Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Germany v England

Actually, the team are looking quite pacey and the tempo is far quicker since Southgate has binned Rooney. That makes him a tactical genius.

The biggest compliment I can pay is that they looked nothing like England in that half.

Really like the shape and patience on the ball.

Of course we will turn into an 2017 Ipswich XI as soon as a tournament starts.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]And meantime Naismith scored for Scotland (Simeon Jackson playing for Canada)[/quote]

Pleasing to see mate, I hope he grabs another 👍

I anticipate the outrage from the Daily Express about how the EU are conspiring to prevent England winning the World Cup.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Lallana hit the post, Alli should have scored. We appear to be playing quite well.

Mind you, it is a meaningless friendly.[/quote]as opposed to a meangful friendly, I suppose

No cutting edge and slow to attack,  at one stage we had a break where it was 3 attackers against two defenders but those in possession played the ball sideways and backwards, by then Germany had everyone back.

At least a manager who is prepared to change his or the fashionable tactic of slow possession and endless passing.

We tried to get the ball forward at every opportunity and were much the better side.

I just hope he keeps that style going forward.

england looked great in the first half, the amount of subs messed things up abit but the whole point of freindlies is to try these things out.

if we would have carried the whole game out with that starting 11 i believe we would have won.

New look england looks good!

With England in a friendly under a relatively new manager i just want to see progression and the high pressing tatic that was employed seemed to really do the trick i know that we didnt win the game but overall the way that england played was very good, this was quite surprising and i hope that this can be maintained and built  upon in the future, the style seemed to be the same way alot of teams play in the premier league, also there were some bold desisions made by southgate the 3 at the back for instance and giving some players there first england caps i hope that we employ tatics that other teams are going to struggle with rather than us always changing the way we play to try and nullify the opposing teams attributes.