Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Irvine in charge for Villa away

apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, particularly under the Webber threads.

Just read on the EDP/Pink in website the AI is in charge for the Villa away match next week.

Rather than a rushed appointment, club appears to be taking their time. I''m sure this will ramp up once Webber gets his feet under the table.

Happy with that, personally.

Agreed it certainly makes sense and we definitely need to get the right man in rather than rushing it.

My only concern is that if we get a few decent recent results and scrape in or just miss out on the play offs then the board will stick with Irvine.

I''m not convinced he is the right man for the job and doing the above wont convince me. We cant forget that he worked alongside Alex and either agreed with his squad, poor decisions and tactics. Or maybe he wasn''t strong enough or persuasive enough to influence Alex. In either case that puts question marks over if he could take us forward in the right direction.

I would give it to him for the rest of the season, to remove any uncertainty and focus on the playoffs. It can''t help him or the players going from one week to the next not knowing who is in charge

I think it says that they view him as a safe pair of hands who will get the best out of the players for what''s left of the season. He''s already said he won''t apply for the job, so if by some miracle we do get to the playoffs and even win them, I still think he''ll leave, because it appears he doesn''t want to work in the new structure.