Sign in to follow this  
Angry man

Bored

Is anyone else getting bored of the whole ''clubs new structure '', and ''who will be our new manager'' waiting game??.

I genuinely couldn''t give a rats behind anymore, we all know we are just preparing to be underwhelmed as normal!!!.

Just give it to someone and let''s move on

That''s the spirit 🙄,

you only have to look at what we''re like in a transfer window to know how long it takes us to do anything.

I''d rather we take our time and get it right and not just appoint any old geezer just to stop the fans from moaning.

[quote user="Herman"]I''d rather we take our time and get it right and not just appoint any old geezer just to stop the fans from moaning. [/quote]

The taking our time tactic has served so well over recent years

check! I''m fed up with the bla bla bla about it and want to see some action being taken or at least some feedback to the fans. I was interested at first, when we were linked to Pardew etc...and supposedly there was going to be some concrete information (in hindsight all journalist drivel...)

Who thinks the "change" will effectively be for the better? It''s hard to say , but I''m not very confident. I like the fact that Moss is being linked...

Spot on Rob, it''s the usual club treating the fans like mushrooms.

Where there''s a lack of information people just fill in the gaps.

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]We always take our time in everything and still manage to get it wrong.

So whats the difference. 🤔[/quote]

You''ve got a point there...

The current board could not restructure their way out of a paper bag. They are taking so long because they are in a darkened room with whiteboards brainstorming what to do. Get the chuckle brothers in they may provide a bit more direction

1) The "taking our time worked well in the past didn''t it?" argument - you have no way of knowing what would have happened if we''d done things overnight. Derby and Forest''s recent history would suggest knee-jerk changes aren''t generally successful. We have over-performed relative to our income as a club, so I would argue, yes, it did work well actually.

2) Once it''s over, what have you got to look forward to? A few meaningless fixtures before the transfer window. This is a time of fascinating and crucial debate about how the club is run for the long-term, and a chance to consider whether we want big beasts (for our position at least) in sole charge, or what would appear to be a more forward-thinking and modern structure with an up and coming coach working with other people who bring different skills. I''d never heard of Anthony Hudson before this week, but will watch his career with more interest even if he doesn''t come here, in a similar way to Paul Clement who was mentioned as a possibility before we appointed Adams.

Bored? No, I''m enjoying the debate.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]1) The "taking our time worked well in the past didn''t it?" argument - you have no way of knowing what would have happened if we''d done things overnight. Derby and Forest''s recent history would suggest knee-jerk changes aren''t generally successful. We have over-performed relative to our income as a club, so I would argue, yes, it did work well actually.

2) Once it''s over, what have you got to look forward to? A few meaningless fixtures before the transfer window. This is a time of fascinating and crucial debate about how the club is run for the long-term, and a chance to consider whether we want big beasts (for our position at least) in sole charge, or what would appear to be a more forward-thinking and modern structure with an up and coming coach working with other people who bring different skills. I''d never heard of Anthony Hudson before this week, but will watch his career with more interest even if he doesn''t come here, in a similar way to Paul Clement who was mentioned as a possibility before we appointed Adams.

Bored? No, I''m enjoying the debate.[/quote]

Agree with that. That is what this site is for. We have no control over the club or its actions.

Of course we all wait apprehensively to see if the one we prefer is appointed or the club does actually mean what it says and restructures, but I''m happy to speculate all day ( or at least until I need glasses)

[quote user="Nuff Said"]1) The "taking our time worked well in the past didn''t it?" argument - you have no way of knowing what would have happened if we''d done things overnight. Derby and Forest''s recent history would suggest knee-jerk changes aren''t generally successful. We have over-performed relative to our income as a club, so I would argue, yes, it did work well actually.

Bored? No, I''m enjoying the debate.[/quote]

Last time the club made big changes rather hastily we got out of league one and the championship quite quickly. This scouring Europe nonesense that we get fed and then end up with a radio presenter is a good example of a club taking their time and running out of options

We could trade examples that back up our own viewpoint all day. However, there is a general shift towards a DoF/Sporting Director/whatever plus head coach structure in the game, and we seem to be thinking carefully about how we implement our own version. For me, that''s a good thing when the alternative is simply picking whoever is available this week as manager. If Irvine stayed in place till the end of the season it wouldn''t particularly upset me, as long as the new team get a chance to evaluate the current squad before beginning rebuilding.

[quote user="Herman"]I''d rather we take our time and get it right and not just appoint any old geezer just to stop the fans from moaning. [/quote]There''s the rub.We could appoint a triple World Cup winner who turns out to be a pile of poo.In 99% of cases appointing what turns out to be a good manager is pure luck.

But do you increase the chance of being "lucky" by careful research and possibly waiting for a candidate who is not immediately available? I would think so.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Herman"]I''d rather we take our time and get it right and not just appoint any old geezer just to stop the fans from moaning. [/quote]There''s the rub.We could appoint a triple World Cup winner who turns out to be a pile of poo.In 99% of cases appointing what turns out to be a good manager is pure luck.[/quote]In which case, adopting a structure which reduces one''s exposure to ill-luck makes excellent sense. It''s a mark of the out-datedness of British football that moving to a DoF/team coach structure is actually a talking point.

We should not knock the BOD, no other club could appoint a Prancing Dancing Chairman or a Greyfriars nephew of the Cook to change our fortunes.

Just think if we had an owner with millions to spare we would be like Bournemouth ( over the past 30 years only being in the 3rd Div team ) and playing Premiership football instead of being beaten by Rotherham and Burtons Biscuits team

[quote user="daly"]We should not knock the BOD, no other club could appoint a Prancing Dancing Chairman or a Greyfriars nephew of the Cook to change our fortunes.

Just think if we had an owner with millions to spare we would be like Bournemouth ( over the past 30 years only being in the 3rd Div team ) and playing Premiership football instead of being beaten by Rotherham and Burtons Biscuits team[/quote]Did you realise before you hit Post that we can quote plenty of examples of clubs with rich owners who are been in the Championship for years despite spending much more than we have, or did you just not care in your haste to post your "amusing" descriptions of Ed Balls and Tom Smith?

The club is a business with millions of pounds in assets, both structural and personnel related.

Businesses do not conduct all their dealings in the public domain.

We are fans, which equates most closely in business terms to paying customers.

As customers we don''t get to know about internal company meetings and decisions until there is something to be announced.

Why as fans do we expect anything different?

Something will be announced this week said ''Ed Astaire''......

I being just a paying public customer felt very privileged that the Chairman/spokesperson of said business with millions of pounds in assets, both structural and personnel related (that is NCFC) put out into the public domain & allowed me to be privy that this week that there will be a forthcoming announcement......concerning restructuring......

Maybe the Chairman ''Ed Astaire'' has suddenly been struck down with severe laryngitis?......As Diana Ross sang #"And I''m still waiting"#.........and as a fan of NCFC......I don''t expect anything different.......

Something will be announced this week said ''Ed Astaire''......

I being just a paying public customer felt very privileged that the Chairman/spokesperson of said business with millions of pounds in assets, both structural and personnel related (that is NCFC) put out into the public domain & allowed me to be privy that this week that there will be a forthcoming announcement......concerning restructuring......

Maybe the Chairman ''Ed Astaire'' has suddenly been struck down with severe laryngitis?......As Diana Ross sang #"And I''m still waiting"#.........and as a fan of NCFC......I don''t expect anything different.......

Ahaha! The magical powers of throat lozenges and a statement (of sorts) is released! ''HUZZAH!''