Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Too Many Cooks

The Stowmarket Two and Ballsup are going to make a complete mess of this restructuring.

Whilst I can see the logic of the boy Stone concentrating on the business side of the former CEO role, what they have in mind for the football side of the business is going to lead to multiple layers of management and utter confusion. They are going to have the sporting director, head coach, the Man from the Mulbartonshire Estate and the boy Money all reporting back to the Board on football matters.

For any of this to have a glimmer of success, the sporting director and head coach need to have worked together before as a double-act, as the boy Irvine has intimated when he has been interviewed about this structure. Otherwise there is a high probability the two fill fall out (as did the Blarneymeister and Rioch when they tried this split before). In particular, it is completely wrong for the head coach not to have the final say on players being recruited as he is the one who has to pick the team and decide on formations and tactics, etc. For instance, if the defence is weak in the right back area, but the sporting director and other meddlers decide to bring in a carbon copy of Pinto (who is a wing-back not a defender), then this is going to seriously **** off the guy who has to pick, coach and motivate the team and build a proper defensive unit as a matter of first principle. Once mistakes like this are made they have a knock-on effect in more ways than one and things go from bad to worse for the club in general.

Any British manager worth his salt will want to bring in his own team rather than have it foisted on him by the Board. The Board will find it hard to recruit a recognised name and the chances are the head coach role will be filled by an unknown, possibly from abroad (someone easy to control, yes man, etc). It appears that the boy Hodgson was in the running for either the sporting director or head coach role, but turned them down on the grounds that they were unworkable. Hence the unveiling that never was.

I fear that Ballsup is just as accident prone as the Stowmarket Two so to have trio banana skin treaders at the top of the club is a recipe for disaster.

Delia, Wynnie and Ballsup out.

You paint some interesting scenarios here Vince, it''s a shame none of them have any basis in fact.Where exactly did you get such detailed knowledge of the new set up? Some quotes would be good.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Too Many Cooks[/quote]Who''s cooking the books in Binsville Vinnie?Is it the boy Marcus?https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0jRrrrFSLLxseA05zCgZYcmDlb5RFI9wfGdiRrk5i4eST48TO

I read the first three or four lines and lost the will to live. Now off to watch some paint dry i am so enthralled by his ramblings.