Could be a blessing in disguise. Wes get''s an extra rest and now it''s time for Pritchard to show what he can do in the centre. Hopefully Maddison gets a chance as well.

Hopefully next year it''s more a case of Wes deputising for Pritchard/Maddison instead of the other way round like now

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]To be fair Pritchard had a good game Saturday, and more game time will only be good for him if he can see a run ahead of him.[/quote]

Spot on G. Will miss Wes but I think Pritchard will relish the opportunity - great to have Maddison as back up, though my only fear is how well he''d fair in the rough and tough games at Championship level, he looks very slight. This maybe the reason he was sent out on loan, and to be fair, it didn''t seem to hinder him in Scotland.

Maddison did have a good game, against Coventry at start of season.

Obviously would have upped his game against his former club, but looked good enough to me.

Wes is a bigger loss to Ireland than to us, i love him as a player, but as opinted out above, we have quality replacements, Ireland only really have Wes in that position. Its a shame for him as he will want to play every game he can as he reaches the end of his career  soon.I still hope he stays with us, gets a Testimonial and can look back fondly on his time here. (even tho he did throw his toys out about the Villa non move).

Yer can imagine next year being Wes'' last year. Be nice to see what Pritchard or Maddison can do there but knowing Irvine he will probably just put Naismith in there 😴.