Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Next weeks restructuring announcements...

This could be any one of a million different things.

Would not surprise me if it was Delia & Michael stepping down from the board at the end of the season.

However, when Russell Martin said ''fans will like what they are going to hear'' it suggests that players know what is going to happen. I''m not too sure that they would be made aware if any significant board changes in advance? Even if they were, not too sure they would refer to it in public.

What''s McNally up to these days anyway?

I wonder if the ''restructuring'' will be ''robust''?

I eagerly await with excitement for the impending ''restructuring'' announcement.....''Onwards and Upwards!''.....

It could go one of two ways, in my opinion.1) Delia and Michael put a structure in place that brings some quality new football expertise onto the board and coaching staff, allowing them to steadily reduce their day-to-day involvement in the running of the club and step back into ''life president'' roles or similar.2) The departures of Bowkett, McNally and Moxey were all due to a dissatisfaction with the way Delia, Michael, Tom and Ed planned to move the club ''forward''. Now there is no experienced head on the board to dissuade them, they will go into full-on parochial mode and appoint an inexperienced manager and/or a former player as DOF for the sentimentality vote, to fulfil their ''small, local, self-sufficient family club'' dream.

yorkie wrote the following post at 14/03/2017 12:10 PM:

Do you think the BOD have noticed that Rowett and Warburton have been snapped up ?

Do you think they have been ''snapped up'' though, we have only missed out if we were genuinely interested, I''m not sure we were, other than press speculation.

From now on all events at Carrow Rd. will be categorised under the new restructuring phraseology.Team changes will now be called ''pre-game restructuring''Substitutions will be ''in-game restructuring''Ticket purchases will be ''customer finance restructuring''Season Ticket purchases will be ''major customer finance restructuring''A half time pint will be ''urinary system restructuring''The club song will be restructured to include the line ''Steady on, now you''re restructuring''Change of kit each season will be ''high performance fabric restructuring''Goals will be ''outcome restructuring''.

Nearly the end of Tuesday and still no sign of white smoke from Carra Rudd tower. When is this restructure going to be announced buh?

[quote user="shefcanary"]Nearly the end of Tuesday and still no sign of white smoke from Carra Rudd tower. When is this restructure going to be announced buh?[/quote]My money''s on Thursday, can''t imagine they''d want another pre-match presser overshadowed by news from the boardroom.

I''ve had a few days away in Lincoln enjoying the sunshine with very limited wifi so thought I would have missed all the announcements but seems not.

Think the club said this week so guess we haven''t got long to wait now.

Guess once all the new appointments/changes have been made they will search for a new manager or coach.

My first choice Rowett has gone

Diane wrote the following post at 16/03/2017 3:57 PM:

I''ve had a few days away in Lincoln enjoying the sunshine with very limited wifi so thought I would have missed all the announcements but seems not.

Maybe they are waiting for your return, Diane.

Perhaps they have a role in the new structure for you! What do you fancy?

Ha Ha Greavsy, they did ask me to be the tea lady for their board meetings but that nasty Mr Moxey didn''t like me much so that plan was shelved

Hopefully we''ll hear some news tomorrow to cheer us all up, just catching up and caught Russ''s interview which seemed to hint the changes would be something that fans would like though haven''t a clue what that could mean unless a legend is to be involved in the new set up?

[Diane wrote the following post at 16/03/2017 6:08 PM:

Ha Ha Greavsy, they did ask me to be the tea lady for their board meetings

No shortage of people on here to stir..........The tea!!

I''ve got a funny feeling that nothing''s going to be announced until after Saturday''s match. Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth...

You may be right Feedthewolf though Im sure Archant will be asking at their Friday press conference if we don''t hear tonight or in the morning

I don''t doubt it, Diane! Could make for an interesting presser...

Questions will be to Irvine though, will be stock reply though, along the lines, not involved in those, you''ll have to ask the board ettc etc

The board know Archant aren''t scared to rock the boat now McNally''s gone, and if there''s no announcement (or announcement about the announcement!) then they know that Saturday''s Evening News/EDP won''t make pretty reading...would imagine that even if they''re not ready to announce the new structure yet, they''ll have to say something to acknowledge that they''ve blown their timescale.

Fair point ftw, but that''s all it will be, confirmation that they are out of their original timescales, however these things take time to complete, get the right person blah blah blah

We as the fans will still be none the wiser, but as long as that means they are taking their time to ensure the right person/structure, I''m happy with that.

I agree, Greavsy, the most important thing is getting the right structure and the right people.But the board really don''t help themselves retain the goodwill of the fans when they make definitive statements such as "there will be an announcement next week about the new structure" and then leave it until the pre-match presser again (or even later!), thus deflecting attention from the important business of winning Saturday''s match. If they don''t make the announcement before the match, it''s a completely avoidable PR disaster for the club.

Agree 100% ftw, could of been handled a little better, with the announcement of timeframes etc

Always seems longer when you''re waiting for something to happen, doesn''t it?

[quote user="lake district canary"]If there isn''t going to be an annoucement, the least they should do is make an announcemet that there isn''t going to be an announcement! [/quote]Or not make an announcement in the first place announcing that there is going to be an announcement, thus negating the need to make an announcement to announce that there isn''t going to be an announcement... [:)]

[quote user="Diane"]I''ve had a few days away in Lincoln enjoying the sunshine with very limited wifi so thought I would have missed all the announcements but seems not.

Guess once all the new appointments/changes have been made they will search for a new manager or coach.

My first choice Rowett has gone[/quote]Much my thoughtsWith the new manager/coach fitting into place rather than the rest fitting around him (or even her ?)Despite all the grief there has been a very long term view taken by the club both on and off the pitch. The youth set up and it''s achievements are some to be proud of. We have not seen the like since the heady days of those who came through the set up we had in the west country over two decades ago.That''s what makes me think that it won''t be anyone ''of the usual suspects'' who are doing the rounds. The club will be looking at a structure that is not based round one ''key man'' but can be kept going when one component needs to be replaced (for whatever reason). A foreign coach has been suggested. Why not, if he is the best candidate then he will be the one we want.Personally I don''t see Delia as some kind of ogre out to ruin the club by clinging on to her toy. In fact there are probably very few like her and Wyn at our club level. It maybe because there has been relative stability that some are over exciting themselves when everything doesn''t go exactly to orderSo maybe some on here should shut up, stop endlessly griping and whining and get behind the club. There''s plenty of old hands who will tell you of far, far worse times. Some might even remember when the ground didn''t have a roof on three sides. And it was not s so much our plight at the time but that there didn''t seem a way out of it. So why not take a bit of the rough with the smooth. If you were a City supporter at Wembley in May 2015 then you need to be one now. And whoever is eventually sat in the dugout you remember.We are City supporters (the clue is in the name)

They won''t be waiting for the structure to be announced before searching for a manager or at least they shouldn''t be as they should already know what the structure is going to be regardless of if they know the personnel involved.

I''d like to think even with Ed being very much part time seemingly , we would be capable of basic multi tasking as a board of directors.

[quote user="Flashman"][quote user="Diane"]I''ve had a few days away in Lincoln enjoying the sunshine with very limited wifi so thought I would have missed all the announcements but seems not.

My first choice Rowett has gone[/quote]Much my thoughtsWith the new manager/coach fitting into place rather than the rest fitting around him (or even her ?)Despite all the grief there has been a very long term view taken by the club both on and off the pitch. The youth set up and it''s achievements are some to be proud of. We have not seen the like since the heady days of those who came through the set up we had in the west country over two decades ago.That''s what makes me think that it won''t be anyone ''of the usual suspects'' who are doing the rounds. The club will be looking at a structure that is not based round one ''key man'' but can be kept going when one component needs to be replaced (for whatever reason). A foreign coach has been suggested. Why not, if he is the best candidate then he will be the one we want.Personally I don''t see Delia as some kind of ogre out to ruin the club by clinging on to her toy. In fact there are probably very few like her and Wyn at our club level. It maybe because there has been relative stability that some are over exciting themselves when everything doesn''t go exactly to orderSo maybe some on here should shut up, stop endlessly griping and whining and get behind the club. There''s plenty of old hands who will tell you of far, far worse times. Some might even remember when the ground didn''t have a roof on three sides. And it was not s so much our plight at the time but that there didn''t seem a way out of it. So why not take a bit of the rough with the smooth. If you were a City supporter at Wembley in May 2015 then you need to be one now. And whoever is eventually sat in the dugout you remember.We are City supporters (the clue is in the name)[/quote]I hope that you''re right about that. Something like the model that Swansea and Southampton have put in place would be greatly encouraging.Again, I hope you''re right. But this club has never had a foreign manager (if you don''t count O''Neill from the RoI), and I don''t think Delia and Michael are progressive enough to appoint one. Would love to be proven wrong.There are lots on here who endlessly whine, but there are also moderate and reasonable posters who still have concerns about the way the club is being run. I''d still be at Carrow Road if we were in League Two and managed by Martin Allen, but that doesn''t mean that I can''t have (or voice) reservations. It''s not as black and white as ''just shut up and support the club'', just as it isn''t as black and white as ''everything is sh*t and the sky is falling'', like some on here seem to make out.

"There are lots on here who endlessly whine, but there are also moderate and reasonable posters who still have concerns about the way the club is being run. I''d still be at Carrow Road if we were in League Two and managed by Martin Allen, but that doesn''t mean that I can''t have (or voice) reservations. It''s not as black and white as ''just shut up and support the club'', just as it isn''t as black and white as ''everything is sh*t and the sky is falling'', like some on here seem to make out."

👍