Sign in to follow this  
If I had the wings of  a sparrow

Who manages the club

I ask that because key decisions should have been made on Saturday & the manager passes the buck. Firstly Dean Ashton gets injured as he leaves the field of play he collapses, the Physio & Doctor signal that Deano''s not fit to continue. Worthington says Ashton wants to stay on if the medical staff deem a player unfit to continue which Deano clearly was surely its the managers job to remove him from the pitch. But Worthington failed to 1) Protect his clearly injury stricken player 2) Take his medical teams advice so why have a medical team?

When we had the penalty Hucks clearly wanted it & felt confident you could see that Ashton was going to miss the lad could hardly stand up straight, but Worthington says leave it to the players who ever feels confident takes it thats bull, any striker should want to take it but how come Greeno never saves a penalty, I will tell you every team we play are professional they have a pre determined penalty taker who always sticks it in the top corner, not a Sunday morning come on guys I will take it today attitude. Yet agin Worthington passses the buck no managerial decision there.

That leads me to set pieces Worthington is clueless in trying to develop different set piece routines from corners we try & lump it in & never beat the first man, we never try a short corner or try any sort of variation. Free kicks are the same just lump it in to their 6,2 centre halfs or goalkeeper or last just blast it no variation. Our preparation & lack of professionalism is costing us dear & I don''t blame the players as they are acting on orders but the manager is a disgrace.

I must admit I am at a loss as to whom is our penalty taker.  On Tues Hux takes one against Northampton and on Sat a clearly shaken Deano grabs the ball and he takes it.  Just who is our Penalty taker.

I was sitting right in front of Ashton as he stood there to take the penalty and he looked nervous.  He did not have hardly any run up to the ball and I said to my dad that he will miss this.  Then he starts the run up and it was one of these stuttering ones where he kept stopping and starting and the whole thing just oozed a miss. These points here and there that we kep dropping will prove costly in the long run.  People to my amazement still keep saying a long way to go but with Sheff Utd now 18 points clear and Reading 15 points clear it is now increasingly likely that we will only make the play offs (with a bit of luck on our form at present) and I dont have no confidence at the minute in those.   

Firstly, do you think for a minute that if the physio says the player isn''t fit to continue, then he will be made to? Erm, hardly.

Secondly, Deano has taken all our penalties since he has been here, when he has been on the field. So he''s first choice. Of course Hux wanted it, that''s what you''d expect/want. But Deano''s a goalscorer and of course he will want it and take it. He''s even more likely to take the next one now he''s missed, to put it right.

Amarillo , Neil Reynolds & the Doctor were clearly signalling to the bench that Deano was not fit to continue, they thought he had a cracked eye socket & thats why he was sent to hospital. It was the managers duty to protect his clearly concussed player & take him off regardless of what Deano was saying.

Well then either Worthy is lying in his interview with the Evening News or the EN reporter is making it up. Read this article:

http://www.en24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=enonline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED26%20Sep%202005%2011%3A46%3A19%3A953

To quote:

"Worthington did, however, reveal that once he saw Ashton''s legs buckle beneath him as he groggily rose from the pitch his first instinct was to haul his star striker off.

He said: “We were going to bring him off, but both the player himself and the medical people were happy for him to stay on.

“He was assessed again at half-time and again both he and the medical people were happy for him to continue.”
"

Really, if you think he''s lying then just come out and say it.

Opinion is one thing, and we''re all entitled to our own, but you are alledging that Worthy over-ruled the physio and the player himself and is now lying about it.