Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Which Head Coach? up-and-coming or been there and done it?

Seemed to be linked with lots of managers doing well in the Champ or lower leagues.

Ok so say we take one, he gets us promoted ... then what? Look what happened to Neil, out of his depth in the Premier League.

Newcastle on the other hand went for someone they knew had the t-shirt. And look at them fly!

Of course any appointment has risk, but surely a manager such as Benitez reduces that risk. We pay millions for players so why not a manager?

2 sides who have overachieved this year are Huddersfield & Leeds. Both have managers we would all be happy to see take over here. Wagner was managing Dortmunds reserve side and has been in charge of 70 games at professional level and Monk has Managing since 2014 so both pretty inexperienced.

Which manager could we attract like Benitez who''s won the champions league, UEFA cup, managed Inter, Napoli, R.Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, Valencia.

Would we all be happy? They are not proven at the highest level.

I realise it''s a big ask to go for a Benitez like manager but surely that''s the ambition, rather than being a good championship side.

Alex Neil was rumoured to be on £1m a year, Benitez £4m. Imagine us employing a manager like that on a 3 year contract and it not working out for us after year 1, cost us £8m to get rid of him.

Newcastle are owned by a man who is worth an estimated £2.4 billion. So can deal with things a bit better than us.

Up and coming manager from a lower English league team.

There are several who have achieved good results with limited resources and made some good buys.

We don''t have enough millions to spend to satisfy a premier league manager.

The appointment of a head coach will be differcult yes we would all like a manager with a vast exprience but you have to look at the cost of that coach and also the age of that person, having lots of experience may also not be the best fit.. when Hodgson was mentioned on here as a potential coach there seemed to be mixed views on him and he was probally the potential candidate with the best CV.

A younger coach who has plied his experience in a lower league has he got the ability to step up to the level we are currently at and able to take us further? Is he going to have the ability to deal with the players and their egos, can he get the respect required? does he have the ability to change things when they are going right?

I think that taking the time to get the right man for the job, is the right thing to do but this only works if we end up with the right person, as previously mentioned i would like someone like David Wagner or Gary Monk but i cant see us going for a coach like this David Wagner only signed a new contract in july 2016 and GArry Monk has a 1 year option at the end of the season.

Whoever they appoint i will support, i just hope its the right man for the job.