Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Darrell Clark

Agree with what Swindon said, if anything we might just be putting the feelers out.

Still this is the type of appointment I want. Just as long as we get a good DoF in with a good track record an up and coming coach like him is exactly what we need.

Got Bristol from the Conference to just outside the L1 play offs with no budget and worked with DoF type person above him there. Comes across more confidant than arrogant (prob why he''s willing to work as a head coach instead of manager) and by all accounts has got them playing good football.

As others have said previously this is the type of appointment the club has historically had success with.

Still early days but fingers crossed!

Agreed, ideal combination for me would be a young up and coming coach like this together with an experienced DoF.

The most important thing for the DoF is to have established contacts and respect in the game (which is why Roy wouldn''t have been bad). One of the big issues we have had over last few years is quality recruitment. That together with a lack of respect from senior players, agents and managers I suspect (but cant evidence) was one of the biggest issues with Alex Neil.

Someone like Clarke who has learnt his trade at a lower level for a few seasons and had a taste for success would be ideal. Ironically, Alex Neil was almost that man but he just didn''t quite have enough experience or most importantly tactical ability.

I''ve been pretty down beat this season but IF the board could make two good appointments here it could revolutionise the club and give it back it''s vigour

[quote user="king canary"]Huh. Maybe my dad is ITK.

There was an excellent article about him on the site ''In Bed with Maradona'' which makes him sound amazing.[/quote]Agreed, excellent reading, and does a good job of selling Clark. It''s a simplistic link IMHO though since he very much fits the Alex Neil mold. Do we want another manager who over-achieves with players that in theory aren''t good enough for the league they''re in? What we wanted this season was someone who could motivate and keep a team performing to their potential. Next season I guess we will be somewhere between the two.Is there actually any evidence to back up the claims that he''s in the running?

In Bed With Maradona also has an article about Frankie McAvoy when he was in charge of the Hamilton academy. Posters who do nothing but ridicule FM should perhaps read it. Just search the IBWM site using his name, or Hamilton Accies

@nuff said

I think you need to take each individual manager on their own merits. Our last two promotions came under managers who were young, up-and-coming but without higher level experience. The last two managers with Premier League experience we had (Hughton and Roeder) weren''t great successes.

I have a bias for a younger, up and coming type over a ''been their done that.'' The like of Pardew and Bruce don''t really inspire me.