Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Westminster Bridge

Quite user=Jamie Witherspoon. "If you haven''t got a spoon around here, you''re on the wrong forum."

Not everyone wants a spoon.

[quote user="hogesar"]Interesting that the first person to lash out on this thread about religion chose Christianity as the religion to criticise.

Odd, but it''s the pinkun.[/quote]
I''m not criticising any religion - I don''t subscribe to one myself, but respect other people''s right to. My point has nothing to do with which religion is the worst, it''s to do with the demonisation of Islam without applying the same criteria to Christianity. If that''s not been clear then apologies, but the simplistic generalisations of some, about a religion that has 23% of the world''s population, is stupid.
They are all extremists, and terrorists, and my gripe is not with those that recognise extremism, but with those who try to extrapolate the extremists actions to represent a religion, without applying that sentience to other groups.

[quote user="ricardo"]Regardless of his obvious scumbagness, C4 News have opened themselves up to a serious financial loss here.[/quote]
Doubt the scumbag has the money for a decent lawyer, so as long as he doesn''t get provided with any legal aid BS they should be ok.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ricardo"]Regardless of his obvious scumbagness, C4 News have opened themselves up to a serious financial loss here.[/quote]
Doubt the scumbag has the money for a decent lawyer, so as long as he doesn''t get provided with any legal aid BS they should be ok.
[/quote]  and dim fartyar se drops down to second place in the Pinkun''s All Idiot Open

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ricardo"]Regardless of his obvious scumbagness, C4 News have opened themselves up to a serious financial loss here.[/quote]
[/quote]Reading his Wikki page you''d hope he won''t be in receipt of a large libel pay out.

I get that KIO but people are naturally going to be more negative towards something which directly affects them. Brutal or not the murders by Christians aren''t directly effecting me.

I don''t know. I hate the OTT racism that normally boils from these disgusting events but I also have a problem whenever something like this happens and before anyone has said anything anti islam or whatever there''s someone feeling the need to say "well x does bad things too!"

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Just waiting for the inevitable tide of Islamophobia to pop up here from the usual suspects. Funny how they never pipe up about how Christianity is a religion of hate when nutters like Bissonnette go on a murder spree in a mosque."

Bissonette. One individuaal is held up as a "religion of hate."

Have you the slightest clue about the muslims treatment of Hindus before the partition of India?

The slightest clue?[/quote]
Breivik, Dylann Roofe, Robert Louis Dear Jr, the IRA, KKK etc. There''s plenty of white/christian terrorists.  Except they''re normally called ''mentally ill'' or ''lone wolves'' as opposed to ''terrorists'' by the media.In fact look at Africa and you''ll find plenty of black Christians who commit ISIS like atrocities on minority groups - beheading Muslims and the suchlike . There''s over 1.6 billion Muslims and 2.2 billion Christians. Of course there are going to be nutters in both camps. To profess otherwise is silly, purely on a statistical basis if nothing else. That''s why the "Islam is a religion of hate" argument is so stupid. Just because the media don''t shove Christian terrorism down your throat, doesn''t mean it''s any less prevalent than Muslim terrorism. In fact, the FBI state that "94% of terrorist attacks in the USA between 1990 and 2005 were committed by non-Muslims". In the EU, according to Interpol, less than 2% of terrorist attacks have been religiously motivated, and in fact the vast majority are carried out by nationalist/separatist groups. Now admittedly, this data is out of date (2005 for FBI data, 2014 for Europol) and things have changed rapidly in the last few years, but the point I''m making is that just because you don''t hear about the attacks in your media, doesn''t mean they aren''t happening. ( FBI LINK      EUROPOL LINK )
Can''t say the Muslim treatment of Hindus Pre-1947 is something I know much about. Although I''m fairly sure the behaviour of a certain Christian in that period of time was a more pressing concern for the majority of Europe. I''m also fairly sure the British treatment of Hindus pre-partition is hardly anything to have any pride in, so I''m wondering if the ''glass houses'' adage may be applicable here?
[/quote]

It happened at the houses of parliament. Of course we''ll here about it

[quote user="im spartacus canary "]You would win idiot of the day Mr pompous hands down 😂[/quote]In your rather dimwitted grasp of things I feel that is an honour.So perhaps I could point out the stupidity in your post. I presume your thought is that should this person be caught alive, all manner of barbarity should be enacted upon him. Following the brexiteers usual line of thought and fark the rule of law.However if your thought is to extract as much relevant information out of him then even someone with even your obvious limited grasp of things should be aware that torture, and extreme torture DO NOT WORK (look it up). It might excite those of a rather disturbed frame of mine but it achieves relatively diddley squat, as those under this torture will simply say whatever they think will stop the pain, and even then evidence so gained is inadmmisible in court.Now I know how you cranks have been taught to hate ''experts'' a sort of ukip Year Zero, but I tend to value their thoughts ......more so when so many of them are inagreement on a subject. So I would think that the authorities and various intellegence agencies know far better than some over excited halfwit about how best to extract information.

To be fair there''s plenty of examples of torture working along with less documented examples as well, for obvious reasons.

Although irrespective of anything else it''s fair to say whoever commits these kind of acts deserve torture.

Blah blah blah go and bore someone else mr pompous I didn''t even bother reading it after the first boring paragraph! Stop spoiling everyone''s fun with your boring lectures on here you pompous old wind bag 😂

[quote user="hogesar"]To be fair there''s plenty of examples of torture working along with less documented examples as well, for obvious reasons.

Although irrespective of anything else it''s fair to say whoever commits these kind of acts deserve torture.[/quote]However, Flashman is correct. Torture is an unreliable method to extract information. I certainly wouldn''t subscribe to it but I can understand someone wanting to kick him in the nuts.

"These streets of Westminster – home to the world’s oldest Parliament – are engrained with a spirit of freedom that echoes in some of the furthest corners of the globe. And the values our Parliament represents – democracy, freedom, human rights, the rule of law – command the admiration and respect of free people everywhere."

Well said Mrs May, proud to be British.

Of course it''s unreliable. Most if not all are. But it''s a method that has and hasn''t worked in the past.

The reality is these people are willing to die so extracting information is nigh on impossible.

[quote user="im spartacus canary "]Blah blah blah go and bore someone else mr pompous I didn''t even bother reading it after the first boring paragraph! Stop spoiling everyone''s fun with your boring lectures on here you pompous old wind bag 😂[/quote]oh dearit seems to have got under your skinstill a few deaths, and injuries to innocent folk are a ''bit of fun'' so who am I to spoil your fun

"Inspired by international terrorism"

Oh I see, and there was me thinking it was a Muslim extremist.

[quote user="hogesar"]To be fair there''s plenty of examples of torture working along with less documented examples as well, for obvious reasons.

Although irrespective of anything else it''s fair to say whoever commits these kind of acts deserve torture.[/quote]perhaps you have evidence of that.. the documented ones that isin this case if he was connected to anyone else they would have broken down and ''cleared out'' by now if not way before, knowing of this in advancewhat should be asked is who gains for this idiocy ?this deluded nutter in the time leading up to it, when his head was full of sh yte about the hereafter, something the UK seems to have no problem with given how close this was to Westminster Abbeymy thought has always been that it comes down to oil, with the Saudis indicating to the ''west'' that you agree to our terms or we release these nutters on you, fire them up with drugs and fairy stories and they will do just as they are instructedthe level of violence is certainly way beyond what we can truly comprehend and it is not so subtle - but be under no illusion there plenty born here who will happily do as they are instructed because of some similar delusionotherwise I cannot see where any of this amounts to a ''bit of fun''

All those people who were injured, it''s a dreadful business.

[quote user="Flashman"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ricardo"]Regardless of his obvious scumbagness, C4 News have opened themselves up to a serious financial loss here.[/quote]
[/quote]  and dim fartyar se drops down to second place in the Pinkun''s All Idiot Open

[/quote]
I''m sorry, I fail to see why the crown should subsidise a private individual (currently serving at Her Majesty''s pleasure at that) in order to sue a private newspaper organisation. It''s really none of the taxpayer''s business or responsibility.

On a pragmatic note, was the poor policeman who died wearing any sort of body armour? I''d have thought that would be sensible for someone in such a front line position.

Also, perhaps another argument for driverless cars (with unhackable software of course).

Of course he was wearing body armour

But it''s not much use if you are stabbed not in the chest

Flashman,

At the end of last year the CIA cited 8 cases of torture which led to the capture of terrorists, and thwarted terrorist plots.

That''s not to say it works all the time but it''s not something that should be completely ruled out in the list of options.

I believe that until the activities of the House of Saud are curtailed, then terrorism will continue to happen to western civilisations.

While we pander to this evil mob despite clear evidence of their sponsorship of terrorism, we are basically inviting the acts to continue.

We pander because they are the largest oil producer in the world. And a country that is ruled by a family and only observes Sharia law is not likely to blink first if it came to a stand off with the western world regarding oil.

That leaves the option of just going in and taking it, deposing the evil mob and giving the indigenous people a form of democracy. Or perhaps an emphatic hint that it is what will happen if they don''t change.

That may sound a bit undemocratic and illegal but when people don''t observe the law then they no longer command the respect of the legal system of the western world.

A family that pumped billions into the coffers of Saddam Hussein during the Iraq-Iran war but cried help when he looked like taking their oil of them.

They have no place at the UN, they have no place in the world when apostasy is punishable by death and they cannot be allowed to continue their education system that does not tolerate any other form of education other than Wahhabism.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]If the comments on this thread are anything to go by, it seems the terrorists are winning.[/quote]

Of course they are winning. George Bush stopped to short in 1991 and we stopped in Afghanistan just when were winning.

I don''t recall us treating all Irish Catholics as IRA supporters when they were bombing us through the seventies and eighties and nineties, and I don''t think we should treat all Muslims as sympathisers now. Isn''t the goal of these attacks to drive a wedge between different communities? Some of the Sadiq Khan references on here are disappointing to say the least.

Additionally it would be foolish to believe that defending someone in court means you have some level of sympathy for their actions, otherwise you would find it tricky to get a defence lawyer for rapes, assaults etc. So the fact Khan defended various undesirables in court has no relevance for me.