Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

It could be Ryan Giggs.............

No relevant experience, and for whatever reason he apppeared to miss a lot of Wales matches when they needed him.

Everything appears to have come easy to him, I''d rather have someone better prepared to battle against the odds.

If we don''t hire Giggs I''m going to hope it is because of a doubt about his managerial acumen, not because he''s been shagging about a bit.

But...

Ed Balls said the sporting director would be heavily involved in looking for the right coach, so if that''s the case then I can''t see us holding any meetings with potential coach''s until we''ve hired the sporting director and got his take on who is his preferred choice. Alan Irvine till end of season I reckon.

Exactly Alex, the sporting director will have big say in who the new coach will be. And unless things are much further on than they are letting on, seems likely to be nearer May than March when all the ducks are in a row.

That''s the way I see it G. If Webber is the man then it would seem fairly logical that if he joined over the next week or two then his message to the board maybe along the lines of ''Let''s hold tight till we see if Huddersfield miss out on promotion, if so then I want us to go for David Wagner''. Personally, I think that''s a fairly likely scenario, with Alan Irvine remaining in charge for these last remaining 8 games or so.

Wagner turned down the Wolfsburg job earlier in the season. I think even if Huddesfield don''t get promoted Wanger will have far larger offers on the table than Norwich.

I think the new SD will want to get someone in before the end of the season, but it will depend on who is available of course.

On the balance of probability I think we will see a new manager before the end of the season.

Fair points Bethnal, but should Alan Irvine win his next game or 2 to keep our faint play off hopes alive then I can''t see a change being made then. It would be foolish to take a gamble if he''s still giving us an outside opportunity of the unthinkable.

As we''re appointing a sporting director first any rumours are complete nonsense.

We might be sounding people out now but nobody, not even most people at the club will have any clue who we''re going to appoint next. At the moment I''d say the likest person and only name in the frame is Alan Irvine.

Anyone else linked is pure speculation.

Alan Irvine is 12/1 with Paddy Power. I''m sure he won''t get the post full time but given that they pay out when a temporary/interim manager takes charge of 10 games then it maybe worth a gamble if you fancy a flutter - if he makes it to the end of the season then he''ll have taken charge of exactly 10 games...

Depends how far down the line the club are with the SD. If they have a name in place and are just waiting for the paperwork to be signed etc then I''m sure the club will have asked them who they would like to speak to in regards the manager''s job.

However, Balls did say they haven''t got to the interview stage with the SD yet, so think we are still a few days off that at least.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"] Balls did say they haven''t got to the interview stage with the SD yet, so think we are still a few days off that at least.[/quote]Assuming that Ed Balls is driving this new structure through with hopefully only D & M nodding with approval it certainly will not be happening over the next few days as Ed was on Jeremy Vine BBC Radio 2 at lunchtime saying he was then off to the O2 rehearsing for the Strictly spot on this Fridays Red Nose Day.