Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

time to take action

ok... talking on an internet message board isnt going to make a jot of difference to the current situation.

The fact that worthington has lost alot of supporters now suggests that the wheels are in motion to oust him.. in order to do this fans must be solid and together....

This rubbish has gone on long enough and now its time to act.. we need to sing for worthington to go... Not the players... i cant fault the players at all in this... they played badly today because of a clueless manager who doesnt know what hes doing..

We need to sing loud and long to show the board we are united over this... WOrthingtons dragging us down, any fool can see that...

At hull on Tuesday we should see how the game starts.. if its as rubbish as today then sing long and loud to oust him... Id like to see what pap he spouts then! he''s taking the mick out of us all as it is anyway.... And even protest after the game.. the board say they wont sack him but will have little choice should we get our backs up over the situation.

For the good of Norwich City Nigel Worthington must go!

jas

[quote]ok... talking on an internet message board isnt going to make a jot of difference to the current situation. The fact that worthington has lost alot of supporters now suggests that the wheels are in ...[/quote]

What a load of tosh.  How on earth is that going to help the players?  Best you stay at home, I think.

dicky i see your point, but from what the club and board have said, the only way we are going to resolve this is to force him out....

i knew you''d reply Dickie...

no its not best i stay at home. i have missed 2 home games in 3 years. and 5 altogether in the past 15. Im not some johnny come lately who isnt entitled to an opinion.

YOu think its going to be detrimental to the team if we get at worthington? Well surely a clueless manager dragging us down then insulting us fans is also detrimental to the team?

Every manager has their Day, Every manager will eventually leave their team. It will happen to fergie, it will happen to Mourinho, and its happening to Worthington.

Dean AShton is a hugely exciting prospect and it shows how far we have come to get him here.. but he will be gone in January if we arent promotion contenders. We have been woeful infront of goal and without Deano i think we are going to get relegated and thats the truth.

I care more about this Football club than anything.

I have had enough, i won shares in the club, have a 5 year season ticket, and follow them accross the country (although away games have to be put on hold as my girlfriends expecting our first child and the money is needed for the baby). Im not staying at home, i pay my money, i make my opinion. Like it or not i will be calling for worthingtons head along with the group around me in the Barclay who were doing it today...

jas

It will happen Tuesday to many now want him gone and he has upset just about everyone with his comments today. Just a shame he has hung around long enough to wreck any chance of promotion. Football manager ?your having a laugh ,

Maybe 200 or 200 hundred the club will say "Boo boys at it again" hit that figure around the 1000 mark and the board will start to take note. I still have a doubt you''ll even make 100 , but if the game is as bad tuesday as it was today, i might even join you.

I cant agree the players have no blame in this.. they blatantly do have a part in it. They got us relegated and now they are having a damn good go at repeating the medicine. Some of them need their backsides kicking into the wensum.

[quote]ok... talking on an internet message board isnt going to make a jot of difference to the current situation. The fact that worthington has lost alot of supporters now suggests that the wheels are in ...[/quote]

Well i 4 one will not be chanting "worthy out" on tuesday night! chanting worthy out will not help one bit, ok yes 2 you it might get your feelings across! If we''d of had a bit of luck today, e.g ashton pen and better shooting we''d of won! ok yes worthy did take WLY off, but thats it!

I hope others join me and continue 2 back NW 4 now, im giving him the next 3 matches, i want a minimum of 7 points! 

I have to agree with you. The supporters need to show the board what we feel and in some way I think it started today. Even the most sedate River Enders who sit round me were anti-worthington today. If we are struggling in the first 30 minutes against Hull the only thing you''ll here will be the majority shouting Worthy Out or of that nature, and of course the few who''ll still sing his praises. I don''t think there are many left thought to be honest.

[quote]I cant agree the players have no blame in this.. they blatantly do have a part in it. They got us relegated and now they are having a damn good go at repeating the medicine. Some of them need their ba...[/quote]

Well Said

No No no no nooooooo! Don''t do it!

Look:

Nigel Worthington is stubborn, and this will have no effect but to make the team play worse, the fans not show up and the opposition have a great time.

Nigel has sufficiently proved to me in the last 18 months that he thinks there''s nothing he can do about this problem apart from "keep going and it''ll turn round".

No it won''t.

He will be sacked in 5 games, because the team are woeful. Then we can hope for a good choice of new manager, and all without destroying the atmosphere at Carrow Road.

What a load of old s***e jas the barclay spouts. And predictably when challenged resorts to the usual ''oh I''m not entitled to my opinion'' even though no one has ever said that. Convenient cop out for a reasoned argument

Might I ask if Worthington should be sacked then at least have the guts to stick by your words and not try and weasel out of it with " At hull on Tuesday we should see how the game starts " Either he is not up to it or not !

" We need to sing loud and long to show the board we are united over this." As if the board had no idea that the fans might not be too happy with recent results. Funny that. Perhaps the board might not be too happy either.

How arrogant of this ragbag of over exited malcontents that presume that everyone else sufers from their delusions and self importance. "Oooh look at us us, we are the mighty City at fortress Carrow Road"

Well, could I add a small measure of reality into your punchbowl of arrogance and stupidity. We have no divine right to win anything. Our play is as much determined by how much the opponents allow us to play. Many of us expected this struggle and predicted that it would be the second season that would see us mount a serious challenge.

If you can''t wait that long then you where the door is. And it certainly isn''t the one to the managers office or the boardroom either.

And before you bleat further I have no particular love of Nigel Worthington nor am I, or many others, blind to the seeming failings on the pitch but we either see this through together or we do our best to try and pull the club apart.

Without doubt there is a ground swell of opinion forming against Worthington.  All sections of the ground expressed their views regarding the McVeigh substitution on Saturday, not by anti-Worthington chants, but by pro-Mcveigh singing. However, it will not take much for the chants to go anti-Worthington.

After several games this season there has been noticeable vocal discontent after the whistle has been blown, and each time it gets louder and more noticeable. If this continues to get louder and loader, and if the "early leavers" continue to grow in numbers, then the board will have to take notice. No matter what some posters on this board feel about the booers and the leavers the fact is that they are growing in numbers and will continue to do so if the results remain poor.

One or two more poor performances and the vociferous section of the crowd WILL turn against Worthington. When that happens even the reticent sections of the ground will join in because Worthington is really p*ssing off a lot of people right now. I sit in the Upper Barclay and have to say there is very, very little support from the people around me for Worthington right now.

If we do not perform on Tuesday night I think the tide will turn noticeably against him.

I have posted on the official site that a good way to protest,if you want Worthy out,is to not enter the ground until 8.00 on Tuesday night.This will show the board the level of dissatisfaction of the club.If there are enough fans outside the ground the kick-off will be delayed.When inside get behind the team 100%(as we normally do)as we are desperate for the 3 points.

No apology/sacking/resignation before Tuesday night,if your not happy,stay outside the ground.

although we are all angry, sad, disillusioned etc we cannot and must not boo the team whilst they are playing - it won''t make them feel any better about the situation we are in, it won''t get to worthy (he must already have some idea of how fans feel), and the board won''t take any action on booing etc

time will tell (for the board anyway) at season ticket renewal time, which is february for those of us who buy at the first time of asking

should we still be below mid table i think some fans will vote with their feet - of course things might have been resolved one way or the other before then - but at the end of the day this is a business and the board won''t forget that the fans are the customers, if the product isn''t what we want we don''t buy into it

of course there are those of us who will still buy our season ticket, renew memberships etc whatever is served up, but there is a cut off point of how many of us need to renew, not sure what it is anymore, used to be 16,000.  If that figure shows signs of not being reached then the board will act

by then chances of promotion will be long gone, but i can''t see the board making any rash decisions and not based on a few bad performances

i don''t like the current position we are in, but think that it can be turned around (though not with the present coaching/tactics), whether we get in a new manager/coaching team then so be it, promotion is over if we are to repeat this form over the next ten games though and although the signs in the centre half partnership are good, and coliln is impoving, the link up play is still woeful and the movement shocking.  Too many changes in personnel, tactics, etc

We have had a lot of bad years and finally it came good, it has got disappointing again, but with the players we have on our books we should be able to get to the top six, if we don''t then heads will ultimately roll i feel

Its is time to stop this little witch hunt and support the players and the club.  If you want people to shout "Worthy Out" you can COUNT ME OUT.  I have given many people a history lesson on here before about what we have done since Worthy has been here and would have no problem re-posting our rise out of mediocrity (on request)

I have got a better question for you.  Who would replace Nigel.  Who would you want to see in place.  It is all very well calling for a managers head but you have to think of who would come in, and would they take us back 10 years. 

Frustration is high at the moment as peoples expectations are too high.  Everyone at the club is working hard to put things right and give the City of Norwich prem footy once more.  Look at the squad worthy has built for goodness sake.  We have future England Keeper and Striker and Centre Half and once we click into gear we will rise very quickly up the league. 

If worthy and Norwich were to go on to gain automatic promotion again after this bad start, I am sure people would call for him to get the freedom of Norwich.    

Players cannot gel overnight and we have a few new ones still finding their feet.  Rather than slate Worthy and try to oust him, get behind the team 100%, sing your hearts out and give everyone your 100% backing.  I for one will be giving 110% loyalty to the players and the management team. 

WORTHY TO STAY.                              

Although I think that Worthy is no longer the man for the job, booing the players won''t be at all productive. It''s not their fault that they''re demoralised, confused by tactics and team selections, or led by a manager that has no clear strategy or direction for the team. If Worthington remains in charge, the Board should be the target of the discontent, not the players.   

As a comparison here''s the first ten results of the promotion season.

League Championship Bradford 2-2 Norwich 09-08-2003
League Cup Northampton 1-0 Norwich 12-08-2003
League Championship Norwich 2-0 Rotherham 16-08-2003
League Championship Sheff Utd 1-0 Norwich 23-08-2003
League Championship Norwich 3-2 Milton Keynes 26-08-2003
League Championship Nottm Forest 2-0 Norwich 30-08-2003
League Championship Norwich 2-0 Burnley 13-09-2003
League Championship Gillingham 1-2 Norwich 16-09-2003
League Championship Stoke 1-1 Norwich 20-09-2003
League Championship Norwich 2-1 C Palace 27-09-2003
League Championship Norwich 2-1 Reading 30-09-2003

So from 10 league games City were on:

Pl:10 W:5 D:2 L:3 GF:16 GA:11 Pts:17

Compare that to this season and City are on:

Pl:10 W:2 D:3 L:5 GF:8 GA:11 Pts:9

On the promotion season form we would be sitting in 5th place.

And SteveM, history doesn''t count for anything when the team is performing as they currently are. They are quite simply underacheiving at present. Collectively the team and coaching staff has to shoulder the blame. Admittedly booing the team will not help, but for those who pay their £20+ for their tickets they''re looking for something from the product, which by all accounts, is not what they''re getting.

The worrying thing from my perspective is that the long running problems that some posters here have so eloquently described, see ZLFs posts, have not been addressed in all the time that Worthy has been at the club. It''s taken some 10 games of this season before the issue of the central defensive partnership gets seriously looked at.

once again, the facts and stats says it all, we are going down hill. He takes seasons to get things working, not games, or days. The defensive partnership is just one example, pretty much like last years midfield crisis

Worthless is clueless, and we need to act and tell and show the board how we feel, and there are only a few ways to do that, the easiest is with our voices

Morph, cheers for the stats by the way

[quote]What a load of old s***e jas the barclay spouts. And predictably when challenged resorts to the usual ''oh I''m not entitled to my opinion'' even though no one has ever said that. Convenient cop out for ...[/quote]

Totally agree.  I for one will always cheer my team on the pitch.  Anyone who boos their manager or players will simply be harming our prospects.

We do not have a divine right to be successful.  Perhaps we should realise that when Worthy took over, we were struggling at the bottom of the division.  The fact he managed to build a team and get us in the Prem, giving us one hell of an exciting season and bolstering our finances, should not be the reason for the knee jerk reaction of most of the "supporters" on here calling for his head.

I will always be greatful to Worthy for his achievements to date and feel that he is in the best position to give us a chance of getting back in the Prem, although this may take a couple of seasons of consolidation.

im not going to cop out at all Mad Dan. Both yourself and Dicky have challenged my opinion and i am responding.

Ok, i will say lets sack Worthington. The reason i said Wait until the game starts, see how it goes, is because Worthy has opened his mouth at an in oppurtune time and im waiting to see if the way the players perform reflect what he said.

What he said included you and Dickie, he doesnt Care about you... so why bother sticking up for him?

And you mention about the board "not being to happy" this comes just 2 weeks after Roger Munby issues a statement saying Worthy wont be sacked and that the board are pleased with how he is doing. our board are too "nice". Football is a business and business is a ruthless, cut throat world where everyone is doing everyone over...

"We have no right to win anything" very true, no one does, but we do have a right to not be insulted by the manager, to not have our intelligence insulted, which he has been doing for the past 5 years with his "i cant fault my players" comments after woeful showings.

So sacking the manager is pulling the club apart? in what way? if players are too comfortable at the club a achange of management is going to make them buck up their idears... a new manager might deem someone surplus to requirements, so they may try even harder on the pitch. and Whilst i dont think anyones done badly perhaps it will give us a bit more cohesion to our play.

I take it you never chanted "chase out" during the games either, for fear of damaging the ears of our delicate players?

jas  

[quote]im not going to cop out at all Mad Dan. Both yourself and Dicky have challenged my opinion and i am responding. Ok, i will say lets sack Worthington. The reason i said Wait until the game starts, see...[/quote]

jas, sorry but I have to correct on one point here. Worthy''s comment about the fans was in response to a comment from Chris Goreham on his decision to substitute McVeigh and how it didn''t sit well with the fans. Worthy quite rightly pointed out that it was nothing to do with the fans what substitutions he made it was down to him and his coaching staff. However, it has been quoted out of context in such a way that it appears as if Worthington is slagging the fans off. His crime was simply his use of words.

It could be argued that we have inflicted a bigger crime upon Worthy by mis-representing and mis-interpreting the words he used. Unfortunately what''s done is done and his comments may well be the rope to hang him with.

Chris Goreham was right to pose questions that might throw worthy.If worthington can''t handle them , and it''s now clear he can''t. He should not be put in the position where he''s going to put his foot in it.It''s the same old answers we recieve. workrate, passing etc......... well let me say this, the match was truly dull and boring, we had possibly 3 chances the whole match. That is simply not good enough.What Chris Goreham was actually saying was "god that was truly dull and boring and we really didn''t create as many chances as a team at home should"

You don''t seem too up on putting over a rational argument jas. Let me put it to you simply. Either you think that Nigel Worthington is no longer suitable to be the club''s manager or you don''t.

If it is the former then you should express your argument in the way that best suits your abilities - repeated booing. No half measures. Either he deserves to be booed or he doesn''t.

In reply I don''t see how Worthington''s dismissal of an idiot reporter reflects on his care for me. I doubt very much if he knows me, or Dicky come to that. What I do know is that the decisions made about the team are made on the basis of what he is paid to do ie use his skills and abilities to the best direction of the club. If that means working with his coaching staff as stated then that''s his decision. If it also means not paying heed to fans suggestions, advice etc so be it.

Might I also suggest you read what others post before replying. I never said " sacking the manager is pulling the club apart" what I did say was "do our best to try and pull the club apart." By that I mean the effect your idiotic chanting and expectation that everyone else has the mental capacity of a flea could have.

You end by suggesting that I never " chanted .........for fear of damaging the ears of our delicate players? ". Yet it is supposed to be the manager and the the board who are at fault not the players - who you claim "i dont think anyones done badly " (though you happily castigate poor old Worthy when he says the same thing). Perhaps you might like to reflect on the effect your actions might have on them.

Finally you claimed that you have some kind of right as "... to not have our intelligence insulted ". This from someone who posted " that the wheels are in motion to oust him.. in order to do this fans must be solid and together...."

I''m not sure if the squeaking I can hear is those wheels failing to budge or your brain cells suffering from the same lack of movement. Possibly neither. Most likely it''s the gaggle of malcontents you sit with attempting to voice their anger at the harsh realities and disappointments of the grown up world.

Maddan seems to enjoy insulting people, although the reply im expecting is "oh no i dont insult people bla bla bla" as he refers to me as idiotic yet again in another post.

Were you never told that its Childish to insult someone who has a different opinion to you, you arrogant pleb.

still, onward.

"Either you think that Nigel Worthington is no longer suitable to be the club''s manager or you dont"

Id of thought that was pretty obvious, or do u really need me to explain it to you? u seem capabale of posting on a message board so im sure your intelligence levels arent that low as to work out how i feel about worthless.

"Might I also suggest you read what others post before replying. I never said " sacking the manager is pulling the club apart" what I did say was "do our best to try and pull the club apart." By that I mean the effect your idiotic chanting and expectation that everyone else has the mental capacity of a flea could have"

oh look! more insults from Daniel! and yes you obviously think that by sacking the manager and our attitude about it is pulling the club apart, if not, then why try and change or deflect your point of view when questioned or proved wrong, your not Worthy are you?

"You end by suggesting that I never " chanted .........for fear of damaging the ears of our delicate players? ". Yet it is supposed to be the manager and the the board who are at fault not the players - who you claim "i dont think anyones done badly " (though you happily castigate poor old Worthy when he says the same thing). Perhaps you might like to reflect on the effect your actions might have on them"

i notice you never answered the question, whats the matter? dont want to be tarnished with the same brush as those that want Worthy out? or are you Above our "mentality". And the affect our actions might have on the players will hopefully see them come out in support of their manager or against him.

"I''m not sure if the squeaking I can hear is those wheels failing to budge or your brain cells suffering from the same lack of movement. Possibly neither. Most likely it''s the gaggle of malcontents you sit with attempting to voice their anger at the harsh realities and disappointments of the grown up world"

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, it seems that Daniel has to resort to insults yet again.

Anyone reading this thread can see how petty and small minded you are that you have to rely on insulting people, by using big words to try and hide your apparent lack of arguement skills, questioning my intelligence is fine, you go right on ahead!

if, and When, Nigel Worthington does part company with this football club im not expecting you to post on here again, for fear of being made tolook wrong and having to rely on your childish insults, which i must admit dissapoint me.

Thanks for your Time Daniel, and apologies to anyone who feels this thread has now been ruined by my arguing with an arrogant fool! yes i can insult too!

I can see why you got upset jas, all a bit unnecessary really.

My take on this is that while I can fully understand those that boo I don''t think that booing Nigel or chanting against him will have any effect at all. If anything it could spur on the opposition. The Board will know exactly what is going on, they watch the matches and they are the ones who have made the money available to him. I bet they are pretty much in tune with supporters'' views too in this age of free information and debate.

BTW, have you noticed the lack of direct support for Nigel? Apart from Munby they seem to be keeping very quiet to me, but then I live in Hampshire where its quiet most of the time.

"Worthington''s dragging us down"

Well what was Hamilton doing then? And others before him?

My point is well made by the Observer''s report on the Chelsea match. "For 60 seconds Chelsea were a club in crisis before Lampard struck".

These days, you lose a few games and you''re in crisis.

Or, being "dragged down". I think some reactions on here are a bit hysterical at times. If we''re being dragged down, then what is Dowie doing to Palace, or Moyes to Everton? Let''s get real. We''re not where we want to or should be, we need to win a couple of games to get back up towards the top 6. But let''s not make a crisis out of a drama.

If people are unhappy why go? the board would see that some/many fans are unhappy, there will be no booing to annoy the players. Simple. Then those who support there team can do so by attending and sing in one voice!

By definition:

supporter

• a person who supports a sports team, policy, etc.

Boo

• (boos, booed) say ‘boo’ to show disapproval or contempt.

contempt

• the feeling that a person or a thing is worthless or beneath consideration.

I for one will be there tomorrow not booing, not complaining but supporting my team as i''ve always done, which includes the manager and players, rather than moaning and unsettling the team as other spectators at the games seem to do!