Sign in to follow this  
Big O

Club Announcement

The long awaited club announcement finally arrived and I guess was no great surprise to most on these boards.

Personally, I like the new structure, it aligns to a few other clubs and would appear to finally support us in getting a longer term strategy, the development of the ''Norwich way'' and a bit of ultimate accountability for everything on the football side.

I would have liked both Ricky Martin and Richard Money to have been nothing more than interim appointments as surely the new sporting director has to be able to get the team in that he wants. There is no certainty that footballing philosophies will align and the sporting director must be intotal charge for this to be a success.

On the actual pitch, we need a manager who accepts and/or is used to working in this type of model, which would suggest the potential for a foreign head coach. I''m praying for jokanivic but probably unlikely. One thing is clear though, I don''t think there is an overnight fix for the team, we will have to start moving to our preferred style of play and have the bravery to stick with it through rocky spells. Getting the right type of players in and out isn''t going to be easy, but the squad needs a refresh. I think all NCFV fans will need some patience.

In regards to Steve Stone, feels like a sound and steady appointment but I''d like him to really shake up the clubs commercial side on match days. The whole match day experience is not great, we''re miles behind other clubs in the efficiency of their food, beverage sales etc. We should maximise this.

Either way, I''ve got a sneaking outside bet, that we might make a late charge! Up the city