Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

It's Hodgson

They can''t win whatever they do, there will be constant moaning on here no matter who they appoint. Hodgson as dof maybe wouldnt be bad if they are going down that route

old man who couldnt get a decent tune out of englands bestold man who couldnt get a tune out of livepools millions

fck no

I actually think he would be quite a success here. My only real issue is his close relationship with the owners. But without that relationship we wouldn''t be able to tempt him here in the first place. A manager that has been at some of the top clubs in Europe, taken a team of similar stature to us to the europa league final, and managed internationally. If that cv was offered to everyone on here without knowing the name, everyone would have him

Always done well at similarly sized clubs.

If anyone thinks we''re going to be getting better than him it''s probably time for a reality check.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]We don''t want an international class manager at little old nodge do we?[/quote]just because he had the job doesnt make him "international class"

he was FAR from class

[quote user="JF"]I actually think he would be quite a success here. My only real issue is his close relationship with the owners. But without that relationship we wouldn''t be able to tempt him here in the first place. A manager that has been at some of the top clubs in Europe, taken a team of similar stature to us to the europa league final, and managed internationally. If that cv was offered to everyone on here without knowing the name, everyone would have him[/quote]
However knowing his name, and having watched him produce team after team of dull, negative sh*te who are interminably dull even when they''re winning, it''s still no thanks from me.

iron_stan wrote the following post at 10/03/2017 7:27 PM:

bristolcanary wrote:

We don''t want an international class manager at little old nodge do we?

just because he had the job doesnt make him "international class"

he was FAR from class

The curse of managing England. I can''t name a single manager that has been a real success in the job. And many bigger names in the game than Hodgson have failed in the role.

With some of the names on the Bet Victor odds Hodgson would be quite a catch .

Irvine 8/1

Sherwood 16/1

Phelan 20/1

Stubbs 25/1

Davies 25/1

McDermott 25/1

Ferguson D 25/1

Jones 25/1

Wise 25/1

Freedman 25/1

Neville 25/1

O''Neil 25/1

Adams 25/1

Lennon 25/1

Adkins 25/1

Coyle 25/1

Ince 25/1

Gollum Out wrote the following post at 10/03/2017 7:42 PM:

With some of the names on the Bet Victor odds Hodgson would be quite a catch .

Hodgson would be quite a catch. Without the owners connection to him he wouldn''t even be seen to be in contention. Realistically without that connection we wouldn''t be able to attract him here at this point in the clubs fortunes

If you can look past the England job. Hodgson is an outstanding club Manager who stablised us in the prem. He''s also a big enough "Name" to attrach talent. He recommended Lukaku for us and because of Steve Clarke''s Chelsea link we got the season load. It lead to what is currently our most successful Prem season. Worse out there lads

baggie192 wrote the following post at 10/03/2017 7:53 PM:

If you can look past the England job. Hodgson is an outstanding club Manager who stablised us in the prem. He''s also a big enough "Name" to attrach talent. He recommended Lukaku for us and because of Steve Clarke''s Chelsea link we got the season load. It lead to what is currently our most successful Prem season. Worse out there lads

Spot on. He would be a very good appointment for the club at this time

[quote user="JF"]baggie192 wrote the following post at 10/03/2017 7:53 PM:

Spot on. He would be a very good appointment for the club at this time[/quote]Absolutely. One of the most intelligent coaches this country has ever produced. I''d love him in a DOF role with a younger manager to learn from him, but would be more than happy for him to get the job on a permanent basis. We''re never going to appoint a foreign manager with Delia and Michael at the helm, and Roy is about as continental a coach as we could hope for.

dibbler wrote the following post at 10/03/2017 8:02 PM:

It would be a suicide appointment.

Why? Has a proven track record of success at clubs of a similar size to us. If you''re appointing on a cv then he is the outstanding candidate.

I''m definitely in the Hodgson camp too, although I don''t think it will happen. DOF with a promising younger manager would be ideal, suit him and his protege?

Its going to be Gary Rowett

He was coming in at the end of season just brought forward by results

I think as part of a double act with a younger guy he would be ideal. Bags of experience and most have failed with England. Not sure he is a longer term option though.

[quote user="JF"]iron_stan wrote the following post at 10/03/2017 7:27 PM:

bristolcanary wrote:

We don''t want an international class manager at little old nodge do we?

just because he had the job doesnt make him "international class"

he was FAR from class

The curse of managing England. I can''t name a single manager that has been a real success in the job. And many bigger names in the game than Hodgson have failed in the role.[/quote]

Nobody was as bad as his England at the last two tournaments

He was genuinely embarrassing