Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

Darren Huckerby

I''m not having a good at him but i really think that he should be our match winner in games like bradford. weve all remembered him from the Cardiff game coz he played so well but how many games during his loan spell was he crap!? And Saturday was another one of those days (don''t get he wrong the whole team was crap!) Hes just not very consistant.
Tell me your views, I want to know!

Worthy has got to get the right system for HUXS. He needs someone to feed off (like Robbo). I would possibly play him in a Ryan Giggs type role. which would allow Roberts to play along side McKenzie up front and Huxs to have a free role on the left side. I don''t think he is inconsistant, it''s the people around him. Every time he had the ball on saturday he beat his man. Was there a option of where to play the ball? thats another question.

He played well in the Cardiff game because he wanted a contract.Same throughout his career.Gets what he wants then becomes inconsistent.Did the same thing at Forest on loan.Why do you think he''s had so any clubs?

But surely he cant just play well when he wants to to get a contract. If he was worried about that then he would play well every game so he could get his £20''000 a week deal if we went up!

Darren Huckerby has only been a Norwich player for a matter of days, and can''t beleive that you and others are already on his back. Huckerby''s signing is the best thing that has happened to Norwich for years. He must be given a chance, and not be expected to win games on his own. Huckerby''s attitude and performance on Saturday was first class. He is a quality player who will have no problem playing at the higher level of the premiership.

If he wanted to be lazy he could have just sat out his time at Man City on 20,000 a week c''mon everyone give the bloke a break

Norwichtillidie and Franco are absolutely right- give the guy a break. He''s had one poor game and suddenly he''s a waste of money in some people''s eyes!! Don''t forget that Hucks needs the other 10 players to do their bit as well. As much as we love him, he isn''t Superman.

No ones saying hes a waste of money hes our best ever buy, hes great for the club, but people have got to admit he has off days and saturday was just one of them days. Because of all the hype around him you would expect something out of him to produce a bit of quality to change the game around. and those are the sort of games we hope for him 2 do that. But I''m sure he will be our match winner in games coming up soon.

Can I just say this is ridiculous! So he didn''t play well against Bradford he is the most talented we have had since Bellamy and has only played 2 games since we signed him. I tell you what ask other first division managers whether they think Huckerby is consistent and I think they will point you to the games he has played for us this season and for forest last season. One man doesn''t make a team but he has given us completely different dimension since joining us and we are not top of the league because Huckerby has been inconsistent.

Hmmmm...so let me get this right. The same people who were begging, pleading and screaming at the board to sign Hucks at all costs a matter of three weeks ago, are now getting on his back after one indifferent performance?

Interesting.

Fickle lot aren''t we?

As I write this, the Premiership on Monday has just shown highlights of Man Utd v. Newcastle.
Van Nistleroy, Scholes, Giggs, Shearer, Jenas, Robert, Dyer....couldn''t manage a goal between them.

Guess they''re all crap too, right?

No your all taking this the wrong way yes we know hes the best player norwich have had 4 ages, the best forward since bellamy, maybe even better but if none of you can see that he can have off days then you better watch closer. I''ve said before that some day he will be our match winner but saturday was just not one of them days.
THAT IS ALL!

Yes you are !!!!!!!
For god sake leave the players alone, Have you never had an off day !!!!!!!!
It takes 11 players to make a team NOT ONE !!!!!!!!!
Have faith in the team, they will bounce back and march on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don''t give up now.

If someone had told me at the start of the season that Darren Huckerby would become a Norwich player before the end of the year I would have thought them totally barmy! But it''s happened, and I still find it hard to take in when I stop to think about it. Yes, we would like him to turn up in Cardiff mode and do the business every game, but that''s not possible. The guy is human and, as has been said, he needs others around him to perform as well. Also, have we stopped to think about what else is going on for him right now? Moving house is one of the most stressful things you have to do in life, and getting settled in new surroundings takes time, and your mindset isn''t the same when you are only in a place for what you believe to be a short period of time. A week or so ago Marc Edworthy was reported as saying that, at Coventry, Hucks played at his best consistently when he was relaxed, happy and settled. I, for one, think that his best is yet to come, not least because the past few weeks must have been a real rollercoaster for him. It certainly was for us waiting to hear any news, so imagine what it must have been like for him. Keep the faith everyone. I shall!

So lets get this right. Hucks is so in control of his destiny that he is able to play out of his skin for a short period, then convince thousands of people that he is a great player including many many professional football coaches, sign a lucrative contract and then put his feet up?

What a load of cobblers. The same people that believe this believe that Kennedy was shot by a magic bullet..

Hucks is a footballer. He is good at some things , exceptional at others and weak in a few areas. Coaches studying video will at times work him out.

Let me give you an example.

A few weeks ago, Hucks goes down the right as I look at it from the Barclay Upper,beats three defenders , crosses to Hendo who volleys into the net. Hucks is branded a hero, nay godlike, in some quarters.

Against Bradford, Hucks goes down the right (as I look at it from the Barclay Upper) looks up and sees, quite unbelievably, Rivers and McKensie both running to the far post (behind the goal keeper and a defender) when a ball to the 12 yrd pen spot would have resulted in a tap in. But there is no one showing so Hucks holds on to ball , takes another touch, under pressure passes and defender intercepts.

Result..."Hucks has put his feet up"

Watch Hucks. See the way he responds to decisions against him . Would he care if he was iust taking the money? Of course not....a ridiculous sugestion.

I just don''t believe some of the posters on here, and they say I''m illogical!. Lay off Hucks now. You were all, like me, going mad a few short weeks ago, wanting him to come here, so enjoy!.

Not that Iam sticking up for Hucks but if you notice the expression on his face sometimes he is clearly frustrated that other players on the team (not all ) are not thinking in the same way as him and this is something that will come as they all train together and bond as a team

Lets all enjoy the ride its what weekends are all about

Look at the results before Huckerby joined us on loan ...look at the results after he joined us.
Look at the effort he personally went to over Christmas (with Keegan etc) to make sure that he signed for Norwich when he could have sat back and enjoyed £20k a week from Keegan. Ask yourself if you would like to see Hucks playing for the Scum, or at West Brom; Sheffield United; West Ham; Sunderland - or any of our other challengers for promotion.
THE MAN IS AN ASSET TO US!!