Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Are we waiting for play-offs before appointing a manager?

Something tells me that we are waiting on the fates of the play-off teams before approaching a manager from either Reading, Leeds or Huddersfield.

All great candidates and maybe they are hesitant to commit to us whilst being on the brink of play-off success.

Arguably the 3 stand out candidates. Are the board finally being sensible and waiting for someone for us to all get excited about who is going to get the backing of most?

I''d take any of them ahead of the others we have been linked with.

Or maybe I am just being overly optimistic?

Think it''s a perfectly sensible and feasible scenario, Merv - personally I fully expect Irvine to be in charge till the last game of the season.

But if by some chance he gets us into the playoffs, what then?. He would surely be in the driving seat which, if that was the case, would be hard to argue against in fairness.

Playoffs?????

Not beaten any of the top 10 teams cannot beat many of the bottom 10 teams

Yes this bunch deserve the Play Offs

Championship at best with the current BOD

You sound like you have an issue with the manager being Scottish?

Not suggesting we appoint Irvine, but 2 ''Scottish Clowns'' have got us promoted in recent times - makes no difference what country they''re from in my eyes.

As for the ''cheap option'', the cost is irrelevant.

[quote user="Alex "]You sound like you have an issue with the manager being Scottish?

Not suggesting we appoint Irvine, but 2 ''Scottish Clowns'' have got us promoted in recent times - makes no difference what country they''re from in my eyes.

As for the ''cheap option'', the cost is irrelevant.[/quote]If the '' barely keeping our heads above water '' line spun by the Board is to be believed it''s very relevant.

[quote user="Barclay seats 48 49 the 3rd"]recent history suggests that if you get promoted with a Scottish clown as manager[/quote]I thought Lambert did OK........

My point was that there are no guarantees that a more expensive appointment will be any more successful for us than a ''cheaper'' option. The same as players we sign, either can be a success or failure, so that''s why it''s ''irrelevant''.

Why would the managers of current play off contenders consider a move to City as coach is a viable option. As being coach at City without ability to recruit own players an unlikely attractive proposition.

Living in the here and now we''re 5 points off the play-offs. This time next season we could be 35 points off. Our best chance of promotion might be this season. In my opinion we need to sort the manager position before the next league game.When Neil was sacked in such a seemingly sh*t hot hurry I though the BOD had an immediate replacement in mind. Now I don''t what the hell their plan is.

I got the impression from the article earlier, that the board still foolishly think we can get promoted via playoffs, and depending on what league we are in will influence the next management appointment.

"pete" - ''Why would the managers of current play off contenders consider a move to City as coach is a viable option. As being coach at City without ability to recruit own players an unlikely attractive proposition''

That''s not actually quite the case though, is it?