but differing types as Montgomery and Patton ''in line''.Whatever it is and however it turns out, at the moment I''m just glad that the club has seen fit to make the needed changes. Maybe we are back to the summer of 2009 where most of what was needed was in place but we were just drifting... mostly through too much good will. Ambling along like Private Godfrey.However ... no player, coach, manager or even CEO should be brought back through sentiment. That can happen at ''re-unions'' etc. The club turned over £100m plus the season previous. We need the staff and structure up to that.Let''s see what the next week or so brings.

The ''restructure'' has been going on since Moxley left and the club confirmed they would be seeking a different approach. You would assume the work began before that as Moxley was kept on until the end of the transfer window to get the last deals done.

The manager search is almost entirely separate from the restructure - I don''t think the board expected to have a new manager search on top of the restructure.

In my opinion, Norwich have appointed the new sporting director and there is the natural delay in someone starting new work, whether due to relocation stuff or negotiating compensation etc. The club will know that any announcement has to be done correctly as the point of a sporting director is they aren''t in the firing line of public criticism and can get on with their work quietly in the background.

I assume that the Board will meet this afternoon, in a similar timescale to last Friday when they decided to sack AN after he had completed his press conference. Can we expect an exciting announcement to follow later today?. Am bored of waiting around, keep checking for updates and news, but the impending new manager appointment feels like another disappointing transfer deadline day to me.

I agree next week might be better City 1st but Ed Balls did clearly say there would be an announcement this week so fans will be expecting it by Sunday.

Whenever and whatever they decide lets hope they get it right this time so our wonderful club can move onwards and upwards

djc the board meetings are monthly so I wouldn''t put to much thought into there being a meeting today: