Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Howson versus Morons

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 20/03/2017 9:38 PM:

Just referring to your little double act that took over thread after thread after thread.....

I always liked Saint better, the sensible one. Greavsy often played the fool...

No, sorry Nigel, i have no idea what threads/double act you''re referring to, and care even less.

Only one of us is playing the fool as has been pointed out to you recently.

Let''s not start this nonsense again.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 20/03/2017 10:02 PM:

Anyway, I still miss Morty.

I''m sure you''ll find a way NN, in fact I''m certain of it.

I''ll take your evasion of my question as you can''t answer it.

Happy with that, again.

To get back on topic, its a shame fans have a go at the Murphys when they make mistakes, cause don''t we learn by our mistakes.
Good to see Jonny Howson sticking up for him too, bet he''s great with the kids in the squad.

Imagine if the ref fell over in a match, the crowd would cheer.

That was exactly the noise which followed Murphys shot.

No big deal just move on.

I''m sure there is something in what you say there Simmo, and if that was all it was then maybe people wouldn''t be so annoyed about this.

The problem as I see it is there seems to be a group of fans who clearly don''t have a clue, but have load voices, who constantly moaned about and hurled abuse at Redmond ( in England senior squad) and now Murphy ( in England u21 squad )

My belief is that this sort of abuse does damage players confidence which in turn will stunt their development, I can''t for the life of me see any reason why a proper fan would do that.

[quote user="Vw"]I''m sure there is something in what you say there Simmo, and if that was all it was then maybe people wouldn''t be so annoyed about this.

The problem as I see it is there seems to be a group of fans who clearly don''t have a clue, but have load voices, who constantly moaned about and hurled abuse at Redmond ( in England senior squad) and now Murphy ( in England u21 squad )

My belief is that this sort of abuse does damage players confidence which in turn will stunt their development, I can''t for the life of me see any reason why a proper fan would do that.[/quote]There''s always used to been the odd loud mouthed idiot amongst the crowd that would spend the whole game shouting abuse at our own players, but it seems that nowadays, there are somehow more people who latch on to and join in with the lone loud mouths, to make the problem more noticeable. We all get frustrated and sometimes annoyed at things that happen on the pitch, but unfortunately, some people act like sheep to anything that is shouted - good or bad - and join in without thinking for themselves - or maybe they enjoy being abusive, even if they do it at those supposed to be on our side.  That somehow reminds me of someone....but fortunately, on a message board they can be got rid of, but at a football match, people feel they are untouchable.  I suppose some people need to be abusive tw*ts and in this pc world where you can''t say anything about anything, they find some solace in being able to have a go at young footballers when they are in a large crowd where there is safety in numbers. I suppose we should feel sorry for them......  

Some good points there Lakey, but the fact you resorted to abuse yourself sort of contradicts some of your view point.

I wouldn''t call the chant aimed at Jacob abusive, it was more like mocking, mickey taking, or whatever, but I thought it was unnecessary and silly. Fortunately Murph silenced them with a goal mere minutes later.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 21/03/2017 9:39 AM:

"Some good points there Lakey, but the fact you resorted to abuse yourself sort of contradicts some of your view point.

I wouldn''t call the chant aimed at Jacob abusive, it was more like mocking, mickey taking, or whatever, but I thought it was unnecessary and silly. Fortunately Murph silenced them with a goal mere minutes later."

Do you really think Lakey was resorting to Abuse Hoola, more mocking, micky taking surely.

Great that Jacob answered the idiots in the best possible way 👍

Michael Bailey''s take on this "banter" : -

2 – It was bang out of order

I didn’t need to push him on it. Howson volunteered his opinion: that those fans who jeered Jacob Murphy’s shot should have a good look at themselves.

Murphy shanked the ball out for a throw. Some in the Snakepit and Lower Barclay questioned what on earth that was supposed to have been – in their own style. I looked across from the press box expecting to see smiles and laughs. I couldn’t believe it was being sung out of genuine anger.

Some fans will feel they pay for the privilege to say whatever they feel. Fine. In this case, those same fans need to know what they did was on the stupid side of ridiculous – regardless how frustrated they were at the shortcomings in Jacob’s defensive game or the inexperience of his youth.

Once again, Jacob made a match-winning contribution. Some fans need to get out of their sulk and remember why they are a Norwich City supporter.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/nil_bounce_sort_it_out_snakepit_two_key_cameos_structural_limitations_and_paul_heckingbottom_six_things_we_learned_from_norwich_city_s_latest_carrow_road_success_over_barnsley_1_4938503

Fair appraisal, however it was a minority, from where i was i thought it was the Barnsley fans who sang that, it was only afterwards realised it was ours. But don''t make any more of it than that, hasn''t stopped him getting an international call up, well done Jacob.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Fair appraisal, however it was a minority, from where i was i thought it was the Barnsley fans who sang that, it was only afterwards realised it was ours. But don''t make any more of it than that, hasn''t stopped him getting an international call up, well done Jacob.[/quote]
It''s disappointing because Jonny Howson and mbncfc were both moved to comment in the way they did. I guess what annoyed me more is how stupidity seems to be explained away as banter and my view is coloured by having followed Jacob (and Josh) so closely over the last few years. Rays funds for FONCY played a small part in their developement which is something we can all be proud of. Anyway, you''re right Lessingham, Jacob doesn''t need Jonny Howson, mbncfc or any of us to answer his critics. With his ten goals, six assists and and England U21 call up he''s done that himself with style.