Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Next weeks restructuring announcements...

Totally agree with this, they are my team, and whilst i want them to be as successful as possible, that''s not always achievable, but i will ALWAYS support my team.

OTBC.

[quote user="hogesar"]They won''t be waiting for the structure to be announced before searching for a manager or at least they shouldn''t be as they should already know what the structure is going to be regardless of if they know the personnel involved.

I''d like to think even with Ed being very much part time seemingly , we would be capable of basic multi tasking as a board of directors.[/quote]perhaps I disn''t phrase as I meantmy point was much on your lines rather than waiting until every nut and bolt are in place BEFORE any search beginsI would also expect that there is an omgoing list of possibles in case the present incumbent falls under the proverbial bus

There are lots on here who endlessly whine, but there are also moderate and reasonable posters who still have concerns about the way the club is being run. I''d still be at Carrow Road if we were in League Two and managed by Martin Allen, but that doesn''t mean that I can''t have (or voice) reservations. It''s not as black and white as ''just shut up and support the club'', just as it isn''t as black and white as ''everything is sh*t and the sky is falling'', like some on here seem to make out.

it was not a ''shut up and be grateful'' demandmore a case of whhat is done is doneI cannot imagine that there is anyone from the chairman to the char lady who isn''t aware that things haven''t been right off the field as much as they haven''t been right on the field - and my anger is that some imagine that unless you are not rending your shirt and beating your chest you are perfectly happy with every single part of the clubyou know when it''s not going well because pub talk before and after the game is speculating about why it''s wrong rather than the good bits of the game and, what we can achieve etcso the rallying call was more a case of we''ve been here before, the club is talking about a fresh start so let''s give them the benefit of the doubt, not blind devotion or acceptance of anything, but simply as said this is when the club needs us

[quote user="Flashman"]There are lots on here who endlessly whine, but there are also moderate and reasonable posters who still have concerns about the way the club is being run. I''d still be at Carrow Road if we were in League Two and managed by Martin Allen, but that doesn''t mean that I can''t have (or voice) reservations. It''s not as black and white as ''just shut up and support the club'', just as it isn''t as black and white as ''everything is sh*t and the sky is falling'', like some on here seem to make out.

it was not a ''shut up and be grateful'' demandmore a case of whhat is done is doneI cannot imagine that there is anyone from the chairman to the char lady who isn''t aware that things haven''t been right off the field as much as they haven''t been right on the field - and my anger is that some imagine that unless you are not rending your shirt and beating your chest you are perfectly happy with every single part of the clubyou know when it''s not going well because pub talk before and after the game is speculating about why it''s wrong rather than the good bits of the game and, what we can achieve etcso the rallying call was more a case of we''ve been here before, the club is talking about a fresh start so let''s give them the benefit of the doubt, not blind devotion or acceptance of anything, but simply as said this is when the club needs us[/quote]Well you did say "So maybe some on here should shut up, stop endlessly griping and whining and get behind the club", which isn''t a million miles from "shut up and be grateful"... however, I agree with everything in your post above. [Y]The announcement, when it comes, will be judged on its merits, and if it looks like a cop-out or a cock-up then many fans are bound to sound the alarm. If it''s something like Moss and Hudson, that would certainly show an investment in a distinct footballing philosophy, and I''ll be right with you in telling the "we wanted Pardew" brigade to do one.

This threads title will have to be updated next week to ''last weeks restructuring announcements'' if something doesn''t happen soon!!!

Greavsy, I will be on it 😉.

Personally, I''m not fussed if there''s no announcement over these next 3 days, it''ll be soon and that''s good enough for me. The important thing is getting it right - not the timeframe.

More interested in 3 points against Barnsley, and seeing what sort of intensity we play with tomorrow now AI has had a week to work with the players implementing his ideas and tactics. OTBC

There is quite a different feel to the board level team now, and people with high profiles and contacts, if you include the friendship with people like Roy Hodgson. I am hoping that the realisation that the play off final promise is in danger of being squandered will drive them to a more dynamic and innovative approach than the sometimes cautious and narrow attitudes of old.

Quite frankly in my view recent managerial appointments have been good. Lambert a great success, Hughton now showing what he can achieve and had had success before and the combo of Neil and Adams got us promoted. The issue has been a lack of judgement in understanding when to make changes, and acting too late. Neil is the obvious example where it became apparent pretty quickly that he just didn''t have the bank of experience to compete consistently at the level we had go to. I would imagine that that has caused big divisions at the club and why there appears to be discord.

Remember also that they have sanctioned some big moves, and trusted the relevant managers'' judgement. So we can''t complain of lack of investment and in the case of Neil his failure to spend money where it was really needed is a result of too much managerial power and the Board etc respecting his choices.

So I''m not so sure that when it comes, the announcement will be as bland as some folk fear but then maybe I''m just being too optimistic as it is a gorgeous spring day outside.........

I''m not quite positive that time spent will necessary mean getting it right.

I''m sure the restructuring has been discussed since the end of last year when the bad run not only started but continued.

And that restructuring does not affect the choice of personnel to fit into that structure.

After the ''announcement'' of the forthcoming restructuring and said ''announcement'' still hasn''t been announced......Maybe the club are holding back until after Barnsley game and Irvine''s stand in role - then the announcement will be made on the Monday (or possibly beyond then).....

Reason being is, if those at the helm make the announcement today and it''s deemed slightly unpopular amongst the majority of support - who feel underwhelmed with the content of the ''announcement'' and if Barnsley turn us over........Well, it wouldn''t be exactly comfortable for the Board during and after the game......Hence, the ''announcement'' delay?......

Ed Balls clearly stated last Saturday that an announcement would be made in the next week, so the 7 days are up tomorrow so if nothing is announced yet again the Club look silly if no announcement is made before the game tomorrow. Surely it would have been better to actually put no time frame on an "announcement" , what makes it even sillier were Martins post match comment about an announcement too!

If they hadn''t put a timeframe on the announcement then they would have been accused of not keeping fans informed when the announcement was going to be made.I''m sure that when the Chairman said that the announcement would be made in a week that was the intention but something (good or bad, who knows) could''ve happened to delay the announcement. Perhaps they should''ve issued daily bulletins as to when the announcement would be made.

The board made a rod for their own back by stating that there would be announcement next week. By making no announcement, it hints that things haven''t quite gone to plan - otherwise they should of said they would make an announcement when everything was in place.

I don''t like the D.o.F role allegedly being part of the set-up, as the majority of managers want to do things ''their way'' and the club are unnecessarily narrowing their options.

Maybe a rabbit will be pulled out of the hat, but it would be a shame to miss out on a good manager because of a too rigid structure.

I think it is a misconception that just doesn''t ring true anymore that managers don''t want to work with a DoF. Certain the ''old school'' like Redknapp were opposed (although he effectively worked under one at Tottenham) but most young managers accept it as a part of the job.

Pretty much every Premier League club works with that system and an increasing number of Championship clubs use it also.

There are of course different styles of relationship between a DoF and the manager. Lambert is such a fan of the structure he brought in his own when he came to Norwich in the shape of Gary Karsa - which of course meant that Lambert was still the kingpin, but he recognised he needed someone to act in a oversight role as Lambert wouldn''t have time to do that and coaching.

How people expect the manager to take training, read analysis reports on opposition teams, take briefings from physios on player fitness, report back to the board on performances and results, read analysis reports on previous games, read scouting reports, watch youth teams play, speak to the media before every game etc etc single handed while still winning football matches is beyond me.

Looking at the Premier League, Chelsea have a DoF, Tottenham have a DoF, Man City have a DoF, Man U have a DoF, Liverpool have a DoF, Southampton have a DoF, Swansea have a DoF, WBA have a DoF (need I continue).

Yeah everyone was absolutely panicking......I can now rest easy at the game today followed by the pub an'' a club.....Phew!

Irvine will probably be made permanent manager and we won''t have to panic after that announcement......Phew again!

Aaah it''s great not having to panic.....