Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Westminster Bridge

[quote user="Len"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]If the comments on this thread are anything to go by, it seems the terrorists are winning.[/quote]

Of course they are winning. George Bush stopped to short in 1991 and we stopped in Afghanistan just when were winning.[/quote]Our country has been falling to pieces since we got involved in these wars. In recent times the only successful war we''ve been involved in was the 1982 Falklands War where we retook a rather large deposit of oil (then untapped).Our armed forces are depleted to the point that we couldn''t do the same again. The UK faces losing Scotland and our economy is shot to pieces. Only a fool would start wars where the costs far exceed the returns![/quote]

That was my whole point. It is too late now. Al Quaeda and the Taliban were being driven back by the coalition forces in 2008. But just as Bush ordered in 91, our boys were told stop attacking and only fire if fired upon.

These different groups have had to to regroup, restock and regain all the ground they lost both physically and politically.

But what the hell, save the banks first and then worry about who and what you have left high and dry.

[quote user="Vw"]Don''t be extreme Herman, but equally don''t let liberal selective blindness cloud your judgement.[/quote]It isn''t.

Good, so then you can see the difference between the IRA''s narrow objective and that of radical Islam?

[quote user="Vw"]Katie is making hay.[/quote]This is Katie Hopkins who, having - quite rightly - lost a libel action, said she planned to appeal on the grounds that no-one believed what she had written anyway.That is a novel (one might - in saner times -  say career-threatening...) defamation defence for a newspaper columnist, but actually I can envisage the current President of the United States having to resort to it if Katie is sucessful.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 23/03/2017 10:20 PM:

Vw wrote:

Katie is making hay.

This is Katie Hopkins who, having - quite rightly - lost a libel action, said she planned to appeal on the grounds that no-one believed what she had written anyway.That is a novel (one might - in saner times - say career-threatening...) defamation defence for a newspaper columnist, but actually I can envisage the current President of the United States having to resort to it if Katie is sucessful.

👍

@ Buh

I earlier questioned if p. c. Palmer was wearing body armour. You derided my question saying "of course he did".

Well if he did, it was ineffective. The first guy on the scene said the worst wound was to his ribcage, from where he was bleeding profusely.

This matters. Police in such exposed positions need all the protection they can get.

Your attitude is not helpful.

Jamie Witherspoon wrote the following post at 23/03/2017 10:18 PM:

The more relevant comparison is between the means, not the ends. And in how we react to the aftermath of the means.

Maybe for you.

The real relevance is the threat posed by the movement and its objectives.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 23/03/2017 10:25 PM:

@ Buh

I earlier questioned if p. c. Palmer was wearing body armour. You derided my question saying "of course he did".

Well if he did, it was ineffective. The first guy on the scene said the worst wound was to his ribcage, from where he was bleeding profusely.

This matters. Police in such exposed positions need all the protection they can get.

Your attitude is not helpful.

Don''t know the answer to your question Ron but the recent interview would seem to suggest no. I suspect there are going to be many lessons learned and changes made in the aftermath.

[quote user="Buh"]Stop being such a cuck dan I supplied evidence for the sadiq claims it''s not hard to find what happened yesterday was a tragedy and religion is stupid. Not exactly controversial stuff unless you are a virtue signalling. You seem more mad at "those UKIP types" than the terrorist. Let''s not lose sight of you committed a murderous act.[/quote]
Am I missing something? Should the police just be allowed to shoot unarmed civilians without legal recourse? or wrongfully arrest people without consequence? You seem to be mad at Khan for repeatedly representing people suing the police, but the judicial system decided the police had done wrong in several of those cases, so I''m not exactly sure what your point actually is? We should protect the police even if they act illegally? The police should be above the law? 

You can argue it till you''re blue in the face, but there is no answer to this - terrorism will never be stopped.

More "anecdotes."

In November 2000 MI5 placed an unoccupied terraced house in Sparkbrook, Birmingham, under surveillance and recorded the visits of two men.

Agents collected a bin bag left outside by the pair and found wiring, packaging for electronic items, latex gloves, scales and traces of the high explosive HMTD. A few days later the men were arrested and searches recovered explosives, detonators and a guide entitled “the mujahidin’s explosives handbook”.

This was Britain’s first al-Qaeda plot though it attracted little attention when the men were tried under the Explosives Act 1883 and one, Moinul Abedin, was jailed for 20 years. Nine months after his arrest, the ideology of Islamist jihad went global with the September 11 attacks in the US. By then the roots of jihadism were already established in Birmingham.

The Kashmiri communities of Sparkhill and Sparkbrook were used to raising money for jihad and sending young men to fight in the independence battles back home. Some people who answered the call had returned to Britain with radical

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_58d4cde4e4b03787d356e007/amp

Great piece from Andrew Neil

"Some people who answered the call had returned to Britain with radical"

With radical what? Trainers? Lacoste polo shirts? Shisha pipes? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

With radical what? Trainers? Lacoste polo shirts? Shisha pipes? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

You need a tranquiliser matey.

Calm down.

Please define exactly what you think radical trainers are.

What the fuck is a Lacoste Polo Shirt?

Is that what you on ponce around in?

I need to know.

Radical trainers are trainers that are a little out there, different from the norm.

A Lacoste Polo Shirt is a Polo Shirt. By Lacoste.

Ever wondered why you have to ask so many follow up questions when people make quite simple points? I think you can cease wondering.

It''s because you''re not very clever.

"people make quite simple points?"

"Simple points?"

You can say that again.

Then he resorts to insults.

Typical backwater behaviour.

@BroadstairsR

When you post about football you make some interesting points. I found myself disagreeing with you sometimes, but that''s the whole point of a forum.

It''s a shame that you''ve turned into a bit of a troll. Has your winkie stopped working or something? You know you can get pills and implants to help with that, right?

t''s a shame that you''ve turned into a bit of a troll. Has your winkie stopped working or something? You know you can get pills and implants to help with that, right?

How very silly.

What a load of absolute tosh.

Insult? I didn''t mean to be insulting old boy, I was merely pointing out what should be patently obvious to anyone who has encountered you on these here message boards. If I tell a man who smells of poo that he smells of poo have I insulted him? I''ve probably helped him because he might not have been aware. He can go and buy some Nivea for Men. You''re not that bright and I''m alerting you to that fact. Maybe it will help you?

Don''t see it as an insult; you''re a Brexiteer after all. I''m a Remoaner, I''m the one who is meant to be the snowflake, not you.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Len"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]If the comments on this thread are anything to go by, it seems the terrorists are winning.[/quote]

Of course they are winning. George Bush stopped to short in 1991 and we stopped in Afghanistan just when were winning.[/quote]Our country has been falling to pieces since we got involved in these wars. In recent times the only successful war we''ve been involved in was the 1982 Falklands War where we retook a rather large deposit of oil (then untapped).Our armed forces are depleted to the point that we couldn''t do the same again. The UK faces losing Scotland and our economy is shot to pieces. Only a fool would start wars where the costs far exceed the returns![/quote]

That was my whole point. It is too late now. Al Quaeda and the Taliban were being driven back by the coalition forces in 2008. But just as Bush ordered in 91, our boys were told stop attacking and only fire if fired upon.

These different groups have had to to regroup, restock and regain all the ground they lost both physically and politically.

But what the hell, save the banks first and then worry about who and what you have left high and dry.[/quote]Fair points, but I don''t think invading Afghanistan was a wise idea. I don''t think any country (including Britain) has successfully invaded and occupied it without having to retreat under fire.As to Iraq, they had nothing to do with the terrorism that we''ve seen in recent years. The situation we see with ISIS in that country would never have happened under Saddam Hussein in the absence of the 2003 invasion. You could say similar about Libya.