Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Chuck Berry RIP

Influenced the Beatles, the Stones, and just about every rock guitaris who followed. A major influence on the direction of R&R, but treated like cr@p by the authorities in his own country because he was diminishing the popularity of more ''acceptable'' artists like Pat Boone.

Can''t believe that he recorded so many great songs but his only UK no.1 was My Ding-a-ling - probably the worst thing he ever did.

[quote user="Sooty57"]Influenced the Beatles, the Stones, and just about every rock guitaris who followed. A major influence on the direction of R&R, but treated like cr@p by the authorities in his own country because he was diminishing the popularity of more ''acceptable'' artists like Pat Boone.

Can''t believe that he recorded so many great songs but his only UK no.1 was My Ding-a-ling - probably the worst thing he ever did.[/quote]and doubtlessly that will be what is played, conveying the idea that he was some ''novelty act''and when his music was acceptable it was taken, repackaged and put out by white artistschuck

RIP to one of music''s all time greats. I think most people in the know Sooty will not even think about My Ding a Ling, but remember the greats like Memphis Tennessee and Johnny B Goode. Great songs from a great man.

Must admit, his catalog has never really touched me in a way others have done, but undeniably one of the great pioneers of the modern day music scene, and a big big influence on so many other acts of the last 50 to 60 years.One of the greats, RIP Chuck.

One of the all time greats of Rock music. Sweet Little Sixteen, Johnny B Goode, Schooldays, Roll Over Beethoven, were standards that every rock group of the late 50''s early 60''s paid homage to.R.I.P. one of the great originators of Rock n Roll.[Y]