Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

It's Hodgson

[quote user="Mickdundee"][quote user="JF"]iron_stan wrote the following post at 10/03/2017 7:27 PM:

bristolcanary wrote:

We don''t want an international class manager at little old nodge do we?

just because he had the job doesnt make him "international class"

he was FAR from class

The curse of managing England. I can''t name a single manager that has been a real success in the job. And many bigger names in the game than Hodgson have failed in the role.[/quote]

Nobody was as bad as his England at the last two tournaments

He was genuinely embarrassing[/quote]But he won''t be a Tournament Manager. Norwich is the right size club for him Rowett''s on gardening leave so you''d have to stump up big cash to get him. 

After re-reading the statement, a Director of Football is inevitable and it''s bound to be Woy. I wouldn''t mind that to be fair. He''s got a huge contacts book and clearly is a decent coach with his CV. My objection is to him as a manager, as his tactics are so bloody awful. If he''s coming in as Director of Football with somebody else taking charge of tactics etc on a matchday (either as ''manager'' or ''first team coach'' then I''d support that.

Liverpool was club football and he was useless there

He''s even more rigid in tactics than Alex neil was, is it too much to try and get in a half decent proactive manager instead of an old fart like woy. It''d be one extreme to the other, one manager straight fro nursery one ready for the scrap heap.

Can''t see any experienced manager working with Roy.

It could be seen as coming up with a new structure to accommodate a friend.

I''ve no problem with Hodgson at all, too many people are clouded by what happened with England but that is a lot different to club football. That said, I don''t think it''ll be him, at least not as manager and if it is him as Director of Football we could do a heck of a lot worse.

Definitely a step backwards.1. He''s too old, we need someone younger, he''s of a bygone age2. His last job wasn''t a great success - his tactics were gash, his touch line involvement was zero, he''s worse than AN at making positive substitutions and he couldn''t see Iceland''s long throw tactic coming even though they had used it 3 days earlier3. He doesn''t inspire or motivate and he never packs a hairdryerWhat we don''t want is yet another clueless "freind of the Club", they tend not to work.This would not be the massive step forward we need nor the kick up the jacksy the players deserveI shudder to think

FCC wrote the following post at 2017-03-12 4:50 PM:

Can''t see any experienced manager working with Roy.

It could be seen as coming up with a new structure to accommodate a friend.

Depends what you mean on experienced! Gary Neville will, and is he inexperienced?!

Remember it was Hodgson who suggested we get McNally as CEO, ie the man who headhunted Hughton and Neil, and oversaw the implosion of the club.Do we want the same man overseeing our football operations or managing the team? I''d say no.

[quote user="Len"]Remember it was Hodgson who suggested we get McNally as CEO, ie the man who headhunted Hughton and Neil, and oversaw the implosion of the club.Do we want the same man overseeing our football operations or managing the team? I''d say no.[/quote]

Yeah, not to mention Paul Lambert and some of the best times I can remember in our history 👍

That would be the same McNally who headhunted Lambert and oversaw our most successful spell in nigh-on 20 years? As for Hughton, he was regarded as the best option by many/most at the time. It went iffy as these things often do, but you can''t just dismiss the good stuff.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Len"]Remember it was Hodgson who suggested we get McNally as CEO, ie the man who headhunted Hughton and Neil, and oversaw the implosion of the club.Do we want the same man overseeing our football operations or managing the team? I''d say no.

[/quote]

Yeah, not to mention Paul Lambert and some of the best times I can remember in our history 👍[/quote]

[:D]

I was arguing for the board to go after Lambert before he went to Wolves, but was shouted down by several happy clappers (eg Herman!) who were vociferous in wanting Neil to remain in charge.One good appointment by McNally doesn''t excuse the terrible decisions he made after Lambert left. This mirrors Neil who delivered a Wembley victory and then proceeded to ruin his own legacy!

Yeah, that Wembley victory under AN is a bit of an irritation Len.

Hughton doing very well at Brighton, could quite easily have been a disaster there and a success here - that''s the gamble you take when you appoint a manager you hope will be a great fit.

I think the board should get you to appoint the next manager - guaranteed success by the sounds of it 👍

It''s not all about which manager is appointed. Questions need to be asked about how we''ve spent so much, achieved so little and have come to have a stale squad containing so many players we can''t get rid of. McNally was CEO for much of the time in question.

Hodgson wouldn''t be the worst option by a long shot. We''ve never had anyone here with a CV as impressive as his. Age is against him - 70 in August - so it wouldn''t be a long term thing and would fly in the face of all the '' long term vision '' stuff the current owners keep banging on about. Bit too cosy with Delia & MWJ too.Please God don''t let it be Pardew. Five minute wonder if ever there was one and we''d be spending half next year''s parachute payments on builders so he could get his head through the door.

I reckon/*think* Pardew would get us promoted next season, which I guess would be the important thing. Not so sure what''d happen after that though, but as someone else said we could worry about that at the time...

Of the clubs occupying the upper echelons of the Championship currently, only two are from England. Would the board consider a manager from abroad perhaps?

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]I hope some of you took the long odds. In at 5/2 now so you won''t make much if you delayed.[/quote]Means nothing, it would need to go to something like 1/5 or 1/10 if he was the man.5/2 suggests nobody actually knows and it''s just rumors and guesses

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]I hope some of you took the long odds. In at 5/2 now so you won''t make much if you delayed.[/quote]On at 4''s with Bet Victor.Best lump a couple of hundred on anyone else then clean up when Roy''s odds drift off into the sunset.....[;)]