Sign in to follow this  
Kanadyan Kanary

OT Does anyone else have this issue?

When I view the message board on my mobile, I only get to see half a message from some posters because the descriptor for the place they are from is way too long.

Yeah, it''s not a particularly​ mobile friendly site. I often get formatting errors when using a mobile browser.

what have you been issued with ?or not as the case maybe ?

I can see all of Pyro Pete''s and flashman''s posts but only half of Jamie''s. I presume it''s because of the ''Morissette cutlery drawer'' bit.I have a blackberry priv which runs off Android and has about the same size screen as a Samsung Edge.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]At some point Archant will spend a few quid and update the forum software to something from this decade. Probably in the next decade.[/quote]This century even. [;)]

This forum runs on Telligent''s Community Server platform, released in 2004.

Latest release is Telligent Community v5.6, released 2010.

It''s a little behind the times for the county''s primary online and print media company.

My biggest issue is they''ll claim it''s extortionate costs but there''s plenty of opensource alternatives available (no software license fee), maintenance would be low and the only cost would be database migration which again isn''t a huge deal.

And baring in mind they''re more than happy to plaster full screen f*cking Nissan adverts all over the place you''d think it''s probably a fair deal.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]I can see all of Pyro Pete''s and flashman''s posts but only half of Jamie''s. I presume it''s because of the ''Morissette cutlery drawer'' bit.I have a blackberry priv which runs off Android and has about the same size screen as a Samsung Edge.

[/quote]No problems on the Z 10.

Being able to quote properly would be a great start, it''s a great message board but fossorial to say the least.

Re. the quote function, despite using the Mac Firefox user agent for Safari, which mostly does allow the quote function to operate correctly, I still keep getting the dreaded "mismatching quotes in block" message quite frequently. I can never identify any mismatch however careful I am. Anyone know why this happens?

It happens when someone has a non-letter/number in their username. Anyone that has an apostrophe,comma,full stop etc. causes that problem.

Yes, Herman has it. If it isn''t alphanumeric, our County''s leading media outlet can''t handle it.

Delete any "special characters" from the name of the user name you are quoting.

Were that it was so easy to delete the special characters themselves #Greavsy #Juge

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Re. the quote function, despite using the Mac Firefox user agent for Safari, which mostly does allow the quote function to operate correctly, I still keep getting the dreaded "mismatching quotes in block" message quite frequently. I can never identify any mismatch however careful I am. Anyone know why this happens?[/quote]Don''t know why it happens but i found that deleting the final quote in brackets of the post that you are quoting, sorts it .....If that makes sense.

Let''s double down.

Cohiba

the New Boy

Le Juge

Juggy

Van Wink

Want to talk about multiple IDs?

The "report" button is bottom right. I am just saying that for show as you know where it is.

Enjoy your evening.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Let''s double down.

Cohiba

the New Boy

Le Juge

Juggy

Van Wink

Want to talk about multiple IDs?

The "report" button is bottom right. I am just saying that for show as you know where it is.

Enjoy your evening.[/quote]

All them people are alright.

Are they the same?

[quote user="Herman"]It happens when someone has a non-letter/number in their username. Anyone that has an apostrophe,comma,full stop etc. causes that problem.[/quote][Y] Herman. Slight qualification: those non-alphanumeric symbols accepted in e.g. e-mail identifiers (underline, for example) seem to work ok. For example, I have no problem quoting posts by iron_stan (not that I want to quote iron_stan very often........) [:D]