I was not surprised by the outcome on Saturday, I have to say. Every season Worthy tries the diamond formation for a bit. And every year the result is the same: we look defensively pretty sound with that extra man just in front of them, but we create far fewer chances. Remember successive 0-0 draws from previous seasons with the diamond. It just doesn''t produce results.

Hopefully we can get back to 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3/4-5-1, but not this 4-3-1-2 business please.

Now.. before you shoot me down.. I LIKE THIS FORMATION.. IF USED THE CORRECT WAY.
1. BOTH FULLBACKS PUSHING FORWARD AND GETTING CROSSES IN..
RESULT. JURGEN COULD.. DRURY CANNOT

2. HOLDING PLAYER IN FRONT OF THE DEFENCE. TACKLES WELL, KEEPS THE BALL KEEPS BALL MOVING FORWARD
RESULT. SAFRI PERFECT FOR THAT JOB

3. PLAYER JUST BEHIND THE STRIKERS DROPS DEEP/LINKS UP WITH EVERY FREE PLAYER, SUPPLYS THE AMUNITION
RESULT. MCVEIGH PERFECT

4. MIDFIELD NEEDS TO KNOW WHEN TO GET WIDE OR TO PUSH IN AND HELP OUT
RESULT.. NOT POSSILBLE

5.STRIKERS NEED A TARGET MAN TO WIN AND HOLD THE BALL UP BRINGING OTHERS INTO THE GAME AND ONE QUICK STRIKER TO FEED OFF THIS
RESULT ASHTON AND HUCKS PERFECT

TEAM SHEET GK. GREEN

RB COLIN CB DOHERTY CB DAVENPORT LB BRENNAN

CM SAFRI

RM MARNEY LM HUGHES

CM MCVEIGH

ST ASHTON ST HUCKS

Except Zema, Brennan on Saturday, failed to cross the ball at anytime, other than 2 corners which were pretty awful, constantly cutting inside and then passing to Hughes running up the middle. Also will this formation stop them passing to each other for 10 or 20 passes, keeping the ball, then finally passing to Green who hoofs it upfield to be collected by a 6ft 5" Reading defender?