Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

How bad were the Barclay today

[quote user="Vanilla ice "]Not a sound virtually all game

The current lot compared to the lower Barclays of old are a disgrace[/quote]There wasn''t a ''lower Barclay '' of old, there was just ''The Barclay End''. Duh.

[quote user="The Nightfly"]OR, well technically there has always been a lower Barclay, its those upstarts in the Upper Barclay that are the Jonny come lately''s.[/quote]You mean until they ''improved'' it, built an upper tier, and put seats in? lol.

The current lot compared to the lower Barclays of old are a disgrace[/quote]yes,  a bit more noise from them and we could have won todayI blame the nanny goat stateare you kidding ?" baa baa "

The current lot compared to the lower Barclays of old are a disgrace[/quote]Don''t know where you were in the ground but you could hear more noise this week from them where I was in the Jarrold. Atmosphere still weird though.Felt like nobody could give a toss whether we won or lost and if Barnsley had been able to shoot straight they might well have been celebrating a win at Carrow Rd for the first time in 80 years.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Vanilla ice "]Not a sound virtually all game

The current lot compared to the lower Barclays of old are a disgrace[/quote]Don''t know where you were in the ground but you could hear more noise this week from them where I was in the Jarrold. Atmosphere still weird though.Felt like nobody could give a toss whether we won or lost and if Barnsley had been able to shoot straight they might well have been celebrating a win at Carrow Rd for the first time in 80 years. [/quote]I think it was more a case of fans being ''shell shocked''. AN gone, the re-structuring and not knowing if we were still in a play off place chase rather left many bemused rather than uncaringAs to Barnsley''s shooting then that applies to us also, who if the BBC are to be believed, we had more shots than Barnsley and over twice as many of them on target.Now where''s that league table so I can check how many bonus points you get for noisy fans ?

ps given that we only played Barnsley at home twice in the nextb 43 years after that loss in 1937 I''m not quite sure what your point is there

There were 8 empty seats in a row in front of me and several behind me in Block e

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]People voting with their feet. ?[/quote]I would but I find it difficult gripping the ballot paper with my toes.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]People voting with their feet. ?[/quote]I would but I find it difficult gripping the ballot paper with my toes.[/quote]

Boom boom

We were poor, but snakepit no louder. The general feeling around me is a lack of caring.

The Barclay, whose attendees constantly moan at other parts of the ground for being quiet, the mainstay of our support, being quiet, and not caring?

Whatever next???

I noticed there were lots of empty seats in the Barclay on Saturday. River End corners were less than half full and snakepit had its fair share of spaces.

I''ve decided not to renew for next season and tbh its a struggle to find the motivation to come to the remaining games this season. Wonder how many are feeling the same?

It is indeed poor offerings there ATM, but i still go for the following reasons.

1 they are my team, and i will support whatever.

2 I''ve paid for the season, and am too tight not to go.

3. You may see a quality game/goal/piece of individual brilliance (Howson goal) and can say, i was there for that.

4 i go with my son, who doesn''t live with me, so it''s a good opportunity for some father/son bonding.

I respect others choice not to purchase tickets, etc, but do think if you have a season ticket, you should want to attend.

Yep, strange atmosphere. I think most felt that the play offs are just that wee bit too far off so not much to get excited about win or lose really on a pretty dank and dreary afternoon. Pretty entertaining second half though- end to end action as they say, so still a fine afternoon out.

There were empty seats all round the stadium but at least the Barclay and Snakepit were doing as they were told by the stewards, sitting down watching the game!