Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Howson versus Morons

"Fans" who booed Murphy yesterday when he sliced a shot wide at 0-0... Johnny Howson is unimpressed with you.

“He’s a young lad and sometimes he needs that experience of maybe making the odd mistake to learn,” said Howson.

“Obviously there was a little bit of a reaction with his shot in the first half and to me, people who do things like that to a young lad that’s come through and he’s one of your own if you like, they need to probably have a good look at themselves.

“But true credit to Jacob. He pops up with a goal and answers them, so it’s obviously another strength of his that whatever set-back or what people might comment, he carries on going. It’s a terrific trait to have as a player."

We don''t want to see Murphy go the way of Llewellyn and Henderson, another youth product destroyed by his own "supporters". Well said Johnny Howson.

I sit in the upper Barclay and must say I didn''t hear any of this. Perhaps I fell asleep momentarily.

I think the examples of Llewellyn and Henderson are not particularly good. Hardly destroyed by our supporters, more limited by their respective talents.

We have a an excellent fan base and I would never boo any of our players but the ones who sit on their hands all game are just as culpable

Pathetic reaction. Was mainly from the snake pit, who in the majority are a bunch of morons who think they''re the elite of the fan base, but when it comes round to cup games etc the place is empty.

Commented on this at the time, I could not understand why our fans would want to do that to one of our young players. Agree that the chant appeared to be led by the Snakepit who a few minutes later were singing the "one of our own" song, complete bunch of ignorant idiots.......

Part of the problem is that the rest of the stadium is so quiet that the chant of what may only have been a few dozen idiots can be heard by everyone and made to seem more significant than it is.

Didnt hear anybody boo him - just a brief mocking "what the f''ing hell'' was that

Jacob has mocked it on social media himself, so not too sure it affected him at all

Snake Pit the supposeably 100% NCFC supporters who when there is a League Cup Game or whatever the new name is or FA Cup game is empty.

Perhaps their dole money does not stretch to extra payments

I didn''t hear much more than the usual frustration you''d get from a shot that ended up out for a throw in.

Saying that I do think our fans are harsh on both the Murphy''s- 10 goals and quite a few assists aged 22 in your first season at this level is a great return.

I don''t think it was malicious but it came from the half empty snake pit

Howson is entitled to his opinion but I''d bet if the team spirit they reckon exists is really there they will be giving Jacob a bit of stick for it in training next week.

That''s how it was meant to my mind.

Not everything in life has to be taken literally. Us dole money boys call it "banter". Try it sometimes, it''s quite good fun.

So if the players take the p!ss out of him (which they will), they need to have a long hard look at themselves?

It''s not like he was slaughtered for the entire game or had every touch booed

Wasn''t is just a brief ''What the f*cking hell was that'' chant? It''s hardly like he was being berated all game.

I get the feeling it would have been the same if Howson or Jerome or anyone had tried it.

I don''t think it would have been. For some reason a certain section of our support have an issue with the Murphy''s not being Raheem Sterling yet.

It''s all over the facebook groups too, Jacob''s not good enough why does he play etc etc.

It''s pathetic. Misguided, lacking in football knowledge and 90% of them are just flat out bellends anyway.

99% of people on the Facebook group tends to be morons.

If the Murphys play, they should not be immune to criticism just like any other player, although they shouldn''t be picked on more by the same token.

Some criticism of the Murphys is fair, and they should use it as constructive criticism to improve their games.

However, you will always get people who only attend to be angry. A guy used to sit near me and did not need a second opportunity to shriek, shout and yell at the players or manager, yet when we scored would sit with his arms crossed...

I certainly heard no booing, and if there was a ''what the hell was that'' chant it was from the Barnsley fans or perfectly reasonable mickey-taking from ours - and obviously taken in the right heart by Murphy, so not a problem. Howson protecting one of our players isn''t a problem either, so all''s good.

Not sure where you sit Branston but in the Upper Barclay it was very obvious a pretty loud. I imagine some of the morons in the snake pit thought it was funny but everyone around where I sit thought it was pathetic.

Good for Howson for bringing it up. Definitely a line crossed.

Sorry Hairy😀

That was directed at the infrequent second account user calling himself Grotty earlier in the thread.

Good to see Jacob in the u21s

He''s an extremely talented footballer as is his brother and I am very proud to have both of them!

Next season Jacob, Josh and Carlton Morris in the team regularly please, let''s build a young hungry team

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I certainly heard no booing, and if there was a ''what the hell was that'' chant it was from the Barnsley fans or perfectly reasonable mickey-taking from ours - and obviously taken in the right heart by Murphy, so not a problem. Howson protecting one of our players isn''t a problem either, so all''s good.[/quote]Exactly.Why is everyone so ****ing precious ? The club is in a depressed state - The Board, fans and players - and the match wasn''t great. It''s just a bit of banter and I''m sure Mr Murphy isn''t about to go to pieces because of it. I bet the players have given him ten times worse.I''ve been to games in the past when we were in a worse state than this and our play was so bad that any shot at all had, " Hallelujah " ringing round the ground. I don''t remember the players seeking counselling.Murphy makes mistakes same as anyone else and he''s just got to roll with it when he does. He seems to have done so easily.Nothing to see here.