Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Berating Jacob

It''s plain crazy. As are the claims on here suggesting he should have been dropped to give others a chance. 10 goals and 6 assists?

Someone we can show real pride in.

See Zac, that''s where we differ. A lot of players have received ''unjust'' criticism around where I sit.

Jerome is lazy and can''t score.

Jacob/Josh are lightweight, can''t cross, and bottle tackles.

Hoolahan is too one footed and runs in circles (that''s actually my dads opinion...)

Naismith is useless

Whittaker is worse

Ruddy makes mistakes

McGovern can''t kick, catch, command or save anything

Martin can''t defend

And so on...

My personal favourite was people screaming at Brady to tackle when he was effectively playing LB and LM in one game, not realising he was doing brilliantly standing players up when left 2v1 for the entire game

"Surely they can be criticised as much as any other played though?

They are in the first team so they should expect to be criticised like any other professional footballer."Why boo/ heckle any home player? It can only be harmful? Even seasoned pros are less effective when getting the bird - Iwan Robert''s spoke about how it affected him and others in his book, for example.

People complain, they just do. But Murphy wasn''t booed anyway (not that I heard)

Are you honestly saying you have never criticised a player while sat in Carrow Road?

I think the treatment of Ruddy earlier this season (Sheffield Weds at home I think?) was much worse than a comical chant for about 10 seconds

[quote user="Rustyboy"]It''s called football banter as was done tongue in check. Chill out.[/quote]

Again, I''m not talking about one incident.

Jonny Howson seemed to think differently. However banter appears to be the new way stupid people can excuse their stupidity....

[quote user="CanaryNath"]can anyone post what the actual chant was?[/quote]

Apparently it was ''What the F''ing ''ell was that'' ? Didn''t hear it from my seat in the South stand - there was just a few seconds of frustration at a missed goal scoring opportunity - a difficult one at that. Its easy to say, but did he make the best decision at that moment?

As Rogue says, many of our squad get criticism for their faults and given the majority of this squad were here when we got promoted last time, I don''t remember many people saying these things then. A lot of it is due to the overall feeling of frustration with our underachievement this season.

Just in case people don''t think a section of our fanbase are stupid as f*ck, here''s some quality quotes from the Norwich City Facebook page today:

"you pay your money you have your say ! hes lazy and no where near as good as thinks or the fans think 22 and wont get no better"

"put it this way I think hes crap vastly overrated and would move him and his brother on asap because hes no where near good enough for where we hope to be ........"

"People are still using the excuse "there are young still" or "they are still leaning" they are 22 now. In my opinion they are not good enough"

Obviously my assumption is they''re on a wind up.

How can people think he''s not good enough?! Obviously he still has areas to improve upon, but he''s scored 10 goals from wide areas and 6 assists, which is an unbelievably good return for a first season at this level.

Again, more end product than Redmond.

Tbf these are probably the people that booed the sub last week

They don''t know what they want

Honestly the way some of you are going on about this you''d think hes getting jeered everytime he touched the ball, rather than getting a couple of seconds of frustration in one game.

Irvine today:"If it was Barnsley fans, who did start to sing the same chant thereafter, I could understand it...To have the shot he did with his left and get the reaction he did could

have seen a young player crumble and that wouldn’t have been helpful at

all."I presume that the perpetrators will still defend their right to make "witty banter" (sic)?

Yet another reason why its good that people who don''t want to be at Carrow Road aren''t renewing and being replaced by supporters who do want to be there. WIN/WIN[Y]

Yet another reason why its good that people who don''t want to be at Carrow Road aren''t renewing and being replaced by supporters who do want to be there. WIN/WIN[Y]

So he could have got upset, crumbled, have his career ruined, but he didn''t?

Instead he saw the funny side himself, scored a goodbye goal not long after, got called up to the U21s and moved on with life.

Wow. What a story this is. It''s a good job he isn''t half as precious as some people...

So to sum up...A senior professional and an experienced coach both thought it unhelpful and threatening to a young player to be ridiculed by his own fans in "witty banter."On the other hand some football experts on here seem to think that this is being precious and that it has no effect on players whatsoever, despite the evidence to the contrary, and presumably will carry on booing. I can only hope that they are among the number that are reportedly not renewing their season tickets.

Badger, you couldn''t be more right 👍. The arrogance of those who still think they know best over words from the horses mouths is quite staggering! I suspect maybe some of those that defended the ''banter'' were no doubt involved... 🤔

Is the chanting a bit stupid and potentially unhelpful? Yes.

Are some posters massively overplaying it? For sure.