Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Playoffs Playoffs Playoffs

This should be the message that the board should be sending out.

Get the house in order ASAP and give it a go. I don''t want to give up now, C''mon Norwich

Based on current form.....

Sat Apr 1

Aston Villa A - draw

Tue Apr 4

Huddersfield Town A - lose

Sat Apr 8

Reading H - win

Fri Apr 14

Fulham H - draw

Mon Apr 17

Preston North End A - lose

Fri Apr 21

Live on Sky - Brighton (7.45pm) H - draw

Sat Apr 29

Leeds United A - lose

Sun May 7

QPR (12pm) H - win

9 points for the remaining 8 games. Won''t be enough.

Let it go, let it go

Be at one with the wind and sky

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Based on current form.....[/quote]
This ^
Unless Irvine can crack our dismal away form it won''t be enough.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league, including us.  It''s not over until it''s over and with only one win away from being in reaching distance of 6th place, it definitely isn''t over yet.

At the moment, Alan just call me Alex Irvine doesn''t represent a chance.

We may have a new Head Coach by the next game? Might give us a chance.

Here''s a link to the League calculator, have a go, I''ll do mine a bit later.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php

Sorry can''t do clicky.

The chance is based on the board getting their finger out and appointing the new manager/coach soon as, not A.Irvine.

It''s encouraging to see the responses showing the fans to be pragmatically realistic. Our chances of making the play offs are somewhere between ''you''re having a giraffe'' and ''none''.

That run of games is incredibly hard. Possible but unlikely

Villa have lost two games at home all season and Huddlesfield have won all but 5 of their home games.
The last 13 away games (39 points) we''ve taken 7 points... If Irvine can get 2 or 3 points I''ll be impressed 4 or 6 and he should get the job because he''ll have worked a miracle on the team!

A new guy and a bit of confidence the next it''s not impossible

However, have a gut feeling we will stick with Irvine for the rest of the season & then he will be here next season. Thought he may have had a bit more imagination when picking the team though

No point looking back at teams past results to try and work out if we can do it or not. Form, and a good run, can start in a weekend, after all that''s how football works. So I agree it''s still looking very tough, but then if I was a Sheff Weds supporter I wouldn''t think we were home and dry yet whatsoever. Infact I think going by what I see on here, we''d be getting written off. But to go with the past or recent form argument, then apart from our game, I believe Sheff Weds have lost 5 from their last 7, so looking at the form of them, Fulham and ourselves then you''d say Fulham will take the 6th spot, with us pipping Wednesday to 7th in theory. We have found 2 decent spells of form, or at least results, this season - we need to find just one more and see where it takes us. Players coming back from injury is also a massive plus, especially given Oliveira''s goal scoring prowess - he may be the difference.

If we can get the right man in (Pearson?) quickly it''s possible we could build some momentum. There is absolutely no pressure on us and it would be brilliant to just go for it. Who knows, we could do it

No chance of the play-offs.

As soon as we come up against a decent side, i.e. Fulham, Reading, Brighton and Huddersfield we''re gonna struggle.

Anyone that thinks we''ll finish in the top six is wildly optimistic at best and deluded at worst.

We were bang average today, tbh, if Barnsley had been better or had their shooting boots on they might have nicked a point.

Would have been interesting in 2 weekends had Dijks not been sent off against Blackburn. As we were already supposedly out of the play off picture then, it does go to show how quickly things can change. If we find the form then we will finish in the playoffs I reckon, but it''s a big ask, and the next game will not be easy against a rejuvenated Villa. The pressure seems to be off us at the moment so that could work in our favour. But we''ll see what happens.

Hoola Han Solo -

But is there anyone on here that actually *THINKS* we''re going to finish in the Play Offs? I can''t think of one either to be honest.

I don''t know, Alex.

Normally I''m quite upbeat about these things, but even if we pull of a miracle and get in the top six, we''d be outclassed in the play-offs anyway.

The funny thing is, Hoola, that if by some miracle we got into the playoffs then I''d fancy us strongly. For a couple of reasons, one being that we''d have had to show some seriously good form/grinding out results in order to get there so confidence would be very high around Carrow Rd once again, and secondly, those other teams would be wary of us for sure if we''d got our mojo back again, especially given our recent play off experience.

But to be honest I can''t see it happening, though nevertheless it''ll be interesting to see what happens in the next round of league games, be stupid to discount it entirely given Sheff Weds form of late (us aside!).

If we got there, I too would fancy our chances, certainly to get to the final. Carrow Rd can be an intimidating place so would fancy our chances in the home leg to get us in a strong position. Wembley, well, there are a few players that experienced the last time so who knows. However, do I think we''ll get to the playoffs? Not a chance, we''re relying on too many other factors for us to get there.

To be honest it just makes me feel worse still being in touching distance of the play offs after some of the poor displays this season.If we had just had a average 2nd half to the season we would be home n dry for a play off place !!

Just did the league calculator. Thought I was being generous with our results, and still got us on 8th spot, 3 pts behind Fulham in 6th and Sheffield W in between.

The next two games will decide this season. It´s really strange that we´re still in the race for the playoff, despite our poor performances away from home. The most I can see us get from those two games is 2 pts, probably 1 at most. BUT, if we somehow get the unbelivable 6 pts, I think we´re getting the 6th spot, and that would also mean that Irvine gets the job full time.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Based on current form.....

Sat Apr 1

Aston Villa A - draw

Tue Apr 4

Huddersfield Town A - lose

Sat Apr 8

Reading H - win

Fri Apr 14

Fulham H - draw

Mon Apr 17

Preston North End A - lose

Fri Apr 21

Live on Sky - Brighton (7.45pm) H - draw

Sat Apr 29

Leeds United A - lose

Sun May 7

QPR (12pm) H - win

9 points for the remaining 8 games. Won''t be enough.

Let it go, let it go

Be at one with the wind and sky[/quote]

Can you also predict the winning lottery numbers